Hikers=SHlT
    May 2007

National west of Telegraph pass?

I wanna ride the trail just west of Telegraph pass that follows the ridge of the mountains right above the ahwatukee foothills area. Does anybody have a map of that trail and any idea of where it ends? I tried to follow it on google earth, but it appears as if it stops in the middle of the damn desert near a shack.

Speaking of that shack, does anybody know anything about the guy that lives in the far west portion of somo? It looks like a small trailer on the map. The reason I ask is because my brother rode through that area a while back and the fvcker shot at him. The trail looks like it ends right around that guys property.

mtbr member
    I have taken that part of the National but came back down on the Ranger (I think) Trail.
    The only map I've seen is on the City of Phx website. It's not on the quad map.
    The climb from Telegraph Pass to the picnic table is a hike-a-bike for me.
    "I don't suffer from insanity!I rather enjoy it."

Hikers=SHlT
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelbender6
    I have taken that part of the National but came back down on the Ranger (I think) Trail.
    The only map I've seen is on the City of Phx website. It's not on the quad map.
    The climb from Telegraph Pass to the picnic table is a hike-a-bike for me.
    Those are by far the best maps I've seen for the area. Thank you!

I'm going to head west and then drop down the mine trail. My house is right down the street from that area anyway.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by StabMasta
    Those are by far the best maps I've seen for the area. Thank you!

Thanks goes to Epicrider on this site. From those links you can drill backwards and find maps for all over AZ.

EDIT: I thought you were talking to me..........never mind, haha.

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    I rode that before things got too hot (well it was too hot for me but I am pretty sure my brother was trying to kill me) (went up Hobert down National until it hit San Juan Road). It's a good ride with some pretty tech sections (I walked a few spots but then again I am no DH nor skilled), however all of it is ridable and pretty fun. Take PLENTY of water, there is not much as far as signs of life out there.

Don't recall a shack?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by StabMasta
    Speaking of that shack, does anybody know anything about the guy that lives in the far west portion of somo? It looks like a small trailer on the map. The reason I ask is because my brother rode through that area a while back and the fvcker shot at him. The trail looks like it ends right around that guys property.

The shack area you saw on google earth is the "tweaker village". Its hard to get to from natty but there is a trail that starts on the south side of the mountain and ends there. I don't think anyone lives there any more as most of the stuff is burned to the ground, but there's still signs that warn of booby traps and such, would not want to be there at night!!

Eating meat is murder, yummy yummy murder!!

Hikers=SHlT
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eatdrinkride

Thanks goes to Epicrider on this site. From those links you can drill backwards and find maps for all over AZ.

EDIT: I thought you were talking to me..........never mind, haha.
    No, I meant to quote you but I was in a hurry to go riding. My bad

Members who have read this thread: 0