AKA shitbird

Looking for a used fork...on the cheap

Does anyone have an old fork laying around that they want to sell for a decent price? Something around 6" of travel and 8" steerer. The TST cartridge in my Marz All Mountain 1 died a few weeks ago and I haven't sent it back to Marzocchi yet because they tell me a minimum 2 weeks to fix it under warranty and I haven't been willing lay my main bike to rest for that long. So, I have been riding it the way it is but after doing Geronimo/National/24th St. today it feels like it's somehow getting worse (no rebound dampening at all).

My main issue is that I really want to do the Globe ride this next weekend and would rather not have to do it on this pogo stick.

Before you call me an A-hole for posting this, I checked the classified and didn't find anything interesting.
    JRA

I think I need to Upgrade
    Has the TST cartridge been inspected? It may just need bleeding. What area are you in, it is possible I may be able to look at it for you, and maybe be able to get it working enough to ride till you can handle the down time.

AKA shitbird
    Haven't taken the fork apart to see what's going on "inside". I've rebuilt a couple coil forks before but didn't want to mess with this thing since it seems a bit more complicated and still under warranty. I live in the west valley (Tolleson/Avondale area) and work downtown but "have fork/will travel" if you are willing to take a look at it. I've decided that I'm making the Globe ride even if I have to ride it the way it is, I've kinda gotten used to the bouncy action and the topping out "knocking". I'll send it in next week. But in the meantime if you don't mind taking a look, that would be awesome.

I read about the bleeding issue so tried to experiment on my own without taking the fork apart. I let all of the air out normally, then compressed the travel all the way down and held it there while letting more air out. Kept moving the fork up and down and kept "finding" more pressure to release. My thinking was that if air has gotten into the tst cartridge maybe I could force it out . It seemed to work. Once I aired the fork back up to normal pressure it actually had rebound control and felt pretty normal (tst settings didn't work though). Naturally I went for a ride and after a few decent hits the same problem was back. My little experiment was probably completely useless and retarded but it made me a happy rider for about 20 minutes.
    JRA

I think I need to Upgrade
    Check yer PM'S!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Don't know if it's too late, or if you're still interested, but I have a Fox Vanilla R sitting in the garage doing nothing. I think it's an 05 or 06 model, and I have both the regular and fat-boy springs for it. Disc only. 5" Travel

$150 seems like a good price I think?