Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5

    New phoenix downhill rider GT iT1

    Hey everyone I just started getting back into downhill riding,I bought a newly used gt iT1 and was just trying to figure out some proceedures and rides and what not here in phoenix or around here. I hit up south mountain and it was alot of fun but would be awesome with a shuttle. I've heard a couple things on shuttles but unsure when and where n what not?
    Last edited by fastfred125; 01-29-2009 at 06:09 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kortface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    328
    The short bus is running this saturday, check the sticky.


    .
    Eating meat is murder, yummy yummy murder!!

  3. #3
    Shred...it's the new drug
    Reputation: latedropbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,843
    check our weds. and friday weekday shuttle threads. everyone is welcome to join for some empty trail fun.

  4. #4
    Downhill Spokesmodel
    Reputation: ShortBusJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    543

    Welcome!

    Consider this to be a personal invitation to come out and ride the ShortBus this Saturday.
    We will start at 9am at the closed stables, just outside the park entrance on Central, across from "Scorpion Gulch". All donations are going to benefit Brent Thomson, the creator of the Bootleg Canyon Trails in Boulder City, NV. Brent is recovering from his second quadruple bypass and has no health insurance with his position as Boulder City's "Trail Master".
    If you have never been to Bootleg, it is on the must ride list of every downhiller on the planet. BTW there is a race on President's weekend next month (Feb. 14-15) and new riders are always welcome.
    Again, welcome to the Arizona DH scene.
    Hope to see you soon.
    James.
    Now I DRIVE the short bus!!


    Help increase ShortBus' rep

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    211

    I will be visiting to ride 2/7 thru 2/11, will the bus drive

    each day or only Saturday? What are the hours of operation.? Are there other options for shuttling Sunday Monday and or Tuesday? I assume that there are cross country lines to take down SoMo just like you could take down Porcupine Rim in Moab I am looking to join other riders for a slower xc type vision of Phoenix trails. Do not mind a technical cross country type trail but am more interested in a place with beautiful views and is somewhat peaceful. Which trails in the Phoenix area would you recommend? thanks

  6. #6
    sixsixtysix
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred125
    Hey everyone I just started getting back into downhill riding,I bought a newly used gt iT1 and was just trying to figure out some proceedures and rides and what not here in phoenix or around here. I hit up south mountain and it was alot of fun but would be awesome with a shuttle. I've heard a couple things on shuttles but unsure when and where n what not?

    Uh Oh, the IT1 lives? Kavu's old IT1 is going to be back on the hill?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred125
    Hey everyone I just started getting back into downhill riding,I bought a newly used gt iT1 and was just trying to figure out some proceedures and rides and what not here in phoenix or around here. I hit up south mountain and it was alot of fun but would be awesome with a shuttle. I've heard a couple things on shuttles but unsure when and where n what not?
    Hey man, how's the bike? Have you had a chance to ride it yet?

    Glad to see you found the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusJames
    Consider this to be a personal invitation to come out and ride the ShortBus this Saturday.
    We will start at 9am at the closed stables, just outside the park entrance on Central, across from "Scorpion Gulch". All donations are going to benefit Brent Thomson, the creator of the Bootleg Canyon Trails in Boulder City, NV. Brent is recovering from his second quadruple bypass and has no health insurance with his position as Boulder City's "Trail Master".
    If you have never been to Bootleg, it is on the must ride list of every downhiller on the planet. BTW there is a race on President's weekend next month (Feb. 14-15) and new riders are always welcome.
    Again, welcome to the Arizona DH scene.
    Hope to see you soon.
    James.
    I unfortunetly can't make it out this weekend going to be out of town but def going to be hittin the scene soon i'll be lookin forward to meeting the new short bus rider!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Uh Oh, the IT1 lives? Kavu's old IT1 is going to be back on the hill?
    oh ya and hopefully faster than ever I love dh just finally could afford another bike my old santa cruz, vp free got stolen a couple years back when I first moved to phoenix to go to college so i never got to hit any trails up here with it. So far I like the way the iT1 handles and what not. Im pretty sure the guy's name i got the iT1 off of is eric sutter?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    Hey man, how's the bike? Have you had a chance to ride it yet?

    Glad to see you found the board.
    hell ya so far so good all except one night I was doin some urban and my pants some how got in between that plastic and didn't want to rip it off so I fell over lol ne ways I've allready hit some jumps and drops at least the ones I can find, and have hit so.mtn once from like the very top spot you could go not sure which lookout it is though? So are you still riding?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •