EDR

Moab shuttles..yeah I know. It's been asked before.

Simple question to those who frequented Moab this summer or recently...

Who provides the quickest/nicest, most prompt service from Moab up to the start of the Whole Enchilada?

I'm not necessarily into the best "vibe" or any of that. Just looking for the most efficient shuttle service.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Coyote Shuttle. And Chili Pepper is the best bike shop.
    Rarely adds anything productive to threads

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Coyote Shuttle. And Chili Pepper is the best bike shop.
    Awesome, thanks! Done deal when we get there.

banned
    edr:

I also used CS when I was there last week, but I think before this post dies you are going to get some other opinions.

Porcupine shuttle is the fastest shuttle since they are using gas gusseling Ford Vans. CS uses highly efficient VW Vanagons that get probably close to twice the fuel enonomy, so if you are into energy consevation your ride to the WE is going to probably take you about 10 minutes longer using CS.

If Christy or Jessie are the drivers say high to them for me.

It will be interesting what the other posters come up with for suggestions.

There is a new feature on the UPS that I installed the last week, and I am curious if it is still in place. Let me know if you clean that whole trail w/o dabbing when you get back. The impovement weighed about 175 lbs. and I moved it about 40' to dumb the trial down to my skill level.

One note- when we rode the UPS there was heavy lightening up in the Burro Pass area. You might consider getting an early start to reduce the chance of afternoon thunder storms.

EDR
    TD:

The weather will always be hit or miss. We will just go and take our chances. Last year my buddies were caught in a rain storm up there and sent me pics of them huddled on the side of a fireroad with a small fire going to keep them warm. Once that blew over they had a blast.

As far as shuttles go I just want the quickest way up. If the hippie style Vanagon is only 10 minutes slower than that's not a big deal. I just don't want to burn an extra 30 minutes for no other reason than to be 'hip' or 'green'. I get all that but sometimes but being on a short time schedule, efficiency is most important...I'm not afraid to admit that, haha.

mtbr member
    CP is not the best shop. Go to Poison Spider. Also, take the Coyote Shuttle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    CP is not the best shop.
    Yes it is. It's a fact!

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I don't have a favorite shop there but I do remember Poison Spider telling a customer from out of town who broke his pedal(stripped from the crank arm) 4miles into the ride on Porc rim to ride back into town for a replacement after dropping him off with their shuttles.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member
    I guess your favorite shop depends on who treats you the best at the time. Maybe CP was great for you. PS is always good to me. I frequent almost all the shops there. I just think PS has the best selection. I visit my family there 4 times a year, and I don't always go into PS, but I avoid CP like the plague. Just personal preference.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    True, just felt bad for the guy since he was a beginner and had flown out from back east or something.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    I guess your favorite shop depends on who treats you the best at the time. Maybe CP was great for you. PS is always good to me. I frequent almost all the shops there. I just think PS has the best selection. I visit my family there 4 times a year, and I don't always go into PS, but I avoid CP like the plague. Just personal preference.
    CP was the very first shop we visited on my very first trip to Moab. This was at its old location (as you entered town), which I think they've moved back to.

What I liked about the shop was they had a couch to lounge on, a coffee shop, and they were very forthcoming with trail recommendations. Instead of recommending Slickrock and Porc Rim, they told us if they had a day to ride, they would ride Amassa Back, which to this day is on of my fav trails.

It should also be noted that other than a coffee, I didn't spend one red dime in the shop, nor did I feel obligated to.

PS just seemed to "corporate" for me.

mtbr member
    I dig Chili Pepper.
    They fixed my stuck down rear shock for a 6 pack of beer.
    Nice people too.

And Coyote Shuttles.
    I wonder if our sticker is still there...
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    [QUOTE=KavuRider]I dig Chili Pepper.
    They fixed my stuck down rear shock for a 6 pack of beer.
    QUOTE]

I forgot about that. Definitely above and beyond in my book.

Monocog Masher
    I always go to Poison Spider and have good luck there, but they are more of a "touristy" place. Rim Cyclery is more like a LBS in my opinion. I like that one.