Thread: New Trans AM

How much further ???

New Trans AM

Just got my new Trans AM this week. Nothing quite like getting a new bike. Havent gotten it out on the trails yet but I can already tell its going to be a blast. Perfect compliment to my Slayer. AM big travel 26er and an AM steel 29er hardtail. Im stoked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Trans AM-img_0004-800x600-.jpg  

New Trans AM-img_0003-600x800-.jpg  

New Trans AM-img_0001-800x600-.jpg  

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Nice looking bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Where did you get that bike storage unit? We need something like that for our garage.

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Nice beer!

Oh and new bike too.

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by 88Sand View Post
    Where did you get that bike storage unit? We need something like that for our garage.
    I got it 13 years ago. It is a Saris brand, and I think I just got it at a LBS.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    Nice beer!

Oh and new bike too.

K trail tomorrow morning?

parenting for gnarness
    njoy!

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    she won't let u keep them inside?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Great Bike

Looks like a great ride! Really like Transitions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hey; anytime you can put a TRANSITION in your stable you know the Gods are with you!
    Cheers; and yes; Cloudview at 10 AM. Hope to cu there D.
    TS

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Nice new rig. What're those things on the ends of your bars?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Nice. Almost pulled the trigger on a Trans AM last year but went 650B (Jamis Dragon) instead. I'm happy as a pig in ...... but gotta admit your new ride makes me wonder if I don't need a hardtail in all three sizes: 26, a 27.5 AND a 29er

I like your taste in beverages too....

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatant View Post
    Nice new rig. What're those things on the ends of your bars?
    I know I know. Carry over from the mid 90's I guess. I use them all the time and it feels odd to ride a bike without them. I know they aren't cool but then again that is a kick ass Honda Odyssey in the background so I not the kind of person to be too concerned about my image.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    D; when r u coming to GC to ride it? Will ir/you do the Trans Cda Hiway?
    TS

mtbr member
    Here's more anonymous internet man-love for your ride.

Personally I was just about sold on a Canfield Yelli-Screamy. But then I saw this. And then i remembered how much I absolutely loved my Transition Preston.

PS - love the green.

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by TransitionSenior View Post
    D; when r u coming to GC to ride it? Will ir/you do the Trans Cda Hiway?
    TS
    I will probably be out there during the week sometime. What is the Trans Cda Hwy?

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    What is the Trans Cda Hwy?
    the trans canada highway right now is Power road

How much further ???
    Well I've gotten out for a ride on the Trans AM the last three days and I can say it is a very fun bike to ride. Very happy with the geometry and the feel of the bike. I'm looking forward to many many miles of fun with this bike.

That being said I have a few initial impressions of the 29er wheels. I've demo'd a 29er once when I was in NM but this is my first experience on the same trails I ride regularly on my 26ers. In a nut shell

1) The wheels do seem to roll over 1/2 to 3/4 inch or small obsticles easier than the 26er. The larger the obsticle the less I notice the benefit.

2) #1 contributes to the feeling of keeping more momentum. Almost feels like gliding in the smooth sections

3) I notice no difference when climbing. For example I felt no difference when climbing cardiac. It ultimately comes down to overcoming gravity with fitness ability regardless of wheel size.

4) I notice no difference when decending. Coming down the back side of Mine for example. I find decending more a function of picking good lines and braking technique regardless of wheel size.

5) I noticed no benefit in slow technical rocky terrian. A large enough rock will catch any wheel regardless of size if you hit it right and the 29 might actually be considered a negative in the tight tech spots.

So all in all I find the 29er wheels better in the relatively flat smooth sections and of no real effect anywhere else.

That being said I wanted my TransAM for far more than just 29er wheels so I am 100% satisfied regardless. The real test will be taking it around Pass Mt. Testing still in progress.

I am Bob
    Mine's better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Trans AM-trans-am.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman View Post
    Mine's better.
    Looks like a Bandit 29.

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by chongoman View Post
    Mine's better.
    Pfff Roadie

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    That beauty IS a Transition Bandit 29!
    D; let me know when you want to do Pass Mtn; anytime. I'll bring B29 and we can swap if you wish.
    r u runnin a Reverb?
    The Trans Cda Hiway is what I call the roll off on Gila Monster....my gulp n go! Theres a nice transition run that appeared; thanks GM!
    TS

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Nice ride , Make sure stay way out in front of these guys!!...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Trans AM-buford-t-justice-smokey-bandit.jpg  

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by TransitionSenior View Post
    That beauty IS a Transition Bandit 29!
    D; let me know when you want to do Pass Mtn; anytime. I'll bring B29 and we can swap if you wish.
    r u runnin a Reverb?
    The Trans Cda Hiway is what I call the roll off on Gila Monster....my gulp n go! Theres a nice transition run that appeared; thanks GM!
    TS
    Yeah I did that roller the other day. Looks worse than it really is. What I havent figured out is the little step drop into the wash at the bottom. Sort of odd because if you go off the drop you have to land with your front wheel higher than the rear if they both land at the same time.