mtbr member
    Apr 2010

New Trail coming to Pine "Bearfoot Trail"

Pine Trail June 2013 #2 - YouTube

Coming up on 4 miles completed of a 16 mile loop. Approximately 8 miles of brand new trail and 8 miles of Pine Trail that will be rehabbed. We hope to have most of the new trail complete by September 14th which is the Fire On The Rim race weekend.. of which I'm sure you are all signed up for. All the money goes to trail development. Check out the "Pine Strawberry Fuel Reduction" website for upcoming trail work events. We could use some new blood. A side note..... trail 608 has been approved by the forest service as a dedicated downhill trail with multiple lines of difficulty etc. Builders must use natural materials found on site to build trail... we need someone to spearhead this project. Trail 608 connects to new "Bearfoot Trail". Trail 608 could also be shuttled when complete... If interested in this project please contact Mike or Janet Brandt through the Fuel Reduction or Fire On The Rim websites.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Good to hear. I've done the FOTR the last two years and its nice to see the promise of trails come to fruition. Wish I could compete this year, since I'd certainly be back, and to try the new dirt, but injury has other plans. Definitely be back next year.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Nice! Excited to get some more single track in that area

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Where is the Trail head? Is there access point in strawberry?
    Quote Originally Posted by 90minIPA View Post

Pine Trail June 2013 #2 - YouTube

Coming up on 4 miles completed of a 16 mile loop. Approximately 8 miles of brand new trail and 8 miles of Pine Trail that will be rehabbed. We hope to have most of the new trail complete by September 14th which is the Fire On The Rim race weekend.. of which I'm sure you are all signed up for. All the money goes to trail development. Check out the "Pine Strawberry Fuel Reduction" website for upcoming trail work events. We could use some new blood. A side note..... trail 608 has been approved by the forest service as a dedicated downhill trail with multiple lines of difficulty etc. Builders must use natural materials found on site to build trail... we need someone to spearhead this project. Trail 608 connects to new "Bearfoot Trail". Trail 608 could also be shuttled when complete... If interested in this project please contact Mike or Janet Brandt through the Fuel Reduction or Fire On The Rim websites.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Re: New Trail coming to Pine "Bearfoot Trail"

Trailheads will not be put in until trail is completed. By race day September 14th we should have approximately 5 to 6 miles of trail built. there are a number of access points if you do a short bushwack 200 to 300 feet. Just north of strawberry hollow on the east side of the road you will find a jeep trail that goes to a Powerline Road. if you continue up the hill bushwhacking bisecting the road you will meet up with the trail . just over 3 miles of connected trail built now. Hope this helps otherwise PM me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2