Vitamin Bike Added

Looking for a fork...

If you've ever ridden with me, you know I need a fork....badly. My old school marz has been ridden well beyond the realm of safe and it's time for something less likely to leave me in a wheelchair. Looking for something 120-140mm with preload, rebound and lockout. Not a brand snob, just want something in good shape for a good price. Anyone have anything collecting dust they need out of the garage?
    Keep the rubber side down

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I've got a new Fox Float 36, but it's 160 (you can limit the travel) and has a tapered steerer. Lot of forks these days are tapered, so you may want to specify if you need straight.

mtbr member
    What size head tube does your bike have? 1-1/8", Taper, or 1-1/2"? Does your wheel have a 9mm, 15mm, or 20mm axle?
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

Go Speed Racer
    May also help to specify if you have 26 or 29 inch wheels

Vitamin Bike Added
    1 1/8th, 26er. Thanks for the request for clairification, very vague post I made reviewing it in retrospect...

mtbr member
    Canuck. You may want to think about a 15mil or a 20mil thru axle for a beefer front end. Ya I know that will require a wheel, but you might need those aswell .
    JRA

74 & 29 pilot
    What's a good price? Chainlove . com was selling a Fox 140 last night for $300 and something. Might keep your eye on that sight if you can. You can download SAC Alerts for your smart phone to keep an eye on it...
    MTBP
    "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"
    Turn on the truth: http://www.ronpaulchannel.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBCanuck View Post
    1 1/8th, 26er. Thanks for the request for clairification, very vague post I made reviewing it in retrospect...
    Yeah, you almost forked yourself.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

My other ride is your mom
    I have a spare 26'r front wheel in 15mm TA if you get around to it....just PM me if you need it....I usually deal in Kahlua instead of cash.

Vitamin Bike Added
    Thanks for all the thoughts guys. Helimech, TA is a good thought, even though I want to keep this rig stupid simple and stick to the strong and cheap (oxymoron perhaps) theme, that might be a worthy approach to front end build. Maad, thanks for the offer, we will see what comes up fork-wise and we might have you sipping Irish Coffee before thanksgiving. I'll keep my eye on chainlove....by the way, is it just me or is chainlove doing a lot more roadie parts and bizarre clothing than they used to?

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBCanuck View Post
    Thanks for all the thoughts guys. Helimech, TA is a good thought, even though I want to keep this rig stupid simple and stick to the strong and cheap (oxymoron perhaps) theme, that might be a worthy approach to front end build. Maad, thanks for the offer, we will see what comes up fork-wise and we might have you sipping Irish Coffee before thanksgiving. I'll keep my eye on chainlove....by the way, is it just me or is chainlove doing a lot more roadie parts and bizarre clothing than they used to?
    I got a spare Manitou SX-E that I keep around just in case I end up breaking stuff. Measly 9mm QR, 80mm travel, 1-1/8" steerer, V-brakes or disc compatible (but it's the older 63mm spacing Manitou post) Give me a shout if you want to borrow or buy it (CHEAP!!!).

-S