EDR

Looking forward to this - Moab content

So we're set. Booked the cabin at Warner Lake in the La Sal's for several days starting the 29th. I've never done The Whole Enchilada, missed out on last years trip. I'm stoked. Plan on driving all the way to Crested Butte for trail 401 and 403 as well.

Gonna hit Bartlett Wash for sure (may even camp there again if we don't get to CB), gotta hit them bowls again. Maybe Portal again. Would love to mix up some new stuff like off of Amasa Back...Jackson, Gold Bar or whatever gets us chunky fun down to the river. Any recommendations?

Here's some minor stokage of my good buddy Ted from what I missed last year ( I've previously rolled up to this drop several times and chickened out each time....unless you count the shorter drop to the right, lol) Fun times ahead. (:warning: short curse word ahead)

Last edited by eatdrinkride; 08-09-2010 at 10:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ouch! Where's the transition?

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona
    Ouch! Where's the transition?
    I think that's why it's known as "The Biggest 4 footer to Flat". If there is a tranny it's slightly uphill, at least that how it looks when about to hit it.

A few years back I watched a guy on a F/R rig drop it kinda slowly. He bottomed everything on his bike about as hard as one could. He turned around to his buddies who were following and said, "Don't do it". It was hilarious. A few minutes later some guy with a Lefty dropped it and went OTB's big time. Speed is the key I guess. I've pledged to hit it this time around.........video of my success (or epic failure) to come!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Good lucky buddy. Every year I get stocked to ride off the diving board. Watch videos over and over, sike myslef up....then chicken out every year. I think the penalty for failure is so high. Plus its a long walk out from there to the river if you break something on you or the bike. Have fun! The Whole Enchilada is incredible. I'll be there in Oct. Looking forward to the video.

parenting for gnarness
    have fun EDR. look forward to the trip report.

watch it in slowmo, i bottomed everything out

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveo
    Good lucky buddy. Every year I get stocked to ride off the diving board. Watch videos over and over, sike myslef up....then chicken out every year.
    If "Ted" can do it, I can do it! That's my mantra anyhow Actually I can't believe he did do it. He rolled up to that thing 5 or 6 times with me two years ago and neither of us could 'pull the trigger'.

EDR
    Quote Originally Posted by chollaball

watch it in slowmo, i bottomed everything out
    Ya, but you were smooooooooooth! Nice job.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    [QUOTE=eatdrinkride]I think that's why it's known as "The Biggest 4 footer to Flat". If there is a tranny it's slightly uphill, at least that how it looks when about to hit it.

OK, So then why on Earth would you want to hit that? There must be a million drops that size and bigger in Moab that actually have a transition? No? Flat landings just aren't so sweet and that landing looks like Kansas.

EDR
    OK, So then why on Earth would you want to hit that?
    Because that's the one I haven't hit! It's all about the oh-shiite factor with that drop Plus, people sit on the side of that area to watch folks fold their bikes in half, it makes me feel obligated to try...sad but true

In reality that area is precisely .054% of the reason I'm stoked about the trip. It's just the only footage I happen to have handy of Moab. (Still, I'm gonna hit it this time, lol)
    Last edited by eatdrinkride; 08-10-2010 at 12:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Jealous. You'll have a great time in Moab. I didn't know there was a cabin you could rent up at Warner Lake. That would be cool.

And the Diving Board is a really sucky drop, but is a Moab rite of passage. You just gotta do it. I"ve rolled it and dropped it... The drop is easy enough, but I do clank both ends hard every time. Glutton for punishment, I guess.

What's the latest word on Blue Dot? Are they still ticketing up there? Dot to Portal is one of my favorite rides.

Spring break 09 034

Spring break 09 037

Ibike 2008 and Moab 205

Ibike 2008 and Moab 206