Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "No Clue Crew"

This Morning Was Great!!!!

Rode out at SoMo this morning and the weather was amazing! A light rain every now and then and a cool breeze! Saw ZERO riders? Yesterday was the complete opposite!!!! Can't believe we didn't see any other riders!!!! You guys scared of the rain ...............Drew

Meatbomb
    I was not skeered ... Loved riding MSP in the drizzle this morning .

"No Clue Crew"
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    I was not skeered ... Loved riding MSP in the drizzle this morning .

Same Where did you ride?.......Drew

Meatbomb
    Up Taliesin to the lookout and then down lost Dog Wash.

mtbr member
    I was out in PMP by 5:30a, saw one other rider and handful of hikers - it was great, nice and sticky (the trail and the air!) and cool with a nice breeze.

"No Clue Crew"
    Nice. I think we rode that SS last week. Great climb and fun downhill! ........Drew

Need more cowbell
    Was out at Pemberton at 5:30.....nobody but me and the wild horses......drizzled rain the whole time.

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    How could anyone pass up this morning? I was out at SoMo East Loops still getting the feel for my new 29er single speed. Awesomeness was had. That little drizzle was perfect. I think I saw two riders coming down the road to the ramadas and that was it. Like my own playground. Love it!
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

im4Gsus
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskersOfDeath
    Was out at Pemberton at 5:30.....nobody but me and the wild horses......drizzled rain the whole time.
    WoD, how was pemberton's soil condition? the slow riderz are going there 2moro morning. i know the service road gets deeeep ruts when it rains hard out there.

tia, ms kaboose
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

Need more cowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboose
    WoD, how was pemberton's soil condition? the slow riderz are going there 2moro morning. i know the service road gets deeeep ruts when it rains hard out there.

tia, ms kaboose

Wasn't too bad...soft moist sand makes some areas feel like you are riding on a flat. There were no washed out areas on the trail. IF they don't get much rain tonight, tomorrow should be fine. We will be out there early. I'll say hello if you are still in the lot.

"No Clue Crew"
    WOW!!!!!! I just outside to my truck to grab something and its HOT again!!!!! This morning was a freak of nature and I hope it happens again soon!!!!........Drew

im4Gsus
    thanks 4 the info WoD, i hope it doesn't rain anymore 2day/2nite.

we'll be RTR at 6am and i'll be the slow ol' lady on a black 5-spot going ccw.
    "If God is your co-pilot you're in the wrong seat!" S Barrington

I love bike!
    Rode Hawes @ 5pm yesterday and it was freakin awesome. Was so tacky that a bunch of times I was wondering why I even bothered to touch the brakes cuz it was like being in a slot car. Good times!

No Clue Crew
    I would've loved to ride today. I was driving home last night on my bike in the light rain thinking, man, if I had some lights I'd head out when I get home.

This morning I had to get some last minute stuff ready for a Havasu trip this weekend so no ride today... or this weekend.

I am Doctor Remulak
    It was cooler, but very humid on my ride to the helipad this morning. Saw half a dozen other riders out.
    MTBR wants you to know that I work here

aka Diesel
    +1 on Hawes this morning! Sticky tacky trails, and sticky tacky CoyoteKismet, given the humidity. Unfortunately the sun came out on us mid-ride, but we still had a great time.
    "People do not lack strength; they lack will" (Victor Hugo)

"No Clue Crew"
    I have my fingers crossed that tomorrow AM is half as nice as this morning!.................Drew

Eleven - it's one louder
    Decided to play hookey from work at the last minute and rode the MMP Competitive Track Outer Loop at 9:30a. First half hour was sweet, then the sun came out and it was a sauna. Trail was fine, no mud or puddles at all. I met Alan who was working on the pump track - the first mtbr.com person I've met in real life! Nice guy, great effort on the pump track. It's taking shape nicely.
    Today's solid oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground. -Anonymous

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Quote Originally Posted by Grave9
    I have my fingers crossed that tomorrow AM is half as nice as this morning!.................Drew
    Three nice mornings at the end of July? I'll cross my fingers with ya.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.

Ridin bikes is fun
    This rain is doing Hawes some good. This morning was really nice until about 8:30 then the sun came out. It was a sweat fest after that. So far we've gotten just the right amount of rain. I hope it keeps coming.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
    Quote Originally Posted by dsittman
    Rode Hawes @ 5pm yesterday and it was freakin awesome. Was so tacky that a bunch of times I was wondering why I even bothered to touch the brakes cuz it was like being in a slot car. Good times!
    Was out there as well around 5:30'ish. Yep, you could rail the turns and your tires would just stick like velcro!
    Can you hear me now?

I love bike!
    I think all trails generally benefit with the occasional soaking, but IMO Hawes is like a night and day difference. It seems like the extreme soaking over the fall/winter and then looooong dry spell really did a lot of damage to Hawes and made it really bad. Hopefully these monsoon rains can really help out and get it back to the good ol' Hawes of a few years past.

I love bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by cycljunkie
    Was out there as well around 5:30'ish. Yep, you could rail the turns and your tires would just stick like velcro!
    Did I pass you in opposite direction just as you were getting ready to climb the switchbacks?

mtbr member
    May 2010
    hawes 530 am this morning full on rain thought I was back in Seattle!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteKis
    +1 on Hawes this morning! Sticky tacky trails, and sticky tacky CoyoteKismet, given the humidity. Unfortunately the sun came out on us mid-ride, but we still had a great time.
    No wait a minute...that sun didnt come out till noon, geez there you go again hawes + high noon + middle of summer!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast