Thread: New Soma Juice

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

New Soma Juice

Well, what's the verdict? Retro or not? This is it for this year's colors on the Juice.
    I'm lovin' it but figured I'd get some of the comical comments out of the way.
    I broke my last Juice and Soma stepped up to the plate with a new one. Thanks Soma.

Meatbomb
    love the color

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    great bike! I have the old color. I still love the old color as well but this color looks sweet too

looks like they still have brake bosses? i got one of the older frames with no bosses

thanks for posting and enjoy

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Yep. Still has the brake bosses. Soma hasn't done a lot to update these frames. There's a new gusset and more fork clearance, but removing the rear wheel still requires that you remove one of the caliper bolts. Oh well.
    It's a great riding frame and still remains somewhat of an anomaly.
    I have a steel Double Cross also that is really nice. Great frame for the buck.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    That there is a nice lookin ride...

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    looks like this color

Rhino
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedlin' Slow
    Yep. Still has the brake bosses. Soma hasn't done a lot to update these frames. There's a new gusset and more fork clearance, but removing the rear wheel still requires that you remove one of the caliper bolts. Oh well.
    It's a great riding frame and still remains somewhat of an anomaly.
    I have a steel Double Cross also that is really nice. Great frame for the buck.
    How much clearance issue is there between the caliper and rotor to get the rear wheel off? Are we talking 1mm, 2mm, 10mm? Thx.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    The rearward caliper bolt needs to be removed and then the caliper is rotated up about 4 or 5 mm for the wheel to come off. Probably a big deal if you are a racer or have lots of flats but I don't mind too much.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    That's all sorts of gorgeous! Congrats on the new ride!