Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Looking for fast paced cross country group rides!!

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  MTBeing 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there....I am looking for some group rides that are fast paced on the weekends and maybe occasional week day rides. I have a fluid trainer that I ride on the week days and am fairly busy with work and don't have a lot of time to hit the dirt thru the week. My goal is to get faster and be more competitive during the racing season. Can someone point me in the direction of a group that embrace a new member to train with?

#16 ·
Yeah, just try and keep up with Kaolin on the Flat Tire ride.

Also the McDowell Mountain Tuesday night ride always has some fast guys up front, but they will wait for others at certain points. And there has been known to be adult beverages. Emphasis is more on fun than fast - but there are definitely opportunities to get your heart rate up.

#9 ·
Not a troll or whatever...i am just honestly looking for some group rides that will challenge my skills and speed. I have been riding for the last 10 years and racing for the last few years. I race every year in the MBAA cat 2 or intermediate is what they are calling it now - no usa cycling sanctioning this past year. I usually do mid pack but i did have a better year this year with a top 5 finish at the McDowells and a couple other decent finishes. I have a group of guys that i ride with but the rides are more leisure based and not so much training based. I would love to join a club and that might be the direction that I ultimately take...thanks for the recommendation for flat tire rides...i will check that out.

#10 ·
group road rides if you're not opposed. most of the fast xc guys frequent these (esp true with the n scottsdale guys) so you can meet them there. I don't know of any really fast organized weekly group rides other than flat tire and short track papago but there are lots of fast xc guys who meet up on their own all the time.

PM me if you want me to help make introductions or let you know when some of these rides are. I used to do a lot of these rides but decided I like more technical riding and less d*ck measuring :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.