Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

newb Q's about Sunrise, Pinetop

778 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  dirtbag911 
#1 ·
Never been to Sunrise or any bike park. Have a chance to spend the weekend near there in a month and had a couple questions. I'm more of a trail rider than a DH'er and while I'd like to ride the lift and bomb the descent a few times, trail riding is probably more like it for the wife and other couple going. Are there singletrack trails all over Sunrise that you can access with the park entry fee? Are some of the intermediate variety? What would be perfect is if there is some singletrack that the ladies can ride while Len & I do a few DH runs, then join them for some more singletrack. Since we're more interested in trail riding than DH, should we skip Sunrise altogether and hit other trails in the area? Any tips or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
BBC

#2 ·
BigBadConrad said:
Never been to Sunrise or any bike park. Have a chance to spend the weekend near there in a month and had a couple questions. I'm more of a trail rider than a DH'er and while I'd like to ride the lift and bomb the descent a few times, trail riding is probably more like it for the wife and other couple going. Are there singletrack trails all over Sunrise that you can access with the park entry fee? Are some of the intermediate variety? What would be perfect is if there is some singletrack that the ladies can ride while Len & I do a few DH runs, then join them for some more singletrack. Since we're more interested in trail riding than DH, should we skip Sunrise altogether and hit other trails in the area? Any tips or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
BBC
Awesome trails in Pinetop and Showlow. Don't sweat the resort cause it is not what most would call a relaxing ride. Los Burros is great and there are many more trails that are not lift assisted in the area. Get ready for some sights though, beautiful part of AZ.

#5 ·
Pinetop is where the trail riding is at (show low as well). Sunrise is what you'd expect....down down down down down, steep in places, fast in places. Not a great ride for the casual mtb'r, unless you just use the lift up and take the fire roads down.

http://www.tracks-pinetop-lakeside.org/trail1.htm

+3 on Los Burros. For a nice ride in the pines with much less elevation gain (200-400ft?), Country Club is good. Right in Pinetop and only 4 miles, but you can loop that out for countless miles if you wish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.