Plus size jersey model

New trail crowding imperiled bat species

Seen this in the Tucson paper.
    http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/172583

Occidental Tourist
    seems fair to put up Mark Flint's clarification. Hope he doesn't mind.
    The comparison of a nonmotorized trail to a housing or commcercial development is ludicrous. A 6-year-old could tell you the difference.
    I told Sorenson this when he interviewed me, yet he chose to put it right up front in his story. He also misrepresented who was responsible for determining the route in the park. The route was first laid out by park representatives (the park is run by a group that has a lease with the county), and we made tweaks to ensure sustainability. But since Sorenson apparently has an axe to grind with the county he ignored that fact.
    He also ignored the fact that the county had multiple biological reviews. I told him how careful we were to transplant cactus -- even mammillaria, and that most of the agaves were transplanted. A few, that were part of clumps, were removed. We also detoured the trail to go around many agave.
    He insults the volunteers who have put in more than 12,000 hours on this trail in the past three years.
    As a former newspaper reporter I know bias, and this story was slanted. Dan Sorenson is clearly biased, in what he wrote, what he left out and where he buried information that disagrees with his theory that the county was irresponsible. That's not journalism. It's advocating a specific point of view instead of presenting both sides fairly. He has lost all credibility with me, and he will never get the chance to blindside me again.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

sprocket
    Quote Originally Posted by sikwoodbiker
    Seen this in the Tucson paper.
    http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/172583

Oh how I hate those darn trail crowders. Worse than too much butter on your cakes in the morning.

mtbr member
    Save the bats!

NardoSS
    Lesser long-nosed bat...beer battered or grilled? Deeeeelicious!

Plus size jersey model

There was no mention of this species in the article, but you do see a lot of them here in Tucson. Though I don't think there main diet is agave.

mtbr member
    In Wyoming they build bat whacking boxes. You build a wooden box with both ends open and then put a light in it. Then you give your grandkids a baseball bat and when the bats fly through they whack them. For the real little one's (the kids not the bats) you give them a tennis racket. I heard this discribed by a boss I had and he was tottaly serious. Great sport bat whacking I think he was hopping it would get in the Olypics.

Old Fart at Play

Mark Flint's bike after a night ride on AZ Trail.