dirt visionary

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Need more stoke !

Hey folks can I ask a small favor I have been working my arse off working 2 full time jobs. So in short I have been demoted to weekend warrior and usually get one day to ride if I am lucky. Good news is I am making money bad news is I am not getting enough stoke on our forum during the week to keep me going So please oh please fill the pages of the arizona forum with stoke and plenty of it .

Want rep post stoke !

Thx
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    hey CW; hope you'll be available for some ridin with me; even if it has to be wknds. TS

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    tho it might not be of interest to many in Az; I took my Transition Bandit 29 on Iron Mountain at Merritt BC on Sunday; rode the gnar, and the bike loved it. I hung on for my dear life alot; B29 just kept saying 'Harder, Faster,old man!
    Oh to be young again!
    TS

Go Speed Racer
    I feel your pain. My wife was in the hospital all last week, and is home recovering now. We have 2 year old twins and a 7 year old daughter. So I guess you could say I am working two full time jobs also (my regular job as a programmer, and now Mr. Mom). This too has all but turned me into a weekend warrior. I was able to get out yesterday afternoon during peak heat, and I felt guilty getting someone to watch the kids while I rode. Hopefully she will be back up to speed soon and I can get back to riding 3-4 times a week.

Go Speed Racer
    Also, drunkcyclist just posted this: Lake Powell fatbike foolin on Vimeo (thought you may enjoy)

My other ride is your mom
    I've found I have more fun on rides when I stop and take pictures, start to collect ideas about what I might tell a story about, etc.....the rides where I just go and go and go....not so much. And by default...my favorite posts to review are those with stories and or pictures.

MOAR STOKE!!!!!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    +1 on the ride & take pics!! Taking in the scenery while out and about is where it's at.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer View Post
    I've found I have more fun on rides when I stop and take pictures, start to collect ideas about what I might tell a story about, etc.....the rides where I just go and go and go....not so much. And by default...my favorite posts to review are those with stories and or pictures.

MOAR STOKE!!!!!
    I've found i have more fun on rides when I stop and let you take pictures too. My FB profile would be bereft otherwise.

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Hey folks can I ask a small favor .....So please oh please fill the pages of the arizona forum with stoke and plenty of it ......Want rep post stoke !

Thx
    Hey Mr. clockwork,

I'm happy to hear about you making money and sorry to hear about the loss of riding opportunity for you!

I know I got a ton of stoke from your early posts about creating jumps in the freeride area close to you. Those posts were the first I saw from you.

I'm older than dirt so I'm happy to be able to share the following shots with you even though they aren't much. I know I was stoked when I successfully completed the drops!

They're both from Northstar Bike Park near Truckee, CA.

Big Daddy Drop on Boondocks Trail:
    Need more stoke !-michael-big-daddy-cropped-mtbr.jpg

Pho Dog Drop. I know the image quality isn't very good but I do like the effect of jumping into my shadow:
    Need more stoke !-northstar-pho-dog-drop-snead-cropped-mtbr.jpg

Thanks again for sharing all the great pictures you've taken over the years!

Take care,

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

mtbr member
    Back yard stoke!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need more stoke !-img_1214_opt.jpg  

Need more stoke !-img_1220_opt.jpg  

dirt visionary
    Thanks folks . And thanks for the stoke !

dirt visionary
    Cool vids thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Repeat but unfortunately I haven't had the time this summer to put together a vid.

Flagstaff Summer 2011 footy - YouTube

No Clue Crew
    That was an awesome compilation of Flag trails. I recognized a lot but some I didn't. I thought I heard someone say that gap jump (0:45) on (Flying Fish or Double Eagle) had been closed. Or maybe the whole trail?

That was a great commercial for what Flag has to offer.

blet drive
    good video bmike
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

The .05 percent
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    That was an awesome compilation of Flag trails. I recognized a lot but some I didn't. I thought I heard someone say that gap jump (0:45) on (Flying Fish or Double Eagle) had been closed. Or maybe the whole trail?

That was a great commercial for what Flag has to offer.
    Yup, flyin fish is gone. Was never s good idea to have built features on that trail as it was so close to Snowbowl road. Trail was a perfect example of poorly built features that did not fit the speed of the trail. Better things to come...
    29'ers are the scientologists of the MTB world

mtbr member
    I know there's a lot of bullsh*t Sedrama going on, but honestly, the first time I saw Sedona, I understood that the drama was justified.