Skinny legged XC geek

MTB article in AZ Highways - with PaulB et al

Paul B, Bruce Leadbetter and Jason Dwyer all made the current issue of Arizona Highways in an article about the annual ride from Flagstaff to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, resurrecting a club ride from the 1890's!!!

AZ Highways is always slow from research to publication, this 3 day ride happened in mid 2003.

Paul got more kudos in the article for his MTB racing than his writing. Typical journalist envy.
    Last edited by pedalAZ; 01-12-2005 at 02:40 PM.

Saucy Size Moderator
    Well...I impressed her by taking the rigid SS on the ride, which is more than adequate for 99% of the entire thing. A tiny bit of climbing at the end of the third day gets steep for my particular gear ratio, but otherwise I got to look like a rock star without really trying.

I haven't seen the story yet but I'm sure glad it finally came out. We knew it'd be a couple years from research to final.

Sadly, Bruce's company just recently folded so any hype for AZWKA was kind of wasted. But Bruce has a new venture, 360 Adventures, which hopefully will benefit from the positive press.

Wynne was a great lady. A real pleasure to ride with.

p.
    Don't be that guy! Read the forum guidelines.