mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Mtb Rentals around Sedona Mid March

My wife and I are going to be in Sedona for a vacation in mid March. I'm looking for a recommended shop or outfitter who rents bikes for the morning or all day. I'm also interested in what the riding conditions are like at that time of year. We arn't looking for anything aggressive, just some nice smooth singletrack with some ups and downs. She has only been offroad once in Banff (gravel fireroad) so nothing extreme.

Any suggestions as to who to go to and what trails to ride would be great.

Thanks,

Jefff

"Yabut"
    See the visitors link, top right corner of the forum.

Bike and Bean (in Sedona) to rent bikes.
    ~Aaron~
    "I like the night life. I like to boogie."

www.CosmicRaces.com

mtbr member

Sedona in March

Jeff, I've been to Sedona a few times in March. The weather can really range, but in general, it'll be warm, sunny, with some snow in the high places (maybe). I ran into trouble one year trying to cross Oak Creek after a hot day filled that sucker with snow run-off. That's a long story... All-and-all, the trails will be bone dry.

I've had great mechanical work done at Mt. Bike Heaven. It's right in Sedona vs. driving to Bike and Bean, but both shops were great to us (Bike and Bean has great espresso if you need a fix). Both rent cycles.

Don't worry about trail finding. Both shops will have Sedona maps. It's quite easy to get around Sedona trails by map. Lots of tech riding due to the amount of rock, so heed the trail ratings if you're looking for moderate rides. My wife spent a day at the Sedona dentist after wacking her face on some red rock.

Most importantly, there is a restaurant across from Mt. Bike Heaven that has about a million different types of omletts. Don't forget your protein!

Have a good trip and wave to the people in the Pink Jeeps...

Quote Originally Posted by Jefff
    My wife and I are going to be in Sedona for a vacation in mid March. I'm looking for a recommended shop or outfitter who rents bikes for the morning or all day. I'm also interested in what the riding conditions are like at that time of year. We arn't looking for anything aggressive, just some nice smooth singletrack with some ups and downs. She has only been offroad once in Banff (gravel fireroad) so nothing extreme.

Any suggestions as to who to go to and what trails to ride would be great.

Thanks,

Jefff
    Last edited by VT_SNGLTRK; 02-15-2007 at 05:23 AM.

Over the Hill
    The easiest trail in Sedona is Bell Rock Pathway and is right accoss the street from Bike and Bean. I think all the bike shops in Sedona/Oak Creek Village rent bikes but some of Sedona trails would not be right for someone new.

Dean