Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NardoSS

Maroon bus SOMO shuttle this morning...you're going to ruin it for everyone.

There was already one complaint against you this morning by the time I walked into the ranger office to complain as well. What they used to describe you and your maroon bus, "reckless, speeding, unfriendly."

I'll briefly jot down what I can remember from a ten minute conversation and in no particular order as said by a ranger: Unsafe passing, speeding, too much damage to the trails and too much fuss over so few people riding down/shuttling. Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

Just a heads up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    There was already one complaint against you this morning by the time I walked into the ranger office to complain as well. What they used to describe you and your maroon bus, "reckless, speeding, unfriendly."

I'll briefly jot down what I can remember from a ten minute conversation and in no particular order as said by a ranger: Unsafe passing, speeding, too much damage to the trails and too much fuss over so few people riding down/shuttling. Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

Just a heads up.
    *Grabs popcorn...a small bag, as this won't last long*
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I'm guessing the first complaint was from a roadie who was upset about being passed on an already narrow road but yet exceeds the speed limit when coming back down. I got a 20spot on that. BTW I sent a link to my post to Road Bike Review. Now grabbin some popcorn.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member

Just a heads up.
    haha! unfriendly is my favorite. On another note, I actually appreciate your opinion on DHr's doing the trail work. I'm totally down with that. Really.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    haha! unfriendly is my favorite.
    They weren't giving handies to all the Emptybeer trail riders as they passed.
    Very unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

Alive and Lurkin'
    Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

Just a heads up.
    How does the park only ban downhillers? Make all the trails uphill only?
    The recent rains did far more damage to the trails than the riders do, should we ban the rain from the mountain? Put up giant rain collectors to keep the rain from damaging the trails? Rude, insensitive? It's the b!tches that do the b!tching, everyday there's many roadies crossing the lines going into oncoming traffic at high speeds, one almost hit my truck and I would have had to deal with roadie goop all over my truck, but luckily I saw him coming and I braked and pulled over to the side of the road so the out of control turd could live to ride another day. I don't complain to the rangers about it though because I'm not a b!tch ...b!tch.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

ride more, blog less
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    It's the b!tches that do the b!tching...b!tch.
    .... that's all this site is good for nowadays....
    i like these odds....

banned
    That's strange. The maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ

mtbr member
    haha! unfriendly is my favorite. On another note, I actually appreciate your opinion on DHr's doing the trail work. I'm totally down with that. Really.
    Would be nice

JohnniO
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    That's strange. The maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Nice, tell that to the girl who was just hit on the road on this forum. go's around comes around

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    BRAAAAAAPPPP

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    In case you didn't know what they were referring to; they have a vuvuzela and a cow bell they use to cheer on the roadies as they climb the mountain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    Nice, tell that to the girl who was just hit on the road on this forum. go's around comes around
    The van doesn't buzz anyone. He's talking about the vuvuuzela!

JohnniO
    Quote Originally Posted by kubo
    BRAAAAAAPPPP
    so you support almost hitting roadies on purpose too ?

JohnniO
    The van doesn't buzz anyone. He's talking about the vuvuuzela!
    sure

mtbr member
    Where did you hear this?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    If you haven't ridden with them, I don't think that you have a place to speak about it JohnniO

NardoSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    How does the park only ban downhillers? Make all the trails uphill only?
    I don't complain to the rangers about it though because I'm not a b!tch ...b!tch.
    Hey Genius, they would ban shuttles, not downhillers. Calling everyone that complains a b!tch is counterproductive. If not for roadies "complaining" over the poor pavement years ago, they road would be a patchwork of blacktop and dirt.

Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm telling you guys what the general mood is at the ranger station concerning shuttles.
    Feel free to complain to them about whatever makes your heart content.

I also call the police when I see people drinking or smoking on top then driving. No way in hell am I going to end up like what's her name a few weeks ago with a mangled up bike and head injury. I know it wasn't drug or alcohol related, but the end result is the same when hit.

And finally, if you charge a fee (even for gas) for the trip up, then you're a commercial vehicle in the eyes of the law.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ojunkie
    In case you didn't know what they were referring to; they have a vuvuzela and a cow bell they use to cheer on the roadies as they climb the mountain.
    And?

mtbr member
    Hey Genius, they would ban shuttles, not downhillers. Calling everyone that complains a b!tch is counterproductive. If not for roadies "complaining" over the poor pavement years ago, they road would be a patchwork of blacktop and dirt.

Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm telling you guys what the general mood is at the ranger station concerning shuttles.
    Feel free to complain to them about whatever makes your heart content.

I also call the police when I see people drinking or smoking on top then driving. No way in hell am I going to end up like what's her name a few weeks ago with a mangled up bike and head injury. I know it wasn't drug or alcohol related, but the end result is the same when hit.
    You're talking about two different things: shuttlers and asking "DHers" to do trail work. How are the two releated?

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarHammer
    .... that's all this site is good for nowadays....
    needs more moderation!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    And?
    It's probably annoying as hell to get an earfull of vuvuzela and cowbell while being called a joto via megaphone!

I am guilty of being a part of the trio. Oh and there is a r@pe whistle too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    And?
    And nothing. Most of roadies laugh and work hard when they hear it.

JohnniO
    Where did you hear this?
    That's how I take this statement -

"he maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

If they call roadies *****es I highly doubt they are supporting anyone. Buzzing a rider is common knowledge for coming as close as possible. sad

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0