Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4

    Monsoon Mayhem Prescott

    Ironclad Bicycles will be having an intermediate xc group ride on August 28.

    Checkout the website for more details. www.ironcladbicycles.com

    Here is a quick trail preview.
    Last edited by ironcladbicycles; 08-16-2010 at 12:24 AM.

  2. #2
    Let'er Buck
    Reputation: kdimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    232
    Sounds fun I will try and make it.
    "Powder River, Let 'er Buck"

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604

    Trail 48


    The last time I rode trail 48 it was severely overgrown with these skin and clothing grabbing thorn bushes. So we recently went back with clippers in hand and cleared these nasty things from protruding on the trail. Those were some huge thorns. Anyways we cleared most, if not all of it away. Still have some clearing to do on the upper part of the trail. Should be done this week.

    Jeff

  4. #4
    Powered by ice cream.
    Reputation: Enel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,305
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    I put one of those through my thick leather riding gloves and through my finger while descending Smith Ravine once. No fun. Thanks for clearing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

  5. #5
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,001
    what are those things?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    what are those things?

    live in ignorance!
    b

  7. #7
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,309
    Those are New Mexican Locusts, I think.

    Ed and I are coming next Saturday. Gonna be a good time! Bravo to the Ironclad crew.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    Those are New Mexican Locusts, I think.

    Ed and I are coming next Saturday. Gonna be a good time! Bravo to the Ironclad crew.

    what do you have against "new" mexicans????

    I didn't know they were given that name, I just knew them as locust when I lived in NM. and yes there was way to many of them there....especially in burned areas.....see a bit of FLG's future???? hope not.
    b

  9. #9
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,309
    The next time I see one, I'm asking for its papers.

    I think they have several names. One of them is Timmy.

  10. #10
    Powered by ice cream.
    Reputation: Enel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,305
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    \....especially in burned areas.....\
    Interesting because the area where I snagged one was burned a couple years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhak
    And I thought I had a bike obsession. You are at once tragic and awesome.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: murd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    223
    That is New Mexican Locust but I grew up calling them waitaminute bushes.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: brianc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel
    Interesting because the area where I snagged one was burned a couple years ago.

    go pay a visit to Los Alamos or ask a local NM (easy to spot ) they can tell you all about how this wonderful plant is tied to after burn re-growth. Or ask anyone (Durtgirl) about Tadpole Ridge in Silver City, NM.
    b

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    The next time I see one, I'm asking for its papers.
    Never fails with you . .

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    65
    Very good Velokid1, Robinia neomexicana, or like you said, New Mexico Locust. Seeds, bark and roots are poisonous to humans. They are all over this year.

  15. #15
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,309
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    Never fails with you . .
    Stalker. Get a life.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    Stalker. Get a life.
    Rolling my eyes at yet another unsolicited small load of liberal/progressive vomit from you, (every time you’re in here I might add), hardly translates to a function of stalkerism. Post all the fu-fu flowery, thorn bush names you want. But mix in your confrontational liberal/progressive BS and expect a reaction.

    My advice to your “thorn bushes” is this: The thorn bushes will have no problem unless they commit some other crime first. So if I were a “thorn bush”, excuse me, a New Mexican Locust who’s in the habit of committing crimes in the state of Arizona, then yeah, I’d be prepared to show my papers.

    Speaking about getting a life, you actually know the name of some Prescott pricker bush. Just sayin . .

    Enjoy your ride with ironclad.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,813
    Dam, I don't know if you 2 are joking around or what? Sounds like az1jeff is 1 uptight dude from this thread and others. I'm sure velo will enjoy his ride, he always does. And no I'm not his BF so don't think it.
    I might make this ride???
    SHITBIRD

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Sounds like az1jeff is 1 uptight dude from this thread.
    Really, how so? Ironclad posts up about a group ride. I reply about thorn-riddled trail 48 that we cleared. VK hijacks with political BS as usual. . Maybe you should re-read this entire thing from top to bottom before you get involved. .

    jeff

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,813
    Yes Sir right away! I'll get right on that! Why were you cleaning up 48? I thought you build your own trails.
    SHITBIRD

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Yes Sir right away! I'll get right on that! Why were you cleaning up 48? I thought you build your own trails.
    Yawn. You were doing better as VK's girlfriend.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    Yawn.
    There you go again speaking out of your A S S. Oh ya, later. I've got better things to do.
    SHITBIRD

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    Oh ya, later. I've got better things to do.
    Like mocking people for clearing trails? I let you get back to that. Shucks, and I was hoping for an explaination of how I was an "uptight dude." Maybe next time. .

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    Like mocking people for clearing trails? I let you get back to that. Shucks, and I was hoping for an explaination of how I was an "uptight dude." Maybe next time. .
    Your post read as if you're an uptight dude...or you have a NM Locust up your ass. Just saying...
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  24. #24
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,309
    Threadjacker. Get a life.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604

    No good

    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Your post read as if you're an uptight dude...or you have a NM Locust up your ass. Just saying...
    Asking for clarification/explaination is hardly being uptight. You'll notice he couldn't and didn't answer. Why are you always so focused on male body parts? Wait, I don't want to know.

    Jeff
    Last edited by az1jeff; 08-26-2010 at 05:25 PM.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    Threadjacker.
    That'd be you. . Every single time you're in here. You post some political BS, somebody calls you on it, then you can't handle it. Same thing, different thread. Same pattern everytime. Very predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    The next time I see one, I'm asking for its papers.
    Jeff

  27. #27
    Master Gardener
    Reputation: Velokid1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,309
    [Sorry Ironclad for getting sucked into the doooooshbaggery.]
    Last edited by Velokid1; 08-26-2010 at 06:31 PM.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    Someone else started the crack about "new" Mexicans, not me. Maybe turn off FOX News and brush up on your reading comprehension. You might also try developing a sense of humor.

    And I don't even remember the last time anyone but you gave me a hard time on MTBR. Face it- you are alone is your ******baggery. You specialize in being a Sean Hannity-blowing hard*on, Dash Riprock.
    Whoa, if I didn't know better, I'd say someone is "uptight." Why are you always so angry? Where you at skinny? Where's all the uptight police when you need them?

    Here we go. The same old re-run: It's Fox news' fault. Good grief can't you guys get a new argument?

    When they got nothing, they go with the old standby that it's Fox news.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    Whoa, if I didn't know better, I'd say someone is "uptight." Where you at skinny? Where's all the uptight police when you need them?

    Here we go. The same old re-run: It's Fox news' fault. Good grief can't you guys get a new argument?

    When they got nothing, they go with the old standby that it's Fox news.
    I'm right here. WTF do you want?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    I'm right here. WTF do you want?
    Think you need to pull over VK for uptightedness. Where's your consistency?

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Velokid1
    [Sorry Ironclad for getting sucked into the doooooshbaggery.]
    You SHOULD be apologizing YOU started it. As usual.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    Think you need to pull over VK for uptightedness. Where's your consistency?
    But does he offer very little to this site other than to provide me with a laugh or two (but not in a way you think) like some?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    But does he offer very little to this site other than to provide me with a laugh or two (but not in a way you think) like some?
    Yes, he offers very little.

    You too? How many girlfriends does VK have?

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    Yes, he offers very little.

    You too? How many girlfriends does VK have?
    Stick to politics.
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604

    No good

    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Stick to politics.
    I see. You inject yourself into others' business, stir the pot, then lecture me what I should stick to when the going gets rough.

    Mind your own business.

    jeff

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    I see. You inject yourself into others' business, stir the pot, then lecture me what I should stick to when the going gets rough.

    Mind your own business.

    jeff
    You're just realizing this? Wow, Mr. Pot, you're not the sharpest tool in the medicine cabinet is you?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: helimech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,813
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    You SHOULD be apologizing YOU started it. As usual.
    "You started it" How old are you dude. My 7yo says that sometimes, you have to be older than that .
    SHITBIRD

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604

    No good

    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    You're just realizing this? Wow, Mr. Pot, you're not the sharpest tool in the medicine cabinet is you?
    And what do you contribute here?

    I understand this is a public forum and people are free to reply to whatever they want. But most people have the common sense to recognize when to stay out of something, except the very narcissistic with an inflated view of the importance of their own opinion(s). How is any of this your business? This started as an everyday ride announcement until VK hijacked it with political BS and talking negative ***** at me. Then it was between me and VK until Heli then you chimed in. But with you, you often think you have the right to just butt right in, even when it’s not appropriate. Must you make others’ business yours so often? Every now and then, consider minding your own business. A little restraint goes a long way, even on a public forum.

    Jeff

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by helimech
    "You started it" How old are you dude. My 7yo says that sometimes, you have to be older than that .
    Hey you're back. How 'bout you answer my question this time instead of ducking out? Maybe you can get your seven-year-old to help you out.

    Jeff

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by az1jeff
    And what do you contribute here?

    I understand this is a public forum and people are free to reply to whatever they want. But most people have the common sense to recognize when to stay out of something, except the very narcissistic with an inflated view of the importance of their own opinion(s). How is any of this your business? This started as an everyday ride announcement until VK hijacked it with political BS and talking negative ***** at me. Then it was between me and VK until Heli then you chimed in. But with you, you often think you have the right to just butt right in, even when it’s not appropriate. Must you make others’ business yours so often? Every now and then, consider minding your own business. A little restraint goes a long way, even on a public forum.

    Jeff
    Feel better? Good...
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: az1jeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Feel better? Good...
    I feel great, thanks. See ya next time you decide to butt in.

    Jeff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •