Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dsittman View Post
    hmmm...i resemble that remark.
    LOL. Yes, yes you do.

mtbr member
    Love the mormon/natty loop. Very tech and challenging thats for sure! Put up a fast time the other day of 22 minutes

This video is from last year before they did work to the lower part of natty, when it was much more gnarly. Ive gotten much faster now that Im on my 5.7

National from Dennis Yuroshek on Vimeo.

I like to ride bikes fast.

Pivotal figure
    Gotta give you grief for the "nibbler line" at 1:12 Thought you might take the OG route at the end as well, that outside route is too easy
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Hey nice riding, and good vid. Do you normally ride without gloves?
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenbentit View Post
    Gotta give you grief for the "nibbler line" at 1:12 Thought you might take the OG route at the end as well, that outside route is too easy
    HA! OG? Im new to National Ken! From Jersey bro! lol I grew up racing so I take the insides

Quote Originally Posted by BIGHORN LEW View Post
    Hey nice riding, and good vid. Do you normally ride without gloves?
    Yea I ride gloveless most times, depends on my mood, the time of day, temperature, grips etc. Seriously tho I do enjoy riding gloveless esp when its blazing hot out, keeps your temp a bit cooler.

Ken, Ill have to film a new Natty run, Heli run and DFY's mini DH

slower than you
    I first rode up National in 1992 on my fully rigid Retrotec. I have ridden it countless times since and always try to make time to do so whenever I am in the Valley. Despite improvements in technology, my ability and (at times) my fitness, it has never, ever gotten any easier. It humbles me. Always.
    "Let our people travel light and free on their bicycles." Ed Abbey
    http://www.rockychrysler.com/

mtbr member
    I've been riding Nat'l since 1994 () and I've only had 1 full clean run in that entire time. By "clean" I mean clearing everything from Pima Canyon to Buena Vista without stopping, redos or dabbing. It's like bowling a perfect game or getting that all time high score & I seriously doubt I'll ever repeat it. Not that I don't keep trying!
    Respect! I've often wondered if there are people out there that do that. I figured there must be some who have cleaned National from Pima Canyon to Buena Vista, no stops, no dabs, no re-do's.

Wow. That is an insanely awesome accomplishment. I should've guessed it would be you. Major props! The combination of power, skill, cardio fitness, finesse, and luck it would take to piece that all together in one run just blows my mind.

Now where's that emoticon with the little smiley faced guys kneeling and bowing ("We're not worthy, We're not worthy")?

Pivotal figure
    I dunno, 1 clean run in 18 years isn't really much to brag about IMO. Kinda seems like the odds would be good that it'd happen eventually The "Waterfall" was MUCH easier at that time, they'd just done some rework so the entrance was pretty straightforward. I haven't cleaned that thing in years....The good thing about having had that one run is that it always motivates whenever I feel like wussing out on a climb. Nothing like having your own voice screaming at you saying "come on, you know you can do this so why are you stopping now???"
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    I dunno, 1 clean run in 18 years isn't really much to brag about IMO. Kinda seems like the odds would be good that it'd happen eventually The "Waterfall" was MUCH easier at that time, they'd just done some rework so the entrance was pretty straightforward. I haven't cleaned that thing in years....The good thing about having had that one run is that it always motivates whenever I feel like wussing out on a climb. Nothing like having your own voice screaming at you saying "come on, you know you can do this so why are you stopping now???"
    You're being too modest, Ken. I don't care how many times it took to get it, that's still a huge accomplishment. I'll bet there's tons of guys who live in Phoenix and have ridden up National nearly as many times as you and have never cleaned it.

But that is one of the advantages of living in Phoenix. So much good tech riding right in town it's ridiculous. And it's so challenging that even after nearly 20 years you keep coming back for more.... and it's still a challenge. Count yourself lucky.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HighTitan View Post
    Love the mormon/natty loop. Very tech and challenging thats for sure! Put up a fast time the other day of 22 minutes

This video is from last year before they did work to the lower part of natty, when it was much more gnarly. Ive gotten much faster now that Im on my 5.7
    Rep for Too $hort.

Vitamin Bike Added
    What's the rig you're on in this vid?

Quote Originally Posted by HighTitan View Post

National from Dennis Yuroshek on Vimeo.

Keep the rubber side down

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBCanuck View Post
    What's the rig you're on in this vid?
    It was an prototype GT Distortion - 100mm travel slopestyle bike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2