mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Lost dog/westworld trailheads this weekend?

I live in Scotts and have really liked the trails starting from either westworld or lost dog trailhead. The single track is great, very flowy. I like it much better than McDowell. If anyone else wants to ride out there this weekend drop me a line. I usually like early a.m. or after lunchtime (during kids nap time). Thinking 1.5-2 hr ride.

Cheers

mtbr member
    I just got back from there about an hour ago. There was about 10,000 people give or take.

Lost Dog is great though and if you go during the week at either about 10 or 2 you almost have the place to yourself.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Stumpy
    I just got back from there about an hour ago. There was about 10,000 people give or take.

Lost Dog is great though and if you go during the week at either about 10 or 2 you almost have the place to yourself.
    I assume you're being sarcastic--I never see anyone else when I ride. Maybe thats b/c I ride from the Westworld side up quartz/talesin rather than from Lost Dog.

mtbr member
    Oh, not 10,000 bikes (actually I didn't see any). There was a ton of people hiking today is what I meant. Most cars I've ever seen in the parking lot. There was two 15 passenger vans full of people roaming around even.

I park at the Lost Dog Trailhead cause I'm coming from Fountain Hills.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    True. If you go on days when folks are typically off (weekends, holidays, etc.), you'll find a grip of hikers out there. I always ride there at odd times, mostly weekdays and it's usually empty.
    d

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Stumpy
    I park at the Lost Dog Trailhead cause I'm coming from Fountain Hills.
    Better off parking at the 128th St. TH and launching in on Ringtail...
    Ride more; post less...

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Yeppers. I, too, generally launch from 128th.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

ridin

Well I'm gonna ride for 1-2 hours from the westworld side at about 2:15pm. Will be at Talesin and Westworld trail intersection at that time if you want to ride ( I enter where the westworld trail comes off of Frank Lloyd Wright b/c its close to my house). Looks like a great day to rip up some single track.

Cheers

I am Walt
    Quote Originally Posted by beastwood9
    Well I'm gonna ride for 1-2 hours from the westworld side at about 2:15pm. Will be at Talesin and Westworld trail intersection at that time if you want to ride ( I enter where the westworld trail comes off of Frank Lloyd Wright b/c its close to my house). Looks like a great day to rip up some single track.

Cheers
    I was out there earlier today and hammered Lost Dog/Quartz/Taliesin/Lost Dog/Ringtail, and the trails are in super, super shape...very tacky and very fast.
    Ride more; post less...

Meatbomb
    Quote Originally Posted by beastwood9
    I enter where the westworld trail comes off of Frank Lloyd Wright b/c its close to my house
    Are you talking about the trail that runs along FLW starting at Cactus ? The one that crosses the CAP Canal and then connects to the service road that follows the power lines as you head north ? Is that service road considered the WestWorld trail ?

that's my entry point as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo
    Are you talking about the trail that runs along FLW starting at Cactus ? The one that crosses the CAP Canal and then connects to the service road that follows the power lines as you head north ? Is that service road considered the WestWorld trail ?

that's my entry point as well.
    Yep thats exactly where I go in, at the canal bridge of FLW. Bout a 10 minute ride from my house. The trails were excellent today. Braaaaaap!