NardoSS

McDowell/Sunrise start. 128th or 124th?

I'll be in the area early this Saturday morning yet I've never started the Sunrise climb/ringtail/lost dog/quartz ride from anywhere other than the grocery store parking lot on Bell Rd. Where do people start from the southern side?

Should I park on 128th, 124th, or somewhere nearby?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    I'll be in the area early this Saturday morning yet I've never started the Sunrise climb/ringtail/lost dog/quartz ride from anywhere other than the grocery store parking lot on Bell Rd. Where do people start from the southern side?

Should I park on 128th, 124th, or somewhere nearby?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
    What's up, bud...long time, no ride. How you been...?

Park and start off of 128th St. where it dead-ends north of Via Linda. You jump right onto Ringtail there, and can go right up Sunrise initially, or do whatever. That's where I always launch in from.

P.S. - No facilities there; if you need them, the 124th St. TH is very fancy with everything...too busy for my blood, though...
    Ride more; post less...

NardoSS
    Ahhhh, good to know. I'll take it to 128th then and skip the other busy parking lot. Thanks for the advice on the parking situation.

I've been around, but mostly on the road bike getting in some base miles for the upcoming race season (okay, and burning off belly fat from not riding this summer). For a few weeks I almost gave in and purchased a pair of baggies since the stitching on all of my lycra stuff was at its maximum elasticity.

When I do ride up in Scottsdale it's usually for the Saturday or Sunday BOS rides.

I'm sure I'll make the next quad bypass or BCT group ride and we'll have a few beers and catch up. I'll bring a few oil cans since I've been the one mia. :-D

Thanks to you and Cholla for posting about the Exiwolfs as a decent rear tire. Friggin heavy but the price was right and I'd like something to last me more than a month or two for once. Doug was right in that there is no perfect tire here in the land of the rock so I'm forgoing the lightweight part.

Members who have read this thread: 0