AKA shitbird

National night ride 2/1

Anyone interested in doing Up National to BV and back, maybe hitting Javelina on the way back down. I'll plan on tommorrow around 6-6:30ish, little bit earlier/later works too.

Somebody

Anybody

Something always creeps me out about somo at night when alone. I get skeered.
    JRA

AKA shitbird
    Nobody interested at all? National is twice the fun at night.
    Where's the love?
    JRA

I am Bob
    so... did you go? how was National in that moon light? In a couple more months I'll have an HID. I'll join you then. Damn my cycling hobby is expensive.

AKA shitbird
    Yeah, I went last night. The moon actually lit the place up pretty well. Started riding about 6:45. On my way up the fireroad there seemed to be quite a few people riding Javelina and the other trails north of the parking lot, not a soul on Mormon or National though (decided to ride up Mormon instead of National this time). Get a light and come out, it's great at night and definitely a different trail than in the daytime.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    when is your next night ride? me and my bud have gone there a couple of times at night but didnt last very long due to the fact that we had no lights (but the moon was very bright) and the cyotes were all over the place (your right it is a pretty creepy place at night) we are getting lights this weekend and wanted to head back out there. is there anyone else wanting to go?

President Skroob
    Jan 2006
    I will be at DC tonight around 7pm. Unfortunately that is the earliest I can go because of work commute and since it's late I am limited to just a tank and back run. Gets me home for dinner by 8pm. Some riding is better than no riding.

AKA shitbird
    Quote Originally Posted by akuria
    when is your next night ride? me and my bud have gone there a couple of times at night but didnt last very long due to the fact that we had no lights (but the moon was very bright) and the cyotes were all over the place (your right it is a pretty creepy place at night) we are getting lights this weekend and wanted to head back out there. is there anyone else wanting to go?

I'll be hitting National up Monday night along with Chollaball. Exact time TBD. You and your buds should join us.
    JRA

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eabos
    I'll be hitting National up Monday night along with Chollaball. Exact time TBD. You and your buds should join us.
    sounds good. ill let them know.

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by akuria
    sounds good. ill let them know.
    right on...i'm psyched.
    fwiw, you might want to take a spin on an easier trail w. your gear beforehand and get any kinks worked out, and get a taste if you havent done night rides. It takes a little getting used to.