drink coffee, ride.

Looking forward to...?

Sitting on the patio for the first time this year barefoot and in shorts, the grill going, a Left Hand nitro poured, and talking with my daughter about things coming this summer, it got me thinking, what is everybody looking forward to this summer?

Many participate in the AZ Photo Fridays, and itís always a good stoke to get out and ride. Usually our posts are reports or past stories. So, what are you looking forward to?

The thought was kinda kindled reading Maadís post about his plans on the upcoming AZT 300 [link] even though it was about a ďhas happenedĒ ride. Do you keep posts in your subscribed list to go back and look at, when planning a summer trip? I guess I do, things on the bucket list so to speak. Places to go, things to see, consume isnít quite the right word, but it does have some of the feeling. The Road Trip. A complete package of experience, laughing with friends, meals, rides. Trips to ride things like this:

[summer]
    [we were giants]
    [Kestone]

Lenawee is on my list this year. Was last year, but A-Basin had so much snow left over, they opened their summer season (July 4th only). Another Durango run with different trails.

So, what are you looking forward to? To, ride something new? [link].

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Summertime in Flagstaff. That's all I need! So fired up!

mtbr member
    Had a nice afternoon / evening sitting on the back patio celebrating #2's 21st BD. Grilled veggies and chicken with gratin potatoes and a Kiltlifter.

Looking forward to spending more time on the Cabin Loop and other rim trails this summer, then sitting on this porch with friends and some cold beverages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking forward to...?-p1000047.jpg  

If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains,
    you're lucky enough.

drink coffee, ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Summertime in Flagstaff. That's all I need! So fired up!
    yeah, I'm looking forward to a few trips to Flag this year

drink coffee, ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by azjonboy View Post
    Had a nice afternoon / evening sitting on the back patio celebrating #2's 21st BD. Grilled veggies and chicken with gratin potatoes and a Kiltlifter.

Looking forward to spending more time on the Cabin Loop and other rim trails this summer, then sitting on this porch with friends and some cold beverages.
    that looks pretty stellar - and to quote your sig - yep, lucky enough!

DFL>DNF>DNS
    My wife doesn't ride, so we sit down with a calendar and plan out a month or two in advance for the longer weekend rides/events. She gets one weekend per month where I don't ride & this past weekend was that weekend. As I look at the upcoming rides I can't stop the ride stoke. Here's the plan for the next 6 weeks:

3/10: AES Sedona BFL
    3/17: AZT - Picketpost to Kelvin
    3/18: BCT shorter shuttle
    3/24-25: AZT - Bikepack the APC115
    4/1: BCT shuttle full meal deal
    4/7? - Something stoopid long at SoMo
    4/13-17 - AZT300
    4/21 - AES Prescott Monstercross

Throw in some weekday rides at SoMo, PMP, Hawes & Gold Canyon for good measure.

REST.
    Ski. Ride. Hike. Be.
    My Two Schillingsworth

drink coffee, ride.
    Well, the year is winding down. 2012 is almost in the history books, or in a few more days with those crazy cocoa fermenters, the end. So, did you get to do the things you were hoping? Or was a wonderful case of "no plan is the best plan"? Did an unexpected ride that turned into just a simply sublime pedal happen?

Me?
    Was able to travel at least once a month to the north starting in March. Sedonuts, Flag, Prescott. Multiple times. Didn't get Lenawee. Even with pouring over Lat40 maps and anthonys' photos. Just didn't work. BUT, did get a 3 day stint in Gunnison with friends new and old. Hartman Rocks, Monarch Crest (south) and some Crested Butte. Unexpected and hastily planned. Truly fantastic.

Unexpected rest period from the bike and a meniscus repair. But, it's all good. Rode with running shoes on my clip pedals, total Fred. It was great! 2 months off the bike will do that I guess.

I think it was scorpionwoman or crd or a regular frequenter of the passion forum who had in their sig:
    And as you rode along in the warm, keen air you had a sensation that the world was standing still and life would last forever.
    --W. Somerset Maugham, Cakes and Ale

I always liked that, and that was what it felt like the first time back "on the bike"

Hope yours was good as well. Looking forward...to....2013

Tucson, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiedough View Post
    Well, the year is winding down. 2012 is almost in the history books, or in a few more days with those crazy cocoa fermenters, the end. So, did you get to do the things you were hoping? Or was a wonderful case of "no plan is the best plan"? Did an unexpected ride that turned into just a simply sublime pedal happen?
    Every time that sun sets when I am on the bike is a sublime moment for me, it tends to happen during those techy tuesdays when I am on my A-game....

I have ridden nearly everywhere in the SW, but nothing is better than your backyard with friends on some chunky trails. That is how I hope to spend every year.

Shift less, Pedal more.
    Sunrise....lift access.
    I'd rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not......Dolemite.