Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NardoSS

Maroon bus SOMO shuttle this morning...you're going to ruin it for everyone.

There was already one complaint against you this morning by the time I walked into the ranger office to complain as well. What they used to describe you and your maroon bus, "reckless, speeding, unfriendly."

I'll briefly jot down what I can remember from a ten minute conversation and in no particular order as said by a ranger: Unsafe passing, speeding, too much damage to the trails and too much fuss over so few people riding down/shuttling. Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

Just a heads up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NardoSS
    There was already one complaint against you this morning by the time I walked into the ranger office to complain as well. What they used to describe you and your maroon bus, "reckless, speeding, unfriendly."

I'll briefly jot down what I can remember from a ten minute conversation and in no particular order as said by a ranger: Unsafe passing, speeding, too much damage to the trails and too much fuss over so few people riding down/shuttling. Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

Just a heads up.
    *Grabs popcorn...a small bag, as this won't last long*
    Nobody gives a s#$t you singlespeed.

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    I'm guessing the first complaint was from a roadie who was upset about being passed on an already narrow road but yet exceeds the speed limit when coming back down. I got a 20spot on that. BTW I sent a link to my post to Road Bike Review. Now grabbin some popcorn.
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

mtbr member

Just a heads up.
    haha! unfriendly is my favorite. On another note, I actually appreciate your opinion on DHr's doing the trail work. I'm totally down with that. Really.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmarkos
    haha! unfriendly is my favorite.
    They weren't giving handies to all the Emptybeer trail riders as they passed.
    Very unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by azdog View Post
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

Alive and Lurkin'
    Dude, you're fking it up for everyone and it sounds like they're on the fence about allowing commercial travel up the road since it brings no income to the park. At this last one I mentioned that perhaps downhillers could do some trail work and perhaps they could organize a group. Yes, I state specifically downhillers, because they are the squeaky wheel right now in the eyes of the park. It's easier to get rid of all of you than to work with you...keep that in mind.

Just a heads up.
    How does the park only ban downhillers? Make all the trails uphill only?
    The recent rains did far more damage to the trails than the riders do, should we ban the rain from the mountain? Put up giant rain collectors to keep the rain from damaging the trails? Rude, insensitive? It's the b!tches that do the b!tching, everyday there's many roadies crossing the lines going into oncoming traffic at high speeds, one almost hit my truck and I would have had to deal with roadie goop all over my truck, but luckily I saw him coming and I braked and pulled over to the side of the road so the out of control turd could live to ride another day. I don't complain to the rangers about it though because I'm not a b!tch ...b!tch.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

ride more, blog less
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibro
    It's the b!tches that do the b!tching...b!tch.
    .... that's all this site is good for nowadays....
    i like these odds....

banned
    That's strange. The maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ

mtbr member
    haha! unfriendly is my favorite. On another note, I actually appreciate your opinion on DHr's doing the trail work. I'm totally down with that. Really.
    Would be nice

JohnniO
    Quote Originally Posted by cesslinger
    That's strange. The maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Nice, tell that to the girl who was just hit on the road on this forum. go's around comes around

mtbr member
    BRAAAAAAPPPP

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    In case you didn't know what they were referring to; they have a vuvuzela and a cow bell they use to cheer on the roadies as they climb the mountain.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnniO
    Nice, tell that to the girl who was just hit on the road on this forum. go's around comes around
    The van doesn't buzz anyone. He's talking about the vuvuuzela!

JohnniO
    Quote Originally Posted by kubo
    BRAAAAAAPPPP
    so you support almost hitting roadies on purpose too ?

JohnniO
    The van doesn't buzz anyone. He's talking about the vuvuuzela!
    sure

mtbr member
    Where did you hear this?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    If you haven't ridden with them, I don't think that you have a place to speak about it JohnniO

NardoSS
    How does the park only ban downhillers? Make all the trails uphill only?
    I don't complain to the rangers about it though because I'm not a b!tch ...b!tch.
    Hey Genius, they would ban shuttles, not downhillers. Calling everyone that complains a b!tch is counterproductive. If not for roadies "complaining" over the poor pavement years ago, they road would be a patchwork of blacktop and dirt.

Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm telling you guys what the general mood is at the ranger station concerning shuttles.
    Feel free to complain to them about whatever makes your heart content.

I also call the police when I see people drinking or smoking on top then driving. No way in hell am I going to end up like what's her name a few weeks ago with a mangled up bike and head injury. I know it wasn't drug or alcohol related, but the end result is the same when hit.

And finally, if you charge a fee (even for gas) for the trip up, then you're a commercial vehicle in the eyes of the law.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by h2ojunkie
    In case you didn't know what they were referring to; they have a vuvuzela and a cow bell they use to cheer on the roadies as they climb the mountain.
    And?

mtbr member
    Hey Genius, they would ban shuttles, not downhillers. Calling everyone that complains a b!tch is counterproductive. If not for roadies "complaining" over the poor pavement years ago, they road would be a patchwork of blacktop and dirt.

Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm telling you guys what the general mood is at the ranger station concerning shuttles.

I also call the police when I see people drinking or smoking on top then driving. No way in hell am I going to end up like what's her name a few weeks ago with a mangled up bike and head injury. I know it wasn't drug or alcohol related, but the end result is the same when hit.
    You're talking about two different things: shuttlers and asking "DHers" to do trail work. How are the two releated?

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarHammer
    .... that's all this site is good for nowadays....
    needs more moderation!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny-tire
    And?
    It's probably annoying as hell to get an earfull of vuvuzela and cowbell while being called a joto via megaphone!

I am guilty of being a part of the trio. Oh and there is a r@pe whistle too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    And?
    And nothing. Most of roadies laugh and work hard when they hear it.

JohnniO
    Where did you hear this?
    That's how I take this statement -

"he maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

If they call roadies *****es I highly doubt they are supporting anyone. Buzzing a rider is common knowledge for coming as close as possible. sad

banned
    If the landscaping truck would have been equipped with a vuvuzela, she would have gotten blasted by the horn instead of turning into a meat rainbow.

JohnniO
    If the landscaping truck would have been equipped with a vuvuzela, she would have gotten blasted by the horn instead of turning into a meat rainbow.
    mtbr member

"he maroon van is the only vehicle on the road that goes out of its way to make its presence known to roadies. BBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

If they call roadies *****es I highly doubt they are supporting anyone. Buzzing a rider is common knowledge for coming as close as possible. sad
    You know what they say about assumptions, don't you?

JohnniO
    You know what they say about assumptions, don't you?
    I'd say the last post by cesslinger kind of confirms my assumption.

Alive and Lurkin'

I call b!tching roadies b!tches JohnniOh so putting a twist on things that aren't there. And I'll call any other whinny snot a b!tch just the same, roadies just seem to whine more than most.
    Pumpin & Pimpin

mtbr member

And finally, if you charge a fee (even for gas) for the trip up, then you're a commercial vehicle in the eyes of the law.
    Don't kill the messenger? You're OP states you were one of the complainers. What happened to you?

banned

Open your eyes and pay attention to PopCulture Johny Quest.

JohnniO
    I call b!tching roadies b!tches JohnniOh so putting a twist on things that aren't there. And I'll call any other whinny snot a b!tch just the same, roadies just seem to whine more than most.
    stop your whining

mtbr member
    It does? *Scratches head*

mtbr member
    Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm telling you guys what the general mood is at the ranger station concerning shuttles. Feel free to complain to them about whatever makes your heart content.

you are far from just the messenger, you filed a complaint as well - mind telling us what exactly you complained about and why you didn't take it up with the van's occupants first?

there is no mandatory fee for gas, donations are accepted and encouraged.

you assumed BBBBZZZZZZZ... was pertaining to buzzing a rider - you had no idea what they were referring to. you guessed wrong and look like a fool for it now because of your assumption that DHers must be reckless and could never encourage or cheer on another cyclist.

JohnniO
    nuff said

banned

mtbr member

Just a heads up.
    Where to start? If you're not trolling then you're just a ******. If you have a problem with someone, talk to the person or people you have a problem with first, before you go tell the teacher.
    If you can't hear a van with a V-8, ringing the cowbell and blowing the valenzuela horn, while cheering on all those riders and runners going up and down the road, then you should consider turning down the volume on your i-pod. It's really the considerate thing to do.

Alive and Lurkin'

Did you just dig on my mental capacity?
    Pumpin & Pimpin

sandbagger
    maybe the roadies could ride the line since the obviously cant do the speed limit up the hill, as for the shuttles they don't charge any fee we donate for their time, there's no rate. I drive my friends and they help me with gas money and we switch turns that's not commercial and they cant just ban people pulling a trailer and if they could we would just put the bikes in the bus or on it. we ride down a trail not causing harm to anyone but ourselves. the roadies are always putting THEMSELVES in harms way going up against vehicles. I personally love when they flip you off when your just driving on a road in your lanes not trying to cause an accident by swerving into neighboring lanes etc. My opinion if you cant do speed limit stay off road and I am not just talking about south mountain

to the poster you've got a lot of time on your hands to care but anyways no bashing on you.

Maroon bus take it easy or the roadies might beat us up
    V10.5 with Dorado pro and Vivid Air
    TWOSIXBIKES DJ prototype
    Www.twosixbikes.com
    www.facebook.com/twosixbikes

JohnniO
    post all the pics and call all the names you want. Your statement is inexcusable.

Have a nice day

banned
    I've had my share of meat rainbow's too. Part of the sport.

Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by 'size
    you are far from just the messenger, you filed a complaint as well - mind telling us what exactly you complained about and why you didn't take it up with the van's occupants first?

there is no mandatory fee for gas, donations are accepted and encouraged.

you assumed BBBBZZZZZZZ... was pertaining to buzzing a rider - you had no idea what they were referring to. you guessed wrong and look like a fool for it now because of your assumption that DHers must be reckless and could never encourage or cheer on another cyclist.
    Yea what he said!
    Currently at Mayo Clinic being tested for a kidney transplant. Donors welcome.

mtbr member
    by reading all of your responses, it kind of confirms my assumption that you're a bit thick.

CAB
    mtbr member
    What Would Lance Do?
    "You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax, tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough."

mtbr member
    post all the pics and call all the names you want. Your statement is in excusable.

Have a nice day
    I think he was born around the time of the Chernobyl fallout which would explain a lot.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CAB
    What Would Lance Do?
    Kick our asses up and down the mountain on the road or on the trail :P

Alive and Lurkin'
    stop your whining
    XOXO
    Pumpin & Pimpin

banned
    post all the pics and call all the names you want. Your statement is in excusable.

Have a nice day
    Inexcusable buddy. Dictionary is over there ------>

mtbr member
    The speeding comment cracks me up, how exactly can you speed on a winding mountain road, in a 1 ton 15 pass van with a trailer, fully loaded with people and bikes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0