Thread: Moab Hotels

mtbr member

Moab Hotels

I'm taking my wife and kids up to Moab next month for some hiking in Arches and Canyonlands. I've been several times, but usually just rent a camp cabin since it's just me and some buds doing some biking. I'm not looking for a 5-star resort, but I'd like something clean and comfortable that is centrally located.
    Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    There's a Hampton Inn that I thought was pretty decent. I'd recommend it.

Pivotal figure
    We usually stay at the Bowen. Centrally located and they allow bikes in the room. They even have a bike wash outside with towels.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    vrbo.com

mtbr member
    Go to the Adventure Inn. Right across from Poison Spider bike shop. In the shade of the Hampton Inn and owned by real people. Support the locals, the owner and the husband work the front desk. No pool or anything but you are in Moab...so plenty to do and you are not paying for the extra BS. Clean and affordable. Plus they are good people.
    i never thought i'd be 43 and living here......i kinda wanted to be a rockstar..." Mark Hendershot

Professional Bad Ass
    Feb 2007
    Somewhat related question: due to the ongoing clean-up of the Atlas uranium mine, where improperly handled tailings are leaching heaving metals, is it safe to drink the tap water in Moab?

mtbr member
    To be safe I would stick to beer and tequila but that's just me

mtbr member
    Just a suggestions, we have had a great experience with renting a condo. A garage is key for assembling and packing bikes for transit.

bhc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Another vote for Bowen, clean, breakfast, bike friendly. Reasonable on price.

mtbr member
    Redstone Inn:

Small rooms, but a nice hot tub. A grill, picnic tables,hose, and bike stand for customer use. 1.5 blocks from the brewery, 1.5 blocks to City Market, and very reasonable. Pool located across the street.

Bikes are allowed in the rooms as well, and the owners are always very cool!

Ride on,
    Tonya

I ride with tools
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowbutSure
    To be safe I would stick to beer and tequila but that's just me
    But your own beer. That Utard 3.2 stuff will not do anything for your cause.

mtbr member
    I was up there w/ the family earlier in the year camping when my 1 year old came down w/ a cold. The only rooms available were at the Gonzo Inn. http://www.gonzoinn.com/ It is on the upper end as far as price but it was super nice. If we ever decide against ruffing it again in Moab The Gonzo Inn will be our first choice.

EDR
    is it safe to drink the tap water in Moab?
    I just spent 3 days there. We got all of our drinking water from the natural spring by the river (near the Porc Rim trail exit). I haven't started glowing in the dark, yet.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the tips. I've got a couple of spots in mind now.

mtbr member
    Local water doesn't come from the river. Me and my family have been drinking the water for decades, and we seem fine (to most people ).
    Bowen would be my hotel recommendation. Centrally located to everything. If you go during the 24 of Moab (Oct 9-10) you may have trouble finding a room.