mtbr member

Night ride at McDowell?

I thought there was a night ride tonight 7/9 at McDowell but when I check the web site it is not showing. Am I mistaken? Is there a night ride somewhere else? Anyone want to go on a ride tonight? Maybe Gold Canyon. Thanks

Blood, Sweat, and Gears
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowbutSure View Post
    I thought there was a night ride tonight 7/9 at McDowell but when I check the web site it is not showing. Am I mistaken? Is there a night ride somewhere else? Anyone want to go on a ride tonight? Maybe Gold Canyon. Thanks
    You might PM Marty and verify but I haven't heard about them canceling. Here is the original link.
    MTB in The Moonlight, Sat 7/9/2011, Competitive Loops!
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -- Abraham Lincoln

mtbr member
    We (Baja Designs) are doing a clinic with Slippery Pig Wednesday night this week (July 13th) at the Pemberton Loop at 7:00, there will be a night ride after the clinic. We'll have plenty of demo Baja Designs Strykr's and Strykr Pro's for riders to try out.

Let me know if you have any questions, we look forward to seeing everyone there.

Shannon

Meatbomb
    What kind of clinic ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What kind of clinic ?
    Slippery Pig is teaching a basic riding clinic and I will be teaching a night riding clinic. Should be fun.

A plethora of pinatas
    Here are the details on the event. There will be a night ride following the clinic.

http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/mcdowe...?EventID=15619

So, You Want to Learn to Mountain Bike!? Biking Clinic & Demo with Slippery Pig- McDowell

McDowell Mountain Regional Park

Interested in learning what it takes to mountain bike in the desert? Whether you are interested in conquering the competitive track at McDowell, or preparing to finish your first loop around the Park on the Pemberton Trail, Pro mountain bikers from Slippery Pig Bike Shop will give you hands-on advice and technical tips to get you started. You can even try out some of Slippery Pig Bike Shops sweet demo bikes, yourself. All attendees will be entered into a free drawing for 2 pairs of Wet and Wild Waterpark passes! Meet at the Trailhead Staging Area.

Date: 7/13/2011

Time: 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Duration: 1 hour
    Speaker: Pro Mountain Bikers from Slippery Pig Bike Shop
    Registration Required: No
    Fee: $6 per vehicle park entry fee

More Info: http://slipperypigbikes.com/
    Location: Trailhead Staging Area- McDowell Mountain Regional Park

Address:
    16300 McDowell Mountain Park
    Marty

A plethora of pinatas
    Great times last night and thanks again to everyone that came out. The weather could not have been better.
    Marty

mtbr member
    I agree, that was a great event! The weather was perfect, it was almost cool-ish and the post-ride Mexican food was fantastic! If you have a chance to get out to one these clinics or the big McDowell Mountain night rides I would highly recommend it.

Slippery Pig Too bike shop in Fountain Hills now has the brutally tough and bright Baja Designs Strykr and Strykr Pro light systems in stock, swing on by and speak with Doug, he's their resident night riding expert.