Eleven - it's one louder

newb Q's about Sunrise, Pinetop

Never been to Sunrise or any bike park. Have a chance to spend the weekend near there in a month and had a couple questions. I'm more of a trail rider than a DH'er and while I'd like to ride the lift and bomb the descent a few times, trail riding is probably more like it for the wife and other couple going. Are there singletrack trails all over Sunrise that you can access with the park entry fee? Are some of the intermediate variety? What would be perfect is if there is some singletrack that the ladies can ride while Len & I do a few DH runs, then join them for some more singletrack. Since we're more interested in trail riding than DH, should we skip Sunrise altogether and hit other trails in the area? Any tips or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
    BBC
    Today's solid oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. -Anonymous

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadConrad
    Never been to Sunrise or any bike park. Have a chance to spend the weekend near there in a month and had a couple questions. I'm more of a trail rider than a DH'er and while I'd like to ride the lift and bomb the descent a few times, trail riding is probably more like it for the wife and other couple going. Are there singletrack trails all over Sunrise that you can access with the park entry fee? Are some of the intermediate variety? What would be perfect is if there is some singletrack that the ladies can ride while Len & I do a few DH runs, then join them for some more singletrack. Since we're more interested in trail riding than DH, should we skip Sunrise altogether and hit other trails in the area? Any tips or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
    BBC
    Awesome trails in Pinetop and Showlow. Don't sweat the resort cause it is not what most would call a relaxing ride. Los Burros is great and there are many more trails that are not lift assisted in the area. Get ready for some sights though, beautiful part of AZ.

Shred...it's the new drug
    +1 for los burros...check the tracks website for maps. If you don't feel like pedaling too much you can shuttle it...google pinetop tracks

AZ
    banned
    + 2 for Los Burros . or any of the other 200 miles of trails in the area .

EDR
    Pinetop is where the trail riding is at (show low as well). Sunrise is what you'd expect....down down down down down, steep in places, fast in places. Not a great ride for the casual mtb'r, unless you just use the lift up and take the fire roads down.

http://www.tracks-pinetop-lakeside.org/trail1.htm

+3 on Los Burros. For a nice ride in the pines with much less elevation gain (200-400ft?), Country Club is good. Right in Pinetop and only 4 miles, but you can loop that out for countless miles if you wish.

sandbagger
    i think sunrise will be closed in a month wont it ?

women can ride fire road while you bomb down
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

mtbr member
    sunrise closes after labor day weekend so if your gonna go...go soon.
    trying to get it all done...in one life

mtbr member
    Los Burros is awesome right now, just rode it on Wednesday and the full loop was PRIMO!! plus you can camp there at the trailhead!

Alive and Lurkin'
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtbag911
    Los Burros is awesome right now, just rode it on Wednesday and the full loop was PRIMO!! plus you can camp there at the trailhead!
    Be Careful that could sound like an open invite to the cheesetards...
    Pumpin & Pimpin

Eleven - it's one louder
    Oh, I didn't even think that it might be closed. Thanks for pointing that out! Los Burros it is. How long is the whole loop?
    Today's solid oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. -Anonymous

mtbr member
    16 miles but you can easily add more...just do the vista points too...totally worth it!

www.tracks-pinetop-lakeside.org