Happy trails

mountainer biker killed in hit and run.

just saw it on the news.
    40st and pinnacle peak road.
    sound like he was hit from behind and the truck fled the seen.
    what the hell is wrong with people!!
    any one have any info on this?
    my condolences to the family.
    Aaron

pedaller

Perp Busted!!!

Police arrested late Thursday the driver they believe hit and killed Micheal Boulden, Arizona State University Foundation's chief of staff, police said.

Yesenia Angulo-Gastelum, 26, was booked Thursday night into Maricopa County Jail on suspicion of hit and run after someone called in a tip following media reports, Phoenix police said.

Boulden, 37, was riding a red mountain bicycle east on the shoulder of Pinnacle Peak Road in Phoenix at 6:23 a.m. Feb. 18 when a vehicle struck him from behind. The impact killed Boulden, who left behind a 3-year-old daughter. He had returned from visiting her in Germany just the day before the incident, according to Phoenix police and university officials.

Police say Angulo-Gastelum left the scene and failed to provide identification or call for assistance, police said.

"She was brought in for questioning and made admissions, fully aware she struck someone," said Sgt. Joel Tranter, a Phoenix police spokesman. "She said she was afraid of getting caught for striking him."

Tranter said Angulo-Gastelum and her boyfriend, who was riding in her 1999 Chevy Malibu at the time of the collision, "made a conscious effort" to conceal the car, replace the windshield and make repairs to the body of the car. The two drove the car for a week after a week's worth of repairs, Tranter said.

Detectives discovered red paint from Boulden's bicycle on the car, Tranter said.

Angulo-Gastelum didn't provide information on how the accident happened but Tranter said they were both traveling eastbound. It was dark, but Boulden had lights on his bike.
    http://www.azcentral.com/community/t...ef0302-ON.html

Tranter said thanks to one tip, police were able to solve the case.
    Thank you tipster!
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    How horrible.

Occidental Tourist
    this sh!t makes me sick. i wish they would hold the driver accountable but i'll bet she does minimal time with minimal fine. your life isn't worth much in the eyes of the law if you're killed on a bike.
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?