A big hello from the newly formed Tucson Off-Road cyclists and activists (TORCA)! We are a non-Profit organization dedicated to promoting the All-Mountain and Downhill segment of Mountain Biking. Our organization has grown out of a need to help maintain the many number of deteriorating trails in and around Tucson. We, along with other organizations, take ownership of the hundreds of miles of trails that Tucson has to offer and hope you will join us in our efforts. Along with actively helping maintain trails, we hope to restore a sense of community and social camaraderie among mountain bikers here in the Old Pueblo. Our Board of Directors is as diverse as the trails are here In Tucson and while our focus is the AM/DH demographic of riders, we represent Mountain Biking as a whole. From single speeders to the “Send it” crowd, we welcome all comers. It is our sincere hope that the mountain bike community will take a look at the culture we are creating and become an active participant in what we are doing. The list of work that needs to be done on Tucson trails is long and tremendously daunting and Tucson could use your help. So come join us on any one of our events. We look forward to meeting you and laying down some tread together!
We have many goals set for the coming year including monthly trail maintenance days, weekly and monthly social rides, and special events (Movie Screenings and races). All of this can be found on our new Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TucsonTORCA[/and at tmtb.com. Please "like" us on Facebook and please share with anyone you think would like to hear about us! Some of the cool events we have coming up include:
- September 28th - Prison Camp Trail day and brushing party. Grab some loppers and help us clear all of this monsoon’s bounty.
- October 12- Our inaugural TORCA Poker Run down Bug Springs and Prison Camp trails. Great prizes given away for the best hand. Free Sonoran Hot Dogs by Chef “Crash” Strunkington. BYOB
- November 21st- A double feature movie premiere of Anthill Films’ “The Arrival” and “Not bad” at Risky Business on Broadway and Craycroft. We will be giving away a trip to Angelfire Bike Park and other cool swag. (Tickets sold at the door. Free to TORCA members)
- In addition, be sure to look out for our membership/raffle drive for a chance to win a trip to Whistler Mountain Bike Park, Angel fire Bike Bark, or a ride in Strunk Brothers Racing 600HP Trophy Truck and other great prizes!
- Look for our easy-up at the above mentioned events as well as the GABA Bike Swap November 16 to become a member(Website TORCA.org with link to paypal coming soon!)
For more information on events, membership, or anything else TORCA related, please reach out to the TORCA Officers below via email . Thanks in advance for your support!
TORCA President Art Alcantara firstname.lastname@example.org
TORCA Vice President Vernie Aikins email@example.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7