Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

MMP Pump Track Grand Opening

is set for Friday 8/27/2010 followed by a night ride on the Competitive loops.

There is some fine tuning that needs to be completed and 2 tabletop jumps to build so here is the plan:

I will meet with Rand this week to see if I can get the dirt for the tabletops spotted before Friday.

Friday 8/13/2010, start time 4 pm, Pemberton night ride hosted by MMP and sponsored by Slippery Pig after work and pump sessions. The Pig typically grills up some fine pork based offerings for post ride consumption.

Saturday, start time 6 am until ??

Sunday, start time 6 am until ??

We really need to get this finished up this weekend so invite all of your friends. And invite those you don't like also, you may get to know them a little better and find out they aren't so bad afterall (or you can cover them with dirt). Invite people you don't even know as long as they can shovel, rake, tamp or make runs for beer and food.

Don't believe the Hype...
    Never been a on pump track. Would a 24" BMX cruiser be good for it?
    Made with real bits of Panther, so you know it's good...

www.krackedskulls.com
    use promo code "lucky" for 5% off

CAB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by luckybastard
    Never been a on pump track. Would a 24" BMX cruiser be good for it?
    Yup cruisers are great,,,,,
    "You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough."

mtbr member
    Thanks for the update, Alan. I should be there 2 out the the 3 days. Probably Friday night and Sat morning.

R.I.P. Pedo Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by CAB
    Yup cruisers are great,,,,,
    just don't wash out on the berms cause CAB will tell you to start your truck and go home!!!!

CAB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koa Poi-dog
    just don't wash out on the berms cause CAB will tell you to start your truck and go home!!!!
    Yes that would happen then I laugh and point hahaha.
    "You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough."

mtbr member
    Yes that would happen then I laugh and point hahaha.
    How about we try a 270 spin from the berm of the pump track to the table top... dat wud be sweet! hahaha

CAB
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kubo
    How about we try a 270 spin from the berm of the pump track to the table top... dat wud be sweet! hahaha
    Ahhhahaha That dude was wacked of his mind....

mtbr member
    I guess I'm gonna need a light for the night ride. Anyone know how to make a cheap one?
    Bullsh*t is the glue that binds our nation.

R.I.P. Pedo Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp ThAAng
    I guess I'm gonna need a light for the night ride. Anyone know how to make a cheap one?

There is a flood light setup being pushed around here. It does wonders for lighting up so you can see your front tire!!! Warning if it is mounted on a xc bike it probably be as wide as your bars! Oh and with the four light set up it will have a million lumens and runs on a pack of C batteries that ends up weighing as much as your bike!

CAB
    mtbr member
    Get some KC lights and a car battery.

Alive and Lurkin'
    Mag lights taped to the top tube w/ Portable fluorescent shop lights on a coat hanger
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koa Poi-dog
    There is a flood light setup being pushed around here. It does wonders for lighting up so you can see your front tire!!! Warning if it is mounted on a xc bike it probably be as wide as your bars! Oh and with the four light set up it will have a million lumens and runs on a pack of C batteries that ends up weighing as much as your bike!
    Here we go again....

R.I.P. Pedo Bear
    with enough zip-ties this is very possible but are you going to be able to see your front tire. I wanna see my front tire and not the trail as I ride in the dark!

mtbr member
    Alan,
    I should be out after work on Friday to help out and for the night ride. I plan to conquer the berm before the night is out. Just don't laugh if I show up with my knee and elbow pads.

mtbr member
    I threw on the armor today when I sessioned the jumps... no shame in protecting yourself.

mtbr member
    I don't make fun of those who fly over the back side of the berms. My scabs are almost gone now.

For the record I appreciate the hard work you put into the track. It would be great if there was one closer than 70 miles one way.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowbutSure
    I don't make fun of those who fly over the back side of the berms. My scabs are almost gone now.

For the record I appreciate the hard work you put into the track. It would be great if there was one closer than 70 miles one way.
    I have a shovel you can borrow.
    Bullsh*t is the glue that binds our nation.

mtbr member

Need jump builders

for this weekend. We have 2 more table tops to build and some grooming on the first two. The dirt is being hauled over to the locations tomorrow morning. This is the final work weekend prior to the grand opening and there is a lot of finishing work to be completed. I have a nearly full keg that I will be bringing out Friday for the work and Pemberton night ride if that helps motivate anyone. Whatever is left over from the night ride (if any) I will bring back out Saturday. Need to finish it off.

mtbr member
    I will be out Sat and Sun.

Shred...it's the new drug
    I'll be out there tomorrow evening with child and shovels!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Heading out there Wednesday morning with some friends that haven't ridden a pump track before. Probably be out there around 6am on the 18th if anyone else wants to show up and show us how it is done.

mtbr member

Update

Please note the following;

The official opening of the Pump Track was scheduled to be held on August 27th at 6:30 p.m. just before start of the Mountain Bike by the Moon Light. The opening has been postponed until slightly cooler weather and to allow some key participants to attend.

The Pump Track is nearly finished, it is certainly ride able now. I would estimate that it is 85% complete with just a couple of table tops and a berm to be completed. Everyone is welcome to come out and enjoy the track now and watch for the official opening in about a month.

Rand Hubbell, Park Supervisor
    McDowell Mountain Regional Park
    Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department
    (480) 471-0173 ext. 202

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I rode out there this morning. The rain made the track awesome.

mtbr member
    I took a peek at it last Sunday after my ride. Looked f'in great! I was really tempted to ask if I could hit it real quick, but I had to bail and would have felt dirty not working a shovel for a bit. My work schedule is jacked- so getting out there is tough. Is there a way that I could donate monetarily or by providing tools, beer or something? I don't like to poach stuff that has obviously seen so much work involved.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast