mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Mesa Area Trail Advice

Invited to a wedding in Mesa late October, and hoping to making into a Mountain Bike trip so looking for advise on trails around the area, I enjoy aggressive trail riding. The more technical the better.

Thanks,

Meatbomb
    You'll be happy with either South Mountain or the Hawes area.

How much further ???
    Quote Originally Posted by 40er View Post
    Invited to a wedding in Mesa late October, and hoping to making into a Mountain Bike trip so looking for advise on trails around the area, I enjoy aggressive trail riding. The more technical the better.

Thanks,
    Best bet is to hit up this forum a week before you come out. A lot of riding in the immediate area. Hawes and Pass Mt if you want some serious tech. Even more if you are willing to travel some. Somo, Gold Canyon, PMP, MMP, MSP, AZT Picketpost etc. Id be happy to show you around if it works out.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did." Mark Twain

parenting for gnarness
    Quote Originally Posted by Douger-1 View Post
    Best bet is to hit up this forum a week before you come out.
    ^this.

You want to goto SoMo, National trail is world-class, and there are several super-fun DH\AM trails you can link in for loops. Pass Mtn is also outstanding for techy fun, but more advanced\intermediate than advanced\expert like National. I'd pass on Hawes - great trail but nothing too techy on it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Many thanks for the good info. I have been checking out the trails you guys mentioned above, and they all look awsome. Douger thanks for the offer, if it works out would be great to go out with a local.

dirt visionary
    Wet your appetite on pass mountain in east mesa then if you have time make your way to somo.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Pass is pretty frickin' gnar...love that trail. I hear K-trail is pretty long and sweet. You want tech...come play on somo