Thread: Mt. Lemmon ride

mtbr member

Mt. Lemmon ride

I've never ridden in Tucson before but I have a chance this Tuesday. I want to know what I should ride while I'm up there? I won't be able to spend more then a couple hours riding due to other responsibilities but I really want to do a ride at Mt Lemmon. What do you recommend?
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Since there's a forecast high of 113º or so predicted for Tucson on Tuesday, I'd head on up Mt. Lemmon. Park next to the Sawmill Run restaurant just as you enter town. Ride up the road taking the turnoff to the ski resort and keep climbing. It's about a mile to the top. You can do a short Aspen Meadow Loop, then come back into town via Aspen Draw. There are a few bigger drops on Aspen Draw trail, roots, etc. Super fun trail.
    I ride the crappy trails so you don't have to
    My Two Schillingsworth

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Sorry, coffee hasn't kicked in yet, just noticed you were asking about Mt. Lemmon!!
    I ride the crappy trails so you don't have to
    My Two Schillingsworth

mtbr member
    That's a good one. So is Secret --> Bigelow --> Kellog and take the road back to the car

Addicted to 2 wheels
    Another consideration is, where do you need to be before and after the ride? It takes longer than you think to get from say the 10 FWY to the base of Mt. Lemon. Might get some other recommendations based on your location and if you can ride early.

I have been wanting to ride there a long time. Lot's of great trails all over Tucson if you can get up and ride at 5am, or are used to the heat.

Have a great trip and report back.

suvlako
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarHigh View Post
    Another consideration is, where do you need to be before and after the ride? It takes longer than you think to get from say the 10 FWY to the base of Mt. Lemon. Might get some other recommendations based on your location and if you can ride early.

I have been wanting to ride there a long time. Lot's of great trails all over Tucson if you can get up and ride at 5am, or are used to the heat.

Have a great trip and report back.
    Chck out HomeGrownmtb.com or call Tara @ 5202370129. They can give you the tour of the goods and ensure you don't end up in San Manuel. Signage and route findimg can be tough. They can set you up with a rental too. Have a great ride! The bigelow kellog incinerator ride is awesome and if you add on Green Mtn, it's awesome but definitely not a beginner ride.