Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coconinocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,002

    The news of my death has been greatly exaggerated

    It came to me down the line that people have been passing it around that I have retired from frame building - this is very much not the case!

    I just keep my head down and work, and if anyone wants to get ahold of me e-mail works excellent:

    coconinocycles@yahoo.com

    Here are some examples of recent work - Rock On!


    The news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-33924040_1721555857959949_6536166275700228096_n.jpgThe news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-img_3915.jpgThe news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-img_3853.jpgThe news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-img_1537.jpgThe news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-img_4343.jpgThe news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-28056214_10155354400558811_5731852260709313475_n.jpgThe news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-33030794_10155102078111525_6284086828257509376_n.jpgThe news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-32956693_10216191680572596_3934010075416363008_n.jpgThe news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-20180519_110358.jpgThe news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-img_4139.jpg


    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

  2. #2
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10,999
    Call me old school but I rather fancy that root beer brown ss towards the bottom.😎👍
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Call me old school but I rather fancy that root beer brown ss towards the bottom.
    Agreed that one caught my eye as well.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,259
    I was at the Pay and Take the other day and heard that you were eaten by lions while on an African safari. I'm glad that it was just a rumor.

  5. #5
    slower than you
    Reputation: rockychrysler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,153
    Quote Originally Posted by coconinocycles View Post
    It came to me down the line that people have been passing it around that I have retired from frame building - this is very much not the case!

    I just keep my head down and work, and if anyone wants to get ahold of me e-mail works excellent:

    coconinocycles@yahoo.com

    Here are some examples of recent work - Rock On!

    Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles
    The world needs more Coconinos. This is great news!
    "May your trails be winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view." - Ed Abbey
    http://rockychrysler.com/

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coconinocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,002
    Thanks, all !!!!
    Just keepin' on keepin' on, 30 years of working on bikes in Nor-AZ !!!

    - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,353
    Quote Originally Posted by coconinocycles View Post
    Thanks, all !!!!
    Just keepin' on keepin' on, 30 years of working on bikes in Nor-AZ !!!

    - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles
    Indeed! Truly an original. Posting this sweet Hatcher pic on Mr. Coc. Cycle that graced the cover of Bike Magazine just because.

    The news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-garro.jpg

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    283
    I believe that rumor is/was truly alive. I ran into a guy here in Phoenix about 3 - 4 months ago riding one of your frames. I got the impression from him that he thought his was one of the last frames that you were creating.

    Glad to hear that the rumor was not true....such a nice looking ride. The guy riding it raved about it.

    DC

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coconinocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,002
    The news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-img_3198.jpg


    Quote Originally Posted by DustyChap View Post
    I believe that rumor is/was truly alive. I ran into a guy here in Phoenix about 3 - 4 months ago riding one of your frames. I got the impression from him that he thought his was one of the last frames that you were creating.

    Glad to hear that the rumor was not true....such a nice looking ride. The guy riding it raved about it.

    DC
    Understandable, as I was laid up for quite some time with tendonitis so severe I could not lift a coffee cup - empty.

    I had it real bad for a year, and I finally had to do very little for 8 weeks

    Was a humongous bike with 29 x 3.0's?


    - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles
    Last edited by coconinocycles; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:49 AM.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    283
    Honestly, I don't remember, it was at least a medium...but I was just kind of in awe as I've never seen one down here in the valley.

    Ugh, tendonitis (elbows)....struggled most of my life with it.

    Glad to hear things are getting better...keep on rockin on...such awesome looking bikes.

    Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coconinocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,002
    The news of my death has been greatly exaggerated-img_3856.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by DustyChap View Post
    Ugh, tendonitis (elbows)....struggled most of my life with it.
    Man......what a huge bag of suck for sure.......it's still there, I don't think you ever truly kick it, but 15 years of polishing bronze will do that to you.

    - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

  12. #12
    Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Reputation: Oh My Sack!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,251
    Just stay on the lowdown and run with the "dead artist" mantra and keep sneaking your frames into the marketplace. Everyone knows that once an artist is dead, their works are worth so much more.

    You'll make a killing.


  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: coconinocycles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,002
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Just stay on the lowdown and run with the "dead artist" mantra and keep sneaking your frames into the marketplace. Everyone knows that once an artist is dead, their works are worth so much more.

    You'll make a killing.

    Damn......you got me thinking I shoulda stayed on the DL


    - Steve Garro, Coconino Cycles
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com

Similar Threads

  1. Dropper Posts Benefits are Over Exaggerated
    By jeremy283 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 821
    Last Post: 01-28-2018, 09:50 PM
  2. Starva results exaggerated?
    By gzank6 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 07:15 AM
  3. Another topic that has been beat to death
    By iowamtb in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-27-2014, 04:52 AM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 01:47 PM
  5. Reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated.
    By zenmonkey in forum The ReCycle Bin
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 07:12 AM

Members who have read this thread: 192

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.