Thread: My new ride.

!@#$%&!

My new ride.

So first I want to thank MTBR for getting me hooked on downhill.

I finally found a deal I couldn't pass up and got my very own gravity sled. I'm stoked. It's a bit old technology but it's new to me and I think it's gonna serve me well. Let me know what you think. (don't be too mean if you don't like the bike)

I also got a nice full face helmet and leg and arm guards.

Kathleen in AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by zukicidal
    So first I want to thank MTBR for getting me hooked on downhill.

I finally found a deal I couldn't pass up and got my very own gravity sled. I'm stoked. It's a bit old technology but it's new to me and I think it's gonna serve me well. Let me know what you think. (don't be too mean if you don't like the bike)

I also got a nice full face helmet and leg and arm guards.

Lose the tire pump and about 2" on the seatpost and enjoy!!

suvlako
    Nice man. Nice to see more people getting into graviy riding. I still love that bike. remember seeing Berrecloth riding one in the first "collective" vid and wanted one so bad! Congrats dude!

!@#$%&!
    Tire pump gone, check. Seatpost down, check! I've been tinkering with it and it's good to go. I think the smaller rear tire is really cool, but now I'm finding out it's not easy to find a replacement. So far I've found one at JensonUSA but that's it. Anybody know where to find 24 inch MTB tires?

mtbr member
    Tire pump gone, check. Seatpost down, check! I've been tinkering with it and it's good to go. I think the smaller rear tire is really cool, but now I'm finding out it's not easy to find a replacement. So far I've found one at JensonUSA but that's it. Anybody know where to find 24 inch MTB tires?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/C...CategoryID=739

I recommend the Maxxis High Roller.

Sick ride. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

!@#$%&!
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/C...CategoryID=739

I recommend the Maxxis High Roller.

Sick ride. Enjoy.
    Thanks for the link! Looks like they are overseas though and shipping is expensive.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    I'd love to have a sled like that to keep up with the DH'ers here. Hit somo a few times with them and I was sure my frame was going to break in half trying to keep up with them, which I didn't. Looks real good. Nice buy. I went the other direction and just got a monocog.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

A Huckin' Hypocrite

Shipping

It's about 24 for shipping... I've bought from them before and didnt think shipping was to bad. Or put enough together to get the free shipping Somebody was posting on here the other day about ordering some bars and looking for others to join his order so he could score free shipping.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.
    Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

Alive and Lurkin'
    Nice rig!

Do I hear Mingus calling your name?
    Pumpin & Pimpin

!@#$%&!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    Nice rig!

Do I hear Mingus calling your name?
    Oh hell yeah!

dirt visionary
    Hey thats my old big hit. Was it a younger guy that had it ?Still has all the orginal parts
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

"No Clue Crew"
    Very Nice ! I expect to see it bombing past me tomorrow morning !

mtbr member
    Thanks for the link! Looks like they are overseas though and shipping is expensive.
    Not expensive at all.
    Prices are usually cheaper, as Kymmster said, shipping isn't bad, so it all evens out.
    Plus, good luck finding many online shops still carrying 24" DH tires over here.

I've ordered from them before, a few times, no problem. Shipping is fast too.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

Team Tortuga
    Very Nice Bobby!

Eroding into the trail

@zukicidal

Check out this link for 24 in. tires/tubes.
    http://www.bikebling.com/Kenda-Neveg...h-24sticke.htm

There are many online sources for 24/26/29 in. tires/tubes, just use your computer to search. I have a tremendous list of sources just from research.

BTW I have purchased from bikebling.com many times, good people/good prices.

dirt visionary
    better yet track down the upgraded link which will iincrease travel and allow you to run a 26" rear wheel

Also here is a pic of it when I had it .

Last edited by clockwork; 08-01-2010 at 12:17 PM.

!@#$%&!
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    better yet track down the upgraded link which will iincrease travel and allow you to run a 26" rear wheel

Also here is a pic of it when I had it .

That's cool Clockwork, small world. I REALLY like it! I think it still has the original tires on it. They are a little dry but worked well at Somo today. The derailleur cable broke and the spring popped loose too. Got it fixed by Jeff at Landis and it's ready to rock again. Thanks again Jeff!

dirt visionary
    Yeah I never really used it as I found it too big for me . The guy I bought it from got suckered into dh by his buddies and rode it 3 times at sunrise and that was it. I rode it maybe 15 times or so . By the looks the guy I sold it to didn't ride it vey much either. Good score on your part.

But seriously keep an eye out on ebay on the bike sites to find one of the upgraded links. 26" rear will open up lots of rim and tire choices. Not to mention it will roll over the rocks better.

!@#$%&!
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork
    Yeah I never really used it as I found it too big for me . The guy I bought it from got suckered into dh by his buddies and rode it 3 times at sunrise and that was it. I rode it maybe 15 times or so . By the looks the guy I sold it to didn't ride it vey much either. Good score on your part.

But seriously keep an eye out on ebay on the bike sites to find one of the upgraded links. 26" rear will open up lots of rim and tire choices. Not to mention it will roll over the rocks better.
    There was a kid with us today that had an 07 Big Hit with a 26 inch rear. Is that suspension a bolt on? So far I'm liking the 24 inch rear, just cuz it's different and I noticed it's a bit easier cranking uphill. It feels light and nimble on the trail.