mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Night Ride @ Estrella Mountain Regional Park

First Friday Night Bike Rides-Estrella
    Estrella Mountain Park
    Estrella Mountain Cyclery and Estrella Trails Club are collaborating to present this series. Night riding is totally different and not just because itís cooler! This self-guided ride is meant to be fun, but it's not for beginners. Do laps on the easier Jr. Loop (1.6 mi) and keep it close to the parking lot or challenge yourself with the more lengthy and difficult Long Loop (9.5 mi). Be smart, check the trail out in daylight before riding it at night. Start between 7:30-8pm and finish no later than 9:30pm. Bring bike, shoes, helmet, 2 hrs of water, night light (bikes, lights, etc for rent at www.estrellamountaincyclery.com 623-925-1352) The light should have at least a 3 hour power source...hiking back to the car is a possibility! Check in and out but ride on your own. Both tracks will be swept at 9:30pm to be sure all have finished safely. SKILL LEVEL: Night riding is a bit more difficult than daytime when you can see where you are going. The Jr. Loop is fairly easy but the Long Loop does have some technical features and involves some climbs. It's really not a ride for beginners. Bike Track near PIR.

Date: 9/3/2010
    Time: 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM Duration: 2 hours
    Registration Required: No
    Fee: $6.00 per vehicle park entrance fee

More Info: http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/estrella
    http://www.maricopa.gov/parks/estrel...&EventID=12673

Address:
    14805 W. Vineyard Avenue
    Goodyear, AZ 85338

jimfab
    sounds cool. I will do all i can to make it out!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I knock out this loop along with the 5 mi tech loop (not very tough, but fun) a couple times a week. Great trail for a night ride!
    It's been a while since I've seen anyone out there. I'm going to try to make this and meet some other west siders.

Team Tortuga
    What sick individual thought riding the Estrella comp loop would be more fun at night? (maybe it will be)

Even though I hate that trail I may have to give it a spin!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    It'll be nice to not be riding in the middle of the night and boonies by myself for a change.

Anyone game to include the tech loop? Front or backside of the ride, no matter.

jimfab
    Quote Originally Posted by crAZy Irish
    What sick individual thought riding the Estrella comp loop would be more fun at night? (maybe it will be)

Even though I hate that trail I may have to give it a spin!
    I bet it was Harvey!

HAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAhaaaahahhahahaaaaahhahaaaahhahahah haaahahahahahahahahahahhahhhahahahhaahhahahahahhah ahahahh NOT!

mtbr member
    Hey everyone there will brats and drinks afterward a well. No beer at this time but we will watch the turnout and maybe for the next one.

Sure I'm down for a tech loop, actually that was the one I was looking forward to.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    [QUOTE=Mountain Bike Cowboy. No beer at this time but we will watch the turnout and maybe for the next one.[/QUOTE]

Done deal! Babysitter is a lock and so am I. Looks like I'll be bringing a cooler.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I will be out there also, 7:30 sharp as I ahave to work early sat. Hope to meet some of you guys out there.
    Ben

jimfab
    Just got home, What a blast! Good turn out The Estrella Mountain Cycle gang put on a good show with good eats! PIR as i like to call it is a blast at night, I highly recommend trying it sometime. I guess this will be a monthly ride, the first friday of each month so mark your calender. As always PIR keeps you on your toes, or on your back in a greasewood bush. Very fun. Looking forward to next month. Here are a few pictures...

Cheers- Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Night Ride @ Estrella Mountain Regional Park-93104.jpg  

Night Ride @ Estrella Mountain Regional Park-93101.jpg  

Night Ride @ Estrella Mountain Regional Park-93103.jpg  

Night Ride @ Estrella Mountain Regional Park-93102.jpg  

Az HS Cycling League

Cool...

Any plans to do this again this fall? I missed this and would really like to do it. Anybody know. Thanks.
    Support Arizona High School Cycling League
    www.arizonamtb.org

jimfab
    I think it will be a monthly deal, the first friday of each month. I will be back for sure. That trail is more fun at night.

See you there.

mtbr member
    NO, it WASN'T Harvey. . .

* I actually WOULD have come out to play, but we're typically gone Friday Nights up-north.

I heard Satan's Course isn't so bad after some wussies "Sanatized-It."

See ya' all tomorrow night out here -- probably FINS again, but Eastern-Trails are a blast too.
    Brian "Harvey" Roberts

Team Tortuga
    Hey.....who moved my rock?

Thursday nights on FINS! Seriously if you haven't ridden FINS on the Thur night rides then you are probably missing one of the best social rides in the valley! Go on, try it, you'll like it! I'd bet a PBR on it!

But Harv....probably not going to make it. Still getting ready for the Fruita/Grand Junction/and now Crested Butte trip next week! 7 days of hella fun!