Low speed, High Drag

Need knee protection - Ideas?

I need some knee protection, and hopefully you guys can help me out.

I'd like to get something that could used at Hawes, for example, for a couple hours of riding. I can't miss any more work, and after I missed a week from tearing my knee half way off, last November, I'm thinking some knee protection might be a good idea.

Also, if you've seen any good deals locally, let me know, so I can at least try 'em on, before I buy 'em.

Thanks, Kevin.

mtbr member
    661 makes a couple of light weight knee pads. for xc riding like hawes check out the veggie wrap and the tomcat.

cactus bike sells 661 but i don't recall if they carry either of those.

Low speed, High Drag
    Thanks 'size. I need 'em mostly, for coming down the mine trail, and stuff like that. I have a feeling, once I get out on my 6" bike, I'm gonna need some protection. When I crash, I crash big, and lately have been needing stitches.

mtbr member
    if you want something a little more burly and aren't necessarily going to be riding up with them, the kyle strait model has a ton of protection and really aren't bad to pedal in considering.

Low speed, High Drag
    I'll check 'em out. I'd really like something I could ride in, but since I'm a slow climber anyways, I could always put 'em on before I started down.