Thread: My Hats off...

banned
    Jun 2011

My Hats off...

My son and I were up in Sedona this week and I want to just give hats off to Pink Jeep Tours in Sedona.

We stopped up at Chicken Point to get some pictures and one of the drivers, took our photo and then asked if we had enough water.

Great Group PJTs and they have always been nice when I ride up there. So I just wanted to point that out. If you folks run into them while riding give them a wave and give their customers a show.

Have a good one.
    ~azm

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Way to pass that on man! Very cool of them to take the time to do that with all of the traffic and random non-customer tourists they see every day.

mtbr member
    Here in Sedona, we see way too many tourists totally unprepared. I keep an extra bottle of water in my camelbak every ride, and give it away just about every ride. It's sad seeing some family from Pennsylvania on a 7 mile hike in full sun and all they bring is a liter of Coke for the whole family. Unfortunately, this is what we see up here every day this time of year!

As far as tour companies go, Pink is the one most likely to go out of your way to offer help. They're a good bunch...
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is youíll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

EDR
    My wife and I actually did a PJ tour a few years ago. Sounds lame I know but the guide + the group we were paired with made it one of the funniest, most memorable days I've ever had. Great group over there IME.

banned
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by woahey View Post
    Here in Sedona, we see way too many tourists totally unprepared. I keep an extra bottle of water in my camelbak every ride, and give it away just about every ride. It's sad seeing some family from Pennsylvania on a 7 mile hike in full sun and all they bring is a liter of Coke for the whole family. Unfortunately, this is what we see up here every day this time of year!

As far as tour companies go, Pink is the one most likely to go out of your way to offer help. They're a good bunch...
    You're awesome. I love riders like you that watch out for others.

Too many negative vibes get tossed out about us riders at times and we are probably the most giving and caring bunch when it comes to helping others out.

Plus you folks in Sedona are Truly genuine when it comes to hospitality and friendliness. I love Sedona and I have always had positive vibes when I go there...

Too bad about Heavenly Bike. Anyone buying them? The crew at Bike and Bean are pretty spot on too. Major Props to them.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzMntBkr1 View Post
    You're awesome. I love riders like you that watch out for others.

Too many negative vibes get tossed out about us riders at times and we are probably the most giving and caring bunch when it comes to helping others out.

Plus you folks in Sedona are Truly genuine when it comes to hospitality and friendliness. I love Sedona and I have always had positive vibes when I go there...

Too bad about Heavenly Bike. Anyone buying them? The crew at Bike and Bean are pretty spot on too. Major Props to them.
    What comes around goes around. I know I'll need a hand one day, and hopefully somebody will help me out. Also, like you said, I dislike the image that we have in the eyes of many people here- I try to prove them wrong every time I get the chance.

Mountain Bike Heaven was on its way out for a while. It's very unfortunate because the people there were good people. I've heard rumors of another shop coming to West Sedona...if I had $60K I'd get one up and running in a heartbeat. Bike and Bean are who gets 99% of my business, even though it couldn't be further from my house. They're great and beyond fair, I've bought two bikes there, get my maintenance done there, and hope to see them in business for a long time too.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is youíll crash.
    - Julie Furtado