mtbr member
    Sep 2013

New Mountain Bike activist group in Tucson. TORCA!!!!

A big hello from the newly formed Tucson Off-Road cyclists and activists (TORCA)! We are a non-Profit organization dedicated to promoting the All-Mountain and Downhill segment of Mountain Biking. Our organization has grown out of a need to help maintain the many number of deteriorating trails in and around Tucson. We, along with other organizations, take ownership of the hundreds of miles of trails that Tucson has to offer and hope you will join us in our efforts. Along with actively helping maintain trails, we hope to restore a sense of community and social camaraderie among mountain bikers here in the Old Pueblo. Our Board of Directors is as diverse as the trails are here In Tucson and while our focus is the AM/DH demographic of riders, we represent Mountain Biking as a whole. From single speeders to the “Send it” crowd, we welcome all comers. It is our sincere hope that the mountain bike community will take a look at the culture we are creating and become an active participant in what we are doing. The list of work that needs to be done on Tucson trails is long and tremendously daunting and Tucson could use your help. So come join us on any one of our events. We look forward to meeting you and laying down some tread together!

We have many goals set for the coming year including monthly trail maintenance days, weekly and monthly social rides, and special events (Movie Screenings and races). All of this can be found on our new Facebook page at
    https://www.facebook.com/TucsonTORCA[/and at tmtb.com. Please "like" us on Facebook and please share with anyone you think would like to hear about us! Some of the cool events we have coming up include:
    • September 28th - Prison Camp Trail day and brushing party. Grab some loppers and help us clear all of this monsoon’s bounty.
    • October 12- Our inaugural TORCA Poker Run down Bug Springs and Prison Camp trails. Great prizes given away for the best hand. Free Sonoran Hot Dogs by Chef “Crash” Strunkington. BYOB
    • November 21st- A double feature movie premiere of Anthill Films’ “The Arrival” and “Not bad” at Risky Business on Broadway and Craycroft. We will be giving away a trip to Angelfire Bike Park and other cool swag. (Tickets sold at the door. Free to TORCA members)
    • In addition, be sure to look out for our membership/raffle drive for a chance to win a trip to Whistler Mountain Bike Park, Angel fire Bike Bark, or a ride in Strunk Brothers Racing 600HP Trophy Truck and other great prizes!
    • Look for our easy-up at the above mentioned events as well as the GABA Bike Swap November 16 to become a member(Website TORCA.org with link to paypal coming soon!)

For more information on events, membership, or anything else TORCA related, please reach out to the TORCA Officers below via email . Thanks in advance for your support!

TORCA President Art Alcantara aalcantara@prometheuslabs.com
    TORCA Vice President Vernie Aikins vernieaikins@gmail.com

dirt visionary
    Right on Art! Bout time the heads down there have been swayed a bit. I know its hard with all the sierra club peps you guys have to deal with on lemmon and surrounding areas.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Pivotal figure
    Very cool!
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Plus size jersey model
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Right on Art! Bout time the heads down there have been swayed a bit. I know its hard with all the sierra club peps you guys have to deal with on lemmon and surrounding areas.
    Just wait till I show my grandma how to use the internet and she see's you are dissing her SC homies.

Thanks Art happy to be throwing my hat into the ring with you on this one.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Awesome! Would love to join in on one of your trail days/ride days. Been in AZ 20 years today and I've yet to experience the Tucson Gnar...

Here's clickable link to your facbook page... https://www.facebook.com/TucsonTORCA

Love how there are more organizations stepping up and demanding trails for what we love to do!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    So stoked to see this! I am a freshman at the U of A and ive bee itching to catch some gnar here! I broke my collarbone at sunrise two weeks ago so I will be out of commission for a while. But as soon as I'm healthy I'll do my best to be as active as possible. I look forward to seeing you all soon!

suvlako
    Thanks Guys! LDB, we are doing a Poker Run in October. Should be an awesome time to come down and sample some of Tucson's finest. Grab a crew and come on down. We can show you around for the weekend.

@Byronious, heal up soon man. See you out on the trail!