Thread: Name that Trail

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Name that Trail

I am visiting Arizona in a few weeks and have been looking for trails to ride. I found this video on youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww4MCbWM8iA

Does anyone know the name of the trail? Any other information you could give me regarding the trail would be helpful, thanks.

pedaller
    National Trail, Geronimo and some other bits thrown in.
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

workin' it Administrator
    I must get there to ride. That looks über fun.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher
    Second best trail system in the city...after PMP of course.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

"No Clue Crew"
    I'll be on that trail tomorrow .............Drew

workin' it Administrator
    man if only i didn't have a pregnant wife, yard sale this weekend, no money and a ton of work to do I would be there. Now.

of course I would also have a pony.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsoul
    I am visiting Arizona in a few weeks and have been looking for trails to ride. I found this video on youtube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww4MCbWM8iA

Does anyone know the name of the trail? Any other information you could give me regarding the trail would be helpful, thanks.
    I'm guessing that's the XCish way to ride them. I've seen the DH videos of those same trails......

"No Clue Crew"
    man if only i didn't have a pregnant wife, yard sale this weekend, no money and a no money I would be there. Now.

pregnant wife ------- CHECK

yard sale this weekend -------- NO CHECK (craigslist)

no money ------- CHECK

no money ------- CHECK

And I'll be out there in the AM

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I would call the AM more than XC. I only watched about 3 minutes of it. There was a lot of Nation trail on there. Very fun to ride. Start on the East side of the mountain at the Pima Canyon entrance going West on the trail till you want to turn around if you are doing National. Lots of people out there when the weather gets nicer.

How much further ???
    man if only i didn't have a pregnant wife, yard sale this weekend, no money and a ton of work to do I would be there. Now.

If you think having a preggers wife holds you back wait until the kid shows up. Dont ask me how I know.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1
    If you think having a preggers wife holds you back wait until the kid shows up. Dont ask me how I know.
    LOL......... I'm looking forward to it.

mtbr member

YOLO= You Only Live Once
    Get out there & ride cause when the baby comes you wont be able to do squat...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ojunkie
    I would call the AM more than XC. I only watched about 3 minutes of it. There was a lot of Nation trail on there. Very fun to ride. Start on the East side of the mountain at the Pima Canyon entrance going West on the trail till you want to turn around if you are doing National. Lots of people out there when the weather gets nicer.
    It's more FR actually.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

I'm with stupid -------->
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1
    One is doable, two is a whole nother story.....

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the info. Do they have trail markers for each of the trails? If I am wanting to make a loop out of the National trail, which trails do you recommend taking? Would it be best to take the Mormon trail up? Is there a way to shuttle this trail, if so how would I do so?

What are the PMP trails referred to above, and which trails do you recommend? I'll be riding a 4 inch XC bike. I enjoy technical trails with both uphill and downhill but would like to stay away from huge drops. Are there any shuttle trails you would recommend near the Phoenix area?

I've tried to go through the stickies but still need a few bits of information. Thanks again for all your help.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsoul
    Thanks for the info. Do they have trail markers for each of the trails? If I am wanting to make a loop out of the National trail, which trails do you recommend taking? Would it be best to take the Mormon trail up? Is there a way to shuttle this trail, if so how would I do so?

What are the PMP trails referred to above, and which trails do you recommend? I'll be riding a 4 inch XC bike. I enjoy technical trails with both uphill and downhill but would like to stay away from huge drops. Are there any shuttle trails you would recommend near the Phoenix area?

I've tried to go through the stickies but still need a few bits of information. Thanks again for all your help.
    check out the wed. morning shuttle thread for info on shuttlin' these trails. If you're gonna be in town on a wed. get on the bus We mostly ride big bikes but we've shuttled with them all. XC rigs, AM, 29r hardtails, etc. Plus after your run you can cool down in the van with an otter pop!!!!

As for shuttle trails, somo is the really the only one in town. But you can shuttle hawes and there's a bunch of trails out of town i.e. sixshooter, mingus, flagstaff. Hope this helps!