Break it, Fix it, Ride it

Mucho Trail Karma...

...goes out to Yeti Chad. I bounced my GPS off my bike on T100 yesterday, and didn't know it for about a half mile. I made the quick U-turn, since I passed some other riders heading the other direction, and wanted to catch them if they picked it up, but ran into Chad first and he asked me if I lost a GPS. "Yes!" I had it back within 10 minutes, but does that suck not having it in hand! I kept thinking of irresponsible credit card purchases and shallow rationalizations to the Training Coordinator. So I'm pushing some karma his way, as he refused the slime tube I offered. More than worth it to me! Thanks!
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

mtbr member
    Thats because slime tubes blow arse lol. Nah nice to get that back for sure!
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Isn't that the second time in a couple of weeks that has happened?? That new chain guide is clearly making you go too fast!!
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Yes it is. Time to start tying it to the bike. I'd hate to have it happen on an AES ride then have to backtrack. Those days are long enough! I've been lucky twice recently. Don't know if I can keep those odds.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

Ahhh the pain....
    It's funny, I have a little tether strap on my etrex30 that I religiously tie to the bars before sliding the gps into the mount. It's never been called upon to do it's job until the other day when I look down and the gps is dangling below the bars from the strap... Disaster averted!
    Your limits are both physical and mental. Suffering will help you find and overcome both.
    http://onegear-ray.blogspot.com/

After Nancy lost her GPS in the McDowells last year i did two things.

Added a small note in the battery compartment with my email address - in case an honest person finds it.

Added reinforcements to the mounting system.

Those things are too damned expensive to lose.

Carnivore
    Good karma comes around again.

I have a big old Garmin 60csx and the standard Garmin bar mount. It has yet to fall off BUT I also have the stupid little wrist strap lanyard on it that I just loop over my bars so that if it does come off it will be dangling and banging on my knee.

Give it a crank
    Make a waypoint at home with your home coordinates, and put your name & phone number in the note field.

HOME - IF FOUND PLEASE CALL MR. NABBIT AT 602-123-4567

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn-Rider View Post
    Make a waypoint at home with your home coordinates, and put your name & phone number in the note field.

HOME - IF FOUND PLEASE CALL MR. NABBIT AT 602-123-4567
    That way if some dishonest person gets it they know where you live and can come and steal your bike an other things from your home
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

Give it a crank
    Quote Originally Posted by tsefreeflow View Post
    That way if some dishonest person gets it they know where you live and can come and steal your bike an other things from your home
    You can put in the coordinates to a nasty neighbor's you'd want to send such dishonest person to.

FREE BEER IF RETURNED IN PERSON AT COORDINATES.