Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mbaa

813 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  AZSunGod 
#1 ·
Doesn't seem like many of you on the AZ thread raced in last weekends MBAA series but doesn't it seem like it is taking forever for the results to be posted?

#4 ·
Yeah, I stuck around and saw the unofficial results posted but I was looking for those that finished around me so that I can "size up" the competition at the next race.

As far as sticking around and drinking the Mudshark brew.......that was all gone in a matter of minutes!!!!! Was it any good?

#5 ·
When I checked the board when the prelims came out I saw I came in at 67 minutes which for me anyway was pretty respectible. That would be for the beginner group. I thought I saw the guy who won my group with a time of 7 minutes and change, I bet that got contested.

Hmmm, you must have raced the sport or expert class Bondo. I had myself about 3 of those half cups of brew. It's the same Mudsharks as the one in Havasu and yes the brews are good especially the Hefe.

#7 ·
I think the guy with the best time was at 51 minutes maybe? That guy was pretty fast, but I could see how someone could be in pretty good shape and pull off that time. Estrella should be interesting. The tech part of the long loop after the saddle takes a little bit of time. I bet the beginner winner comes in around 55-60 minutes. I am shooting for 65 minutes like McDowell.

If any of you guys pre-ride let me know, especially if you're sport class. I would love to know which lines you guys use in the back.

#8 ·
GueroAZ said:
I think the guy with the best time was at 51 minutes maybe? That guy was pretty fast, but I could see how someone could be in pretty good shape and pull off that time. Estrella should be interesting. The tech part of the long loop after the saddle takes a little bit of time. I bet the beginner winner comes in around 55-60 minutes. I am shooting for 65 minutes like McDowell.

If any of you guys pre-ride let me know, especially if you're sport class. I would love to know which lines you guys use in the back.
next weekend im up for a preride of estrella.

i got third in sport 19-29. i wanna ride the course nice and easy to see where the mose applicable tech spots are. it is by far the most techy course of the circuit but it is fast. i finished last year around 52 min. the best guy finished (in mmy class) at 46 min.....sndbgr.....i like this course and really want to do well. let me know if your feeling froggy.

#9 ·
I will be at estrella this weekend, next weekend, every weekend until the race. Of the 10 mile long loop I know only about 4 miles are techy but those 4 are sandy with loose rocks both conditions I stink at riding. I am hitting it Saturday at 10am and Sunday at 10am maybe later Sunday because my Superbowl party is near there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.