mtbr member
    Nov 2013

Idea! New Years Ride in Kingman, AZ? Help me explore a new area!

Hey Arizona!

I am visting Laughlin, NV for New Years. I've heard there's some good riding about 30 minutes away in Kingman, AZ. Specifically the Cerbat Hills Trails System, although I'm open to suggestions.

I would REALLY like to explore the area, but my husband would prefer I bike with someone who can guide me since it's an area I don't know . I couldn't find a meet-up forum, so thought this would be appropriate.

Anyone interested in meeting me there, or know of a local riding group I could get in contact with? I could ride later in the day the 30th, early the 31st, or early the 2nd. (Need a day to recover from the fun, haha )

I'm a XC/All Mountain rider , but wont shy away from a good downhill. I live in San Diego, so ride regularly and lots of different terrain/trails. Basically I'm up for whatever you wanna throw my way. Reply or PM me please!

mtbr member
    It's hard to find a decent map for the Kingman area but maybe the LBS in Kingman has one. This is about the best but doesn't have the new stuff on the west side of hwy93. http://www.cityofkingman.gov/pages/d...ges/cfrats.jpg

The loop around Monolith Garden is easy to navigate. Park at the Metwell Dr. TH or the Coyote Pass TH. Maybe the latter since you're coming from Laughlin. Counterclockwise seems to be the favored loop. Maybe a rider or two will post up from Kingman and join you but it's pretty easy to navigate. There's also a couple of threads if you do a search but the info is lean. Good luck!
    "Fart in a paper bag, after eating the #17 plate from filibertos. STRAVA!" M77Ranger.

Beer Drnkr w/bike problem
    Not trying to toot Strava but if you go to that site and "explore" Kingman, Az looking for MTB rides you will find plenty. I've never ridden there and I already have New Years day ride planned so I can't join ya. Hitting the dice in Laughlin sounds fun, have a good time and let me know how the riding was.
    "Not drinking is the Single Speed World Championships version of doping" -Jacquie Phelan

Over the Hill
    Used this Mhttp://www.mtbproject.com/trail/1000455/monolith-gardensTB Project | Mountain Bike Trail Maps last time I rode Monolith Gardens and it worked fine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    try bicycle world in kingman,he usually has maps of the trail system,and his worker is very knowledgeable of the trail system,ask for ed.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    also look up dedmann on this site he is the guy for bicycle world.

mtbr member
    Try Monolith Garden trail system.

Monolith Garden Trail - BLM Arizona

Bike shops: Bicycle Outfitters and Bicycle World. Bicycle Outfitters has weekly group rides on the Monolith Trail system which they post on FB.