Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 120
  1. #1
    NardoSS
    Guest

    Maroon bus SOMO shuttle this morning...you're going to ruin it for everyone.

    There was already one complaint against you this morning by the time I walked into the ranger office to complain as well. What they used to describe you and your maroon bus, "reckless, speeding, unfriendly."

    I'll briefly jot down what I can remember from a ten minute conversation and in no particular order as said by a ranger: Unsafe passing, speeding, too much damage to the trails and too much fuss over so few people riding down/shuttling. Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

    Just a heads up.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    There was already one complaint against you this morning by the time I walked into the ranger office to complain as well. What they used to describe you and your maroon bus, "reckless, speeding, unfriendly."

    I'll briefly jot down what I can remember from a ten minute conversation and in no particular order as said by a ranger: Unsafe passing, speeding, too much damage to the trails and too much fuss over so few people riding down/shuttling. Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

    Just a heads up.
    *Grabs popcorn...a small bag, as this won't last long*
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  3. #3
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,239
    I'm guessing the first complaint was from a roadie who was upset about being passed on an already narrow road but yet exceeds the speed limit when coming back down. I got a 20spot on that. BTW I sent a link to my post to Road Bike Review. Now grabbin some popcorn.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    There was already one complaint against you this morning by the time I walked into the ranger office to complain as well. What they used to describe you and your maroon bus, "reckless, speeding, unfriendly."

    I'll briefly jot down what I can remember from a ten minute conversation and in no particular order as said by a ranger: Unsafe passing, speeding, too much damage to the trails and too much fuss over so few people riding down/shuttling. Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

    Just a heads up.
    haha! unfriendly is my favorite. On another note, I actually appreciate your opinion on DHr's doing the trail work. I'm totally down with that. Really.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    haha! unfriendly is my favorite.
    They weren't giving handies to all the Emptybeer trail riders as they passed.
    Very unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  6. #6
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

    Just a heads up.
    How does the park only ban downhillers? Make all the trails uphill only?
    The recent rains did far more damage to the trails than the riders do, should we ban the rain from the mountain? Put up giant rain collectors to keep the rain from damaging the trails? Rude, insensitive? It's the b!tches that do the b!tching, everyday there's many roadies crossing the lines going into oncoming traffic at high speeds, one almost hit my truck and I would have had to deal with roadie goop all over my truck, but luckily I saw him coming and I braked and pulled over to the side of the road so the out of control turd could live to ride another day. I don't complain to the rangers about it though because I'm not a b!tch ...b!tch.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  7. #7
    ride more, blog less
    Reputation: GnarHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    It's the b!tches that do the b!tching...b!tch.
    .... that's all this site is good for nowadays....
    i like these odds....

  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111
    That's strange. The maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    haha! unfriendly is my favorite. On another note, I actually appreciate your opinion on DHr's doing the trail work. I'm totally down with that. Really.
    Would be nice

  10. #10
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    That's strange. The maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Nice, tell that to the girl who was just hit on the road on this forum. go's around comes around

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    That's strange. The maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    BRAAAAAAPPPP

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    162
    In case you didn't know what they were referring to; they have a vuvuzela and a cow bell they use to cheer on the roadies as they climb the mountain.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    Nice, tell that to the girl who was just hit on the road on this forum. go's around comes around
    The van doesn't buzz anyone. He's talking about the vuvuuzela!

  14. #14
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kubo
    BRAAAAAAPPPP
    so you support almost hitting roadies on purpose too ?

  15. #15
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    The van doesn't buzz anyone. He's talking about the vuvuuzela!
    sure

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    so you support almost hitting roadies on purpose too ?
    Where did you hear this?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    162
    If you haven't ridden with them, I don't think that you have a place to speak about it JohnniO

  18. #18
    NardoSS
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    How does the park only ban downhillers? Make all the trails uphill only?
    I don't complain to the rangers about it though because I'm not a b!tch ...b!tch.
    Hey Genius, they would ban shuttles, not downhillers. Calling everyone that complains a b!tch is counterproductive. If not for roadies "complaining" over the poor pavement years ago, they road would be a patchwork of blacktop and dirt.

    Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm telling you guys what the general mood is at the ranger station concerning shuttles.
    Feel free to complain to them about whatever makes your heart content.

    I also call the police when I see people drinking or smoking on top then driving. No way in hell am I going to end up like what's her name a few weeks ago with a mangled up bike and head injury. I know it wasn't drug or alcohol related, but the end result is the same when hit.

    And finally, if you charge a fee (even for gas) for the trip up, then you're a commercial vehicle in the eyes of the law.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ojunkie
    In case you didn't know what they were referring to; they have a vuvuzela and a cow bell they use to cheer on the roadies as they climb the mountain.
    And?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    Hey Genius, they would ban shuttles, not downhillers. Calling everyone that complains a b!tch is counterproductive. If not for roadies "complaining" over the poor pavement years ago, they road would be a patchwork of blacktop and dirt.

    Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm telling you guys what the general mood is at the ranger station concerning shuttles.
    Feel free to complain to them about whatever makes your heart content.

    I also call the police when I see people drinking or smoking on top then driving. No way in hell am I going to end up like what's her name a few weeks ago with a mangled up bike and head injury. I know it wasn't drug or alcohol related, but the end result is the same when hit.
    You're talking about two different things: shuttlers and asking "DHers" to do trail work. How are the two releated?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  21. #21
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarHammer
    .... that's all this site is good for nowadays....
    needs more moderation!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    774
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    so you support almost hitting roadies on purpose too ?

  23. #23
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    And?
    It's probably annoying as hell to get an earfull of vuvuzela and cowbell while being called a joto via megaphone!

    I am guilty of being a part of the trio. Oh and there is a r@pe whistle too.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    And?
    And nothing. Most of roadies laugh and work hard when they hear it.

  25. #25
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    Where did you hear this?
    That's how I take this statement -

    "he maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

    If they call roadies *****es I highly doubt they are supporting anyone. Buzzing a rider is common knowledge for coming as close as possible. sad

  26. #26
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    Nice, tell that to the girl who was just hit on the road on this forum. go's around comes around
    If the landscaping truck would have been equipped with a vuvuzela, she would have gotten blasted by the horn instead of turning into a meat rainbow.

  27. #27
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    If the landscaping truck would have been equipped with a vuvuzela, she would have gotten blasted by the horn instead of turning into a meat rainbow.
    karma

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    That's how I take this statement -

    "he maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

    If they call roadies *****es I highly doubt they are supporting anyone. Buzzing a rider is common knowledge for coming as close as possible. sad
    You know what they say about assumptions, don't you?
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  29. #29
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    You know what they say about assumptions, don't you?
    I'd say the last post by cesslinger kind of confirms my assumption.

  30. #30
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    That's how I take this statement -

    "he maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

    If they call roadies *****es I highly doubt they are supporting anyone. Buzzing a rider is common knowledge for coming as close as possible. sad
    I call b!tching roadies b!tches JohnniOh so putting a twist on things that aren't there. And I'll call any other whinny snot a b!tch just the same, roadies just seem to whine more than most.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    Hey Genius, they would ban shuttles, not downhillers. Calling everyone that complains a b!tch is counterproductive. If not for roadies "complaining" over the poor pavement years ago, they road would be a patchwork of blacktop and dirt.

    Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm telling you guys what the general mood is at the ranger station concerning shuttles.
    Feel free to complain to them about whatever makes your heart content.

    I also call the police when I see people drinking or smoking on top then driving. No way in hell am I going to end up like what's her name a few weeks ago with a mangled up bike and head injury. I know it wasn't drug or alcohol related, but the end result is the same when hit.

    And finally, if you charge a fee (even for gas) for the trip up, then you're a commercial vehicle in the eyes of the law.
    Don't kill the messenger? You're OP states you were one of the complainers. What happened to you?

  32. #32
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    That's how I take this statement -

    "he maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

    If they call roadies *****es I highly doubt they are supporting anyone. Buzzing a rider is common knowledge for coming as close as possible. sad
    Open your eyes and pay attention to PopCulture Johny Quest.


  33. #33
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    I call b!tching roadies b!tches JohnniOh so putting a twist on things that aren't there. And I'll call any other whinny snot a b!tch just the same, roadies just seem to whine more than most.
    stop your whining

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Casual Observer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,206
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    I'd say the last post by cesslinger kind of confirms my assumption.
    It does? *Scratches head*
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 'size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm telling you guys what the general mood is at the ranger station concerning shuttles. Feel free to complain to them about whatever makes your heart content.

    And finally, if you charge a fee (even for gas) for the trip up, then you're a commercial vehicle in the eyes of the law.

    That's how I take this statement -

    "he maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

    If they call roadies *****es I highly doubt they are supporting anyone. Buzzing a rider is common knowledge for coming as close as possible. sad
    you are far from just the messenger, you filed a complaint as well - mind telling us what exactly you complained about and why you didn't take it up with the van's occupants first?

    there is no mandatory fee for gas, donations are accepted and encouraged.

    you assumed BBBBZZZZZZZ... was pertaining to buzzing a rider - you had no idea what they were referring to. you guessed wrong and look like a fool for it now because of your assumption that DHers must be reckless and could never encourage or cheer on another cyclist.

  36. #36
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    If the landscaping truck would have been equipped with a vuvuzela, she would have gotten blasted by the horn instead of turning into a meat rainbow.
    nuff said

  37. #37
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: berzerker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    There was already one complaint against you this morning by the time I walked into the ranger office to complain as well. What they used to describe you and your maroon bus, "reckless, speeding, unfriendly."

    I'll briefly jot down what I can remember from a ten minute conversation and in no particular order as said by a ranger: Unsafe passing, speeding, too much damage to the trails and too much fuss over so few people riding down/shuttling. Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

    Just a heads up.
    Where to start? If you're not trolling then you're just a ******. If you have a problem with someone, talk to the person or people you have a problem with first, before you go tell the teacher.
    If you can't hear a van with a V-8, ringing the cowbell and blowing the valenzuela horn, while cheering on all those riders and runners going up and down the road, then you should consider turning down the volume on your i-pod. It's really the considerate thing to do.

  39. #39
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    Hey Genius, they would ban shuttles, not downhillers. Calling everyone that complains a b!tch is counterproductive. If not for roadies "complaining" over the poor pavement years ago, they road would be a patchwork of blacktop and dirt.

    Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm telling you guys what the general mood is at the ranger station concerning shuttles.
    Feel free to complain to them about whatever makes your heart content.

    I also call the police when I see people drinking or smoking on top then driving. No way in hell am I going to end up like what's her name a few weeks ago with a mangled up bike and head injury. I know it wasn't drug or alcohol related, but the end result is the same when hit.

    And finally, if you charge a fee (even for gas) for the trip up, then you're a commercial vehicle in the eyes of the law.
    Did you just dig on my mental capacity?
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  40. #40
    sandbagger
    Reputation: airmiller44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    516
    maybe the roadies could ride the line since the obviously cant do the speed limit up the hill, as for the shuttles they don't charge any fee we donate for their time, there's no rate. I drive my friends and they help me with gas money and we switch turns that's not commercial and they cant just ban people pulling a trailer and if they could we would just put the bikes in the bus or on it. we ride down a trail not causing harm to anyone but ourselves. the roadies are always putting THEMSELVES in harms way going up against vehicles. I personally love when they flip you off when your just driving on a road in your lanes not trying to cause an accident by swerving into neighboring lanes etc. My opinion if you cant do speed limit stay off road and I am not just talking about south mountain

    to the poster you've got a lot of time on your hands to care but anyways no bashing on you.

    Maroon bus take it easy or the roadies might beat us up
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

  41. #41
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    If the landscaping truck would have been equipped with a vuvuzela, she would have gotten blasted by the horn instead of turning into a meat rainbow.
    post all the pics and call all the names you want. Your statement is inexcusable.

    Have a nice day

  42. #42
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    karma
    I've had my share of meat rainbow's too. Part of the sport.

  43. #43
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    you are far from just the messenger, you filed a complaint as well - mind telling us what exactly you complained about and why you didn't take it up with the van's occupants first?

    there is no mandatory fee for gas, donations are accepted and encouraged.

    you assumed BBBBZZZZZZZ... was pertaining to buzzing a rider - you had no idea what they were referring to. you guessed wrong and look like a fool for it now because of your assumption that DHers must be reckless and could never encourage or cheer on another cyclist.
    Yea what he said!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    I'd say the last post by cesslinger kind of confirms my assumption.
    by reading all of your responses, it kind of confirms my assumption that you're a bit thick.

  45. #45
    CAB
    CAB is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    162
    What Would Lance Do?
    "You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough."

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    post all the pics and call all the names you want. Your statement is in excusable.

    Have a nice day
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by CAB
    What Would Lance Do?
    Kick our asses up and down the mountain on the road or on the trail :P

  48. #48
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    stop your whining
    XOXO
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  49. #49
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    post all the pics and call all the names you want. Your statement is in excusable.

    Have a nice day
    Inexcusable buddy. Dictionary is over there ------>

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    The speeding comment cracks me up, how exactly can you speed on a winding mountain road, in a 1 ton 15 pass van with a trailer, fully loaded with people and bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  51. #51
    R.I.P. Pedo Bear
    Reputation: Koa Poi-dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by berzerker
    If you can't hear a van with a V-8, ringing the cowbell and blowing the valenzuela horn, while cheering on all those riders and runners going up and down the road, then you should consider turning down the volume on your i-pod. It's really the considerate thing to do.


    Most people don't relize this!!!! annoucing one's self presence with noisy instrument seem to take the edge off before passing the slower traffic!! Which should stay to the FAR right! I know shocking news that seems to not be utilized!

  52. #52
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    The speeding comment cracks me up, how exactly can you speed on a winding mountain road, in a 1 ton 15 pass van with a trailer, fully loaded with people and bikes?
    umm push the gas?
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  53. #53
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Matching avatars...neeto . are you guys like a gang with a treehouse ? do you roll over in the morning and coordinate that ?

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    umm push the gas?
    Empty maybe, not fully loaded going up. Not while trying to dodge the roadies and hikers.

    I dunno, I saw more thumbs up than dirty looks last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  55. #55
    CAB
    CAB is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    The speeding comment cracks me up, how exactly can you speed on a winding mountain road, in a 1 ton 15 pass van with a trailer, fully loaded with people and bikes?
    No kidding and its a Ford?
    "You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough."

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KavuRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,745
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    Matching avatars...neeto . are you guys like a gang with a treehouse ?
    yes.
    And you're not invited.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

  57. #57
    R.I.P. Pedo Bear
    Reputation: Koa Poi-dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    yes.
    And you're not invited.

  58. #58
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    Matching avatars...neeto . are you guys like a gang with a treehouse ? do you roll over in the morning and coordinate that ?
    do you smell that? It like a port-a-john or ...
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  59. #59
    I'm with stupid -------->
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44
    My opinion if you cant do speed limit stay off road and I am not just talking about south mountain
    Not cool, many of us ride road bikes too and there is nothing wrong with SHARING the road. Just like you should SHARE the trail with other users, regardless of speed. Speed limits are maximums, not requirements.

  60. #60
    NardoSS
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    you are far from just the messenger, you filed a complaint as well - mind telling us what exactly you complained about and why you didn't take it up with the van's occupants first?

    I wasn't the first to complain by all of 8:15 in the morning.
    I don't have time to get in a fist fight at the end of a perfect three hour road ride. I'm sure I would have overreacted like I always do in a confrontation and punched the driver then kicked the car door in. I'm trying to avoid fights and keep it in the cage/ring. These days I just call the police or any authority and let it go.

    My posting this was a courtesy to other shuttlers and to give some insight as to what the rangers are thinking.

    Yes, *gasp* a gesture of trail maintenance...how insane is that. They love IMBA, by the way.

    I'm done posting on this thread. I don't hate shuttles, I hate bad drivers everywhere. Oh, and dog poo on trails.

  61. #61
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    do you smell that? It like a port-a-john or ...
    you must be the pivot man in the treehouse gang, underwear backwards and all

  62. #62
    R.I.P. Pedo Bear
    Reputation: Koa Poi-dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpowers
    Not cool, many of us ride road bikes too and there is nothing wrong with SHARING the road. Just like you should SHARE the trail with other users, regardless of speed. Speed limits are maximums, not requirements.

    True! but more often than not, roadies or road riders tend to ride in two's side by side and very rarely single file. I support all sort of riding but com'on when you got a ton of metal traveling twice as fast as you don't get close to the left side of the bike lane. That's if they are in a bike lane most people riding on the road I see are not in no bike lane and ride too aggressive which cause's me to get into the other lane which is dangerous for us all!

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: berzerker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    [B]

    I'm done posting on this thread. .
    P.U.NardoSS.Y do you come on here and start shyt bby 'reporting' us then not want to talk about it. If you can't handle yourself in person, like a big boy, this forum is a great place to do it. Or in the cage, with a ref, if that's how you want it. Whatever.

  64. #64
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by KavuRider
    yes.
    And you're not invited.
    A$$hat, I've never seen the tree house! Still waiting for my decoder ring also. I want my subscription fee returned.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  65. #65
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    you must be the pivot man in the treehouse gang, underwear backwards and all
    It's not a treehouse it's a fort! So there!
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  66. #66
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    It's not a treehouse it's a fort! So there!
    did you join because the bigger boys beat you up all the time?

  67. #67
    I'm with stupid -------->
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by Koa Poi-dog
    True! but more often than not, roadies or road riders tend to ride in two's side by side and very rarely single file. I support all sort of riding but com'on when you got a ton of metal traveling twice as fast as you don't get close to the left side of the bike lane. That's if they are in a bike lane most people riding on the road I see are not in no bike lane and ride too aggressive which cause's me to get into the other lane which is dangerous for us all!
    Riding two abreast is legal in Arizona, not saying I agree with it but they are technically not doing anything wrong. It’s often safer to take the lane if there is not room to allow a car to safely pass in the same lane as you. I have made this mistake before and been hit by side view mirrors and buzzed countless times. I agree if there is room they should give as much space as possible and if it’s a single lane work with drivers to allow safe passes but sometimes things that appear “rude” are done in safety. You may wait for the right opportunity to safely pass a rider but that doesn’t mean the next person will.

    I am not defending the actions of all road riders, there are rude and bad ones just like any group. Just saying his comment of “you don’t belong here” was out of line and ignorant.

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 'size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,103
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS

    I wasn't the first to complain by all of 8:15 in the morning.
    I don't have time to get in a fist fight at the end of a perfect three hour road ride. I'm sure I would have overreacted like I always do in a confrontation and punched the driver then kicked the car door in. I'm trying to avoid fights and keep it in the cage/ring. These days I just call the police or any authority and let it go.

    My posting this was a courtesy to other shuttlers and to give some insight as to what the rangers are thinking.

    Yes, *gasp* a gesture of trail maintenance...how insane is that. They love IMBA, by the way.

    I'm done posting on this thread. I don't hate shuttles, I hate bad drivers everywhere. Oh, and dog poo on trails.
    so you have anger management issues. that explains a lot. maybe get your issues fixed before you go off on others based on assumptions and stereotypes.

    nobody said anything about not doing trail maintenance. do you know how much trail maintenance this group does already or are you assuming *again* that it is none?

  69. #69
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,239
    I want my 20 bucks.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  70. #70
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    did you join because the bigger boys beat you up all the time?
    I am the bigger boys JonnniO
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  71. #71
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,585
    this thread definitely has potential...

  72. #72
    sandbagger
    Reputation: airmiller44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpowers
    Not cool, many of us ride road bikes too and there is nothing wrong with SHARING the road. Just like you should SHARE the trail with other users, regardless of speed. Speed limits are maximums, not requirements.
    Just ride the line use your cool mirrors and leave one ear open for the outside world.
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpowers
    Riding two abreast is legal in Arizona, not saying I agree with it but they are technically not doing anything wrong. It’s often safer to take the lane if there is not room to allow a car to safely pass in the same lane as you. I have made this mistake before and been hit by side view mirrors and buzzed countless times. I agree if there is room they should give as much space as possible and if it’s a single lane work with drivers to allow safe passes but sometimes things that appear “rude” are done in safety. You may wait for the right opportunity to safely pass a rider but that doesn’t mean the next person will.

    I am not defending the actions of all road riders, there are rude and bad ones just like any group. Just saying his comment of “you don’t belong here” was out of line and ignorant.
    http://www.azleg.state.az.us/search/...iction=bicycle

    "B. Persons riding bicycles on a roadway shall not ride more than two abreast except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles. "

    http://www.azleg.state.az.us/search/...iction=bicycle

    "A. When overtaking and passing a bicycle proceeding in the same direction, a person driving a motor vehicle shall exercise due care by leaving a safe distance between the motor vehicle and the bicycle of not less than three feet until the motor vehicle is safely past the overtaken bicycle."

  74. #74
    I'm with stupid -------->
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44
    Just ride the line use your cool mirrors and leave one ear open for the outside world.
    May I suggest you learn about something before you comment on it? Doing the latter before the prior tends to make one look ignorant. Your comments are on par with road riders casting downhill riders as reckless. Again, not cool.

  75. #75
    I'm with stupid -------->
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ojunkie
    http://www.azleg.state.az.us/search/...iction=bicycle

    "B. Persons riding bicycles on a roadway shall not ride more than two abreast except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles. "

    http://www.azleg.state.az.us/search/...iction=bicycle

    "A. When overtaking and passing a bicycle proceeding in the same direction, a person driving a motor vehicle shall exercise due care by leaving a safe distance between the motor vehicle and the bicycle of not less than three feet until the motor vehicle is safely past the overtaken bicycle."
    Not sure the point of your post? Can you clarify please?

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cru_jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    771
    Roadies don't ride with their dogs off the leash.

  77. #77
    JohnniO
    Guest
    It's kind of funny to be in this thread and then also follow the group coordination on AZFREERIDE.COM

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    162
    Just showing people exactly what the A.R.S. say. *shrugs*

  79. #79
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Grave9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,459
    This is getting good!!!


  80. #80
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    It's kind of funny to be in this thread and then also follow the group coordination on AZFREERIDE.COM
    I haven't made a single post on that site about this JohnniO
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  81. #81
    I'm with stupid -------->
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ojunkie
    Just showing people exactly what the A.R.S. say. *shrugs*
    Fair enough. Regarding the second one.... I would be happy with two feet.... if it was actually given! I hate riding home (from a road ride or mountain) on the Tatum/44th street curve...

  82. #82
    R.I.P. Pedo Bear
    Reputation: Koa Poi-dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpowers
    Riding two abreast is legal in Arizona, not saying I agree with it but they are technically not doing anything wrong. It’s often safer to take the lane if there is not room to allow a car to safely pass in the same lane as you. I have made this mistake before and been hit by side view mirrors and buzzed countless times. I agree if there is room they should give as much space as possible and if it’s a single lane work with drivers to allow safe passes but sometimes things that appear “rude” are done in safety. You may wait for the right opportunity to safely pass a rider but that doesn’t mean the next person will.

    I am not defending the actions of all road riders, there are rude and bad ones just like any group. Just saying his comment of “you don’t belong here” was out of line and ignorant.

    As you notice I was generlizing as we DH got generaled to how we shuttle/ride the trails!
    I know that riding two abreast is legal but like you said it aint a smart thing to do with the crazy drivers out there. Look, I look out for my fellow cyclist when I am in my truck. I don't dare try to buzz anyone and wait for the right opportunity to pass. But common sense should come in to play sometimes! If you are riding two abreast and a car is waiting on you to pass why not just slow up a bit or speed it up a bit to either get infront or behind your buddy and let the car pass? It all takes a split sec for all this to happen and everyone is safe.

  83. #83
    Alive and Lurkin'
    Reputation: Jibro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    597
    This has been fun but I got a bike to go build....peace!!
    Pumpin & Pimpin

  84. #84
    JohnniO
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    I haven't made a single post on that site about this JohnniO
    I really don't care. Just stating I'm amused by the organized forum bombing raids.

  85. #85
    R.I.P. Pedo Bear
    Reputation: Koa Poi-dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    34
    anyone have habanero flavored salt for the popcorn......mmmmmmmm

  86. #86
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    It's kind of funny to be in this thread and then also follow the group coordination on AZFREERIDE.COM
    Are you stoned! Those guys can't coordinate a Thursday ride without screwing it up.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  87. #87
    "No Clue Crew"
    Reputation: Cenobite39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,231
    I don't think it's right that you shuttle-guys should be out there blowing loud horns, rape whistles and cheering on the roadies with a mega-phone.
    You should be doing that for me on the weekends while I'm trying to carry my fat arse up National ! Spread the love ! It's not just the roadies who could benefit from your shenanigans !

  88. #88
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    Are you stoned! Those guys can't coordinate a Thursday ride without screwing it up.
    Did someone say screwdriver?? Where is the OJ???

  89. #89
    sprocket
    Reputation: yetisurly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,180
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    Are you stoned! Those guys can't coordinate a Thursday ride without screwing it up.

    Are you riding PMP this Thursday?

  90. #90
    sandbagger
    Reputation: airmiller44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by jdpowers
    May I suggest you learn about something before you comment on it? Doing the latter before the prior tends to make one look ignorant. Your comments are on par with road riders casting downhill riders as reckless. Again, not cool.
    Wtf elaborate on what I need to learn
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

  91. #91
    PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Reputation: azdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,239
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    Are you stoned! Those guys can't coordinate a Thursday ride without screwing it up.
    I bail once....
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

  92. #92
    I'm with stupid -------->
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by airmiller44
    Wtf elaborate on what I need to learn
    http://azbikelaw.org/blog/take-the-lane/

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    162

  94. #94
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    Are you riding PMP this Thursday?
    I'll be there but trust me. I'm way too slow, fat & old to ride with you all. I will be riding in the area from Tatum to the drop in on 220. Will practice some climbing on the upper zipper as I'm not used to flats. Last week was my 3rd ride back since fracturing my knee. So it's all just fun and games for me right now.
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  95. #95
    pedaller
    Reputation: Noelg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ojunkie
    My favorite part over there:

    Newest User: NardoSS


    Pass the popcorn....
    "Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelg
    My favorite part over there:



    Pass the popcorn....
    wish it was really him. It's deff entertaining though!

  97. #97
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisurly
    Are you riding PMP this Thursday?
    I just now realized I may not be able to make it Thursday. Received my first insulin pump this week (Omnipd) and I have training on it at 4:30PM.


    HI Tim,fficeffice" />>>
    Does the 19th at 4:30pm work for you then? What is your address? Thanks much, Rachel>>
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tmarkos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    I just now realized I may not be able to make it Thursday. Received my first insulin pump this week (Omnipd) and I have training on it at 4:30PM.


    HI Tim,fficeffice" />>>
    Does the 19th at 4:30pm work for you then? What is your address? Thanks much, Rachel>>
    This is not the thread to talk nice and orginize rides! If you can't hate, go somewhere else!

  99. #99
    Shovel Ready
    Reputation: Cycle64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,780
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    This is not the thread to talk nice and orginize rides! If you can't hate, go somewhere else!
    If you're going to b*tch at me at least correct my spelling errors.

    OMNIPOD!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

  100. #100
    banned
    Reputation: cesslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by trb2929
    I just now realized I may not be able to make it Thursday. Received my first insulin pump this week (Omnipd) and I have training on it at 4:30PM.


    HI Tim,fficeffice" />>>
    Does the 19th at 4:30pm work for you then? What is your address? Thanks much, Rachel>>
    If you are up to it, we can do tummy sticks for fresh squeezed insulin! Kavu will administer the dose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •