mtbr member

MBAA trail work schedule for 2014

The Mountain Bike Association of Arizona (MBAA) and Maricopa County Parks have cooperatively organized the following volunteer trail work opportunities.

• Friday January 10 - Saturday January 11, 2013 - McDowell Mountain Park
    • Friday January 31 - Saturday February 1, 2013 - White Tank Park
    • Friday March 14 - Saturday March 15, 2013 - Estrella Mountain Park (post-race date due to conflict with NASCAR event)

In addition to the volunteer trail work to be completed, each park has generously offered free entry to the park and free camping both Friday and Saturday nights at the Competitive Track parking area for trail work volunteers. This will be primitive camping with no water or electric for RV’s. The intent of combining trail work, camping, social activities and coaching is to create an event for the entire family to participate.

Friday night:
    Camping and social activities. Trails will be open for group night rides until 10 pm. Camping for the McDowell event will be in the Four Peaks lot, first right hand turn after the entrance station. There is a large fire ring near the center of the lot.

Saturday:
    7:30 am sign-in, safety meeting and description of work areas and scope of work.
    8:00 am – noon, trail work. Lunch to be provided by MBAA through local bicycle industry sponsors.
    1 pm – 5 pm, Group ride, social event, coaching, demo’s, pre-ride, etc.
    Evening, camping and social activities (movie, bike videos ??)
    Sunday:
    Possibility of additional trail work depending on the number of volunteers and the scope of work to be completed.
    Last edited by AZ_AlanS; 01-01-2014 at 06:54 PM.

No Clue Crew
    Wow, that sounds pretty damn cool... Gonna have to see if I can clear my schedule up a little...

mtbr member
    I am in for one of those for sure, just gotta find one that works with my hall pass!
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Maybe this post should have been named "Hunting for rock fairys in Sedona" so that it would get more views? Sort of sad that all the people that ***** and moan about trail damage don't jump on board this too.... Ahhh the interwebs.

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Bump

"Uppercase with a space"

A plethora of pinatas
    Sounds like a great time!

I am in for the McDowell Mountain Park weekend for sure.
    Marty

mtbr member
    White Tanks are on my radar. The first one is Supercross day and that will be an all day gig for me. Who wants to camp? MTBDennis, wanna drag out the trailer for this one? i will take an early day that Friday to help you with it!

"Uppercase with a space"

No Clue Crew
    I'd like to camp but the Mrs would want to come and if she comes Katie the Great Dane has to come and she doesn't play well with other dogs. So, I'll likely just show up to work and ride Sat... Thinking the Feb event has my name on it.

mtbr member
    New info for the McDowell event:

Camping will be in the Four Peaks lot, first right after the entry station. There is a large fire ring near the center of the lot for night time gathering. We hope to have the large inflatable screen that is used for the MMP night rides for MTB videos and/or movies. The Four Peaks lot is the trail head for the new Escondido Trail..

mtbr member
    i was going to try and ride the competitive loops tomorrow at mcdowell to get ready for the race coming up. will this trail work affect access to the trails during the day?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtbr member
    Not much talk about trail work on the forum anymore since a certain poster disappeared after his seeming reappearance.

A plethora of pinatas
    Quote Originally Posted by zblee View Post
    i was going to try and ride the competitive loops tomorrow at mcdowell to get ready for the race coming up. will this trail work affect access to the trails during the day?
    Nope, the trailwork weekend is not tomorrow. It is on Jan 10 & 11. Besides, the trailwork will not affect trail access.
    Marty