Thread: New bike

AKA shitbird

New bike

Got a new bike today because Old Pueblo is coming up in a few days and I'm really tired of hauling my 6" travel bike through 24 hour courses and Pwrtrainer talked me into entering the Estrella race in a couple weeks so what the hell. Bigger bike to come next but I don't know when (crosses fingers).

BTW: This does not mean that I am becoming an XC geek like Pwrranger over there.

07 Specialized Epic expert

Epic 1_rs.jpg

epic2_rs.jpg

epic3_rs.jpg
    JRA

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    have i told you today that i hate you?!!!
    nice ride, now if only the engine could get an overhaul.....

mtbr member
    Sweet!

Low speed, High Drag
    Nice bike. I was just over at SoMo cycles, on sunday looking at some Specialized bikes. Since I've already got a 29er SS, and a 6" bike, I might have to get me a nice XC, too.

What, who, me?
    Jul 2006

SWEET Ride!

Estrella is a rough ride, dial your Epic in to be a little squishy you'll be happy at the end of the ride.

Mike

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Nice, the brain technology on that thing is sweet. I'm still diggin my Stumpy that I picked up last year but that Epic is pure racer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Sweet ride. I've had my '07 Epic Expert for about 2 weeks now and love it. Plus, I was able to swing the Mango color "only available" on the test rides. Have fun!

Emile

more beers, lees gears.
    i too love my epic. Amazing bikes for just about anything in the valley. I dont know if could handle National, but anything else is fine.

I too came from a 5.5" travel bike to my epic. I will never go back.

AKA shitbird
    Still haven't ridden this thing, maybe tonight. damn Valentines Day

Quote Originally Posted by mattKHS
    i too love my epic. Amazing bikes for just about anything in the valley. I dont know if could handle National, but anything else is fine.
    I'll let you know how it handles National soon enough, my "regular" bike (Ells Moment) is sitting at home with a blown fork. I think most trails around here can be ridden on pretty much anything, it just depends on how fast/hard you want to ride them.

I don't think I'll be taking the epic down anything like Goat Camp or Holbert though, I'd be asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by mattKHS
    I too came from a 5.5" travel bike to my epic. I will never go back.
    Glad to hear you like it so much, BUT yeah I'll go back.
    JRA

Not a Barry supporter.
    Congrats! I'm not a huge Specialized fan but I've always liked the Epic. It's the one Specialized I'd really consider buying. I think it would make the perfect 29er. And I've heard those sucka's are fast. Good luck this weekend.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Legend in my own mind

Epic Marathon

I have the Marathon and I really enjoy it. I use it for XC racing but I like to AM with it also. I have used it on Milagrosa and National (just dial it in for a softer ride) and I think it works great. Stiffen it up for racing or less technical trails. I feel it is a very good multipurpose bike. Hope it works well for you.
    The older I get the faster I was . . .