mtbr member

MMP Summer Night Ride Schedule

Just met with Doug at Fountain Hills Bikes and Shayla at McDowell Mountain Park regarding the 2018 Summer Night Ride Schedule. No flier yet but here are the dates:
    • June 2
    • June 16
    • July 7
    • July 21
    • August 4
    • August 18
    • September 15

Same format as previous years. There is a pretty good chance of a party at Jackass Junction during the first night ride.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_AlanS View Post
    Just met with Doug at Fountain Hills Bikes and Shayla at McDowell Mountain Park regarding the 2018 Summer Night Ride Schedule. No flier yet but here are the dates:
    • June 2
    • June 16
    • July 7
    • July 21
    • August 4
    • August 18
    • September 15

Same format as previous years. There is a pretty good chance of a party at Jackass Junction during the first night ride.
    Thanks, Alan. Question, since itís been a while since weíve been out to one: Is one particular route encouraged (e.g. - Pemberton CW), or can we do different combos (e.g. - Pemby CCW, or ending down Bluff, etc)?

Hope to make a couple of these this year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

mtbr member
    Walt, the typical (encouraged) route is still Pemberton clockwise. Riding the opposite direction would definitely be swimming up stream. There are many folks that do add various other trails in the mix such as Dixie Mine, Coachwhip, Bluff, Escondido, Scenic etc. The trails are officially open until 10 pm every weekend night so you are free to ride wherever you choose. The park does ask everyone to be off the trails no later than 10 pm so we can make sure everyone made it back safely.

Click Click Click
    • June 2
    • June 16
    • July 7
    • July 21
    • August 4
    • August 18
    • September 15

Awesome! Thanks for publishing. I will try to make as many of these as possible!
    "You either want to or you don't."

I am Walt
    Walt, the typical (encouraged) route is still Pemberton clockwise. Riding the opposite direction would definitely be swimming up stream. There are many folks that do add various other trails in the mix such as Dixie Mine, Coachwhip, Bluff, Escondido, Scenic etc. The trails are officially open until 10 pm every weekend night so you are free to ride wherever you choose. The park does ask everyone to be off the trails no later than 10 pm so we can make sure everyone made it back safely.
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ride more; post less...

Black and Sticky
    Thanks! Always enjoy these rides.
    Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting. I will try to make a few this year.

mtbr member
    Any ides why they donít host these in the spring and fall when the weather is better suited for riding?
    AKA: G-wat

mtbr member
    Damn. almost every weekend listed I am out of town. Ill try to make one or two. love the august/September riding. maybe a storm might actually roll through if we ever get rain.
    Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bugaroo View Post
    Any ides why they donít host these in the spring and fall when the weather is better suited for riding?
    I think it's because in spring and fall we ride during the day. Night and very early morning are the only times to ride in the summer.

Black and Sticky
    Back when these night rides started, there would be one or two of the rides staged at the comp loops. Any chance of that this year?

Bob
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

mtbr member
    McDowell Mountain Park is typically booked solid with other races and events throughout fall, winter and spring. Summer is the best time for night riding.

mtbr member
    Reminder, the first MMP summer night ride is this Saturday. Make sure you make it up to Jackass Junction.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MMP Summer Night Ride Schedule-mtbr-summer-night-ride.jpg  

Just A Mountain Biker.
    • June 2
    • June 16
    • July 7
    • July 21
    • August 4
    • August 18
    • September 15

Alan, will they be doing demo/rental lights this year? I have a couple friends that want to come out but that might hold them back. If so, who do they contact to reserve?
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bituman View Post
    Back when these night rides started, there would be one or two of the rides staged at the comp loops. Any chance of that this year?

Bob
    Not as currently scheduled. The trails are open until 10 pm so it would be easy to hit the comp tracks from the service road link from Pemberton or ride down to the Four Peaks lot on Shalmo or Scenic and cross the road.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Alan, will they be doing demo/rental lights this year? I have a couple friends that want to come out but that might hold them back. If so, who do they contact to reserve?
    We are working on getting Serfas out there but not confirmed yet. I have a couple of extra light sets that I could personally loan out.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    We are working on getting Serfas out there but not confirmed yet. I have a couple of extra light sets that I could personally loan out.
    Cool, keep us posted. I am going to look through my kit tonight and see if I might have enough to cover as well.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Not sure what the rain status is over by MMP, will there be an update here later if itís cancelled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Not sure what the rain status is over by MMP, will there be an update here later if itís cancelled?

Checking in with the park right now, I may go out there to check myself. I will post an update here as soon as we have an accurate report on how much rain they got at the park and the condition of trails.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Checking in with the park right now, I may go out there to check myself. I will post an update here as soon as we have an accurate report on how much rain they got at the park and the condition of trails.
    Any word Alan?

mtbr member
    Ride is on for tonight, should be nice out. Bring some warm clothes and pack a couple beers for the mandatory hydration stop at jackass Junction.