Death? Taxes? So ride!

New ride, Pivot Mach 5

Just got it last night and I've been riding it a bit and tinkering some today as a pre-fight check for her first serious outing tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

banned
    Great looking bike. I've been eyeballing one of those. Give us a complete write up in a week or two on the linkage please.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    You'll love its climbing prowess and the bottomless feel to the suspension, If set up properly.
    No need for the propedal at all, except the road to the trail.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Say, isn't that

A DW-linked Motolite?

Death? Taxes? So ride!
    Hey Joe! I assume you're the Joe I know ... ... Long time no see! In case you don't know who I am, Evers and the boys always called me English Steve. How's yours treating you? I read Chris recommends the shock be setup with 30% sag, which still means quite a bit of air for my fat ass. I'd love to pick your brain on the setup.

It does have some of the looks of a Motolite with the tall seat tube and brace, the short headtube and the size and angle of the top tube. It's no bad thing, the motolite is a good looking bike and worked really well.

-Steve

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenPHX
    Hey Joe! I assume you're the Joe I know ... ... Long time no see! In case you don't know who I am, Evers and the boys always called me English Steve. How's yours treating you? I read Chris recommends the shock be setup with 30% sag, which still means quite a bit of air for my fat ass. I'd love to pick your brain on the setup.

It does have some of the looks of a Motolite with the tall seat tube and brace, the short headtube and the size and angle of the top tube. It's no bad thing, the motolite is a good looking bike and worked really well.

-Steve

30% is equal to about 5/8 of an inch on that shock/stroke.
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

Death? Taxes? So ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by midget
    30% is equal to about 5/8 of an inch on that shock/stroke.
    In this thread, Chris says something similar. Well, he says .675" but that's pretty close and we're not building a space shuttle here ...

http://forums.mtbr.com/custom-builders-other-manufacturers/pivot-mach-5-random-tidbits-373115.html#post4110300

mtbr member
    yea we will let chris build those space shuttle dohickeys.......enjoy the ride man.
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by General Havoc
    A DW-linked Motolite?
    In looks, yes. The ride is amazing when set up properly!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Don't get me wrong

I can see that bike has a RP3 rear shock, Fox front fork, XT cranks, Thompson seat post, sram parts, nice wheels etc. Overall a fanfreakingtastic ride.

I was only making reference to the former owner of titus bikes Chris Corialias(sp) new effort with Pivot bikes and him changing from the FSR(which titus used) to the DW-link and how the two bikes look "somewhat" the same in design (shock placement, bracing)

I do understand the FSR and DW-Link will ride very different and both very good bikes.

I was commenting on the fact that they are the same, but different.

that should make it as clear as mud

Death? Taxes? So ride!
    Thanks a lot for your comments, it's a very very handsome bike. According to a friend, looks better in the flesh than the pics. For the record, It actually has a RP23 shock which they all come with.

-Steve

mtbr member

Can you share approx weight

Hi Steve:

Wondering if you have an approx weight on your Mach 5 build. Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    The wheels are awfully small.

Sup?

Niiiice!

Excellent ! Looking good. Now go out and get some AZ
    pinstriping on it before it gets too hot to ride