Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Air Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    85

    A little stoke: Goat Camp Vid

    Rode Goat Camp for the first time this past Sunday, was blown away by how incredible this trail is. A long climb followed by some insane downhill coupled with perfect weather, I was on cloud 9. Ended up walking a few parts of the downhill which I expected. Didn't clean the spiral staircase which I was bummed out on, kept getting chingered up on the last hairpin This video doesn't do this trail justice, it really is intense pucker factor for several miles. That coupled with the fact that much of the vid quality was lost when I uploaded it to vimeo. Nuff griping, hope you enjoy

    https://vimeo.com/60083070

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    169
    Nice ride man!

  3. #3
    SamuraiBunnyGuy
    Reputation: longhairmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,391
    holy crap that was some serious exposure around 2:40-2:50

  4. #4
    Vitamin Bike Added
    Reputation: MTBCanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    545
    Nice run! Yeah was watching for the staircase section then came back and read your post! I didn't clean it either. Next time ill be bringing a bigger bike and bigger nuts. Beauty of a ride brother!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    199
    Nice vid and even nicer trail..... love the lack of sanitizing on it... some nice tech sections....where do you pick this up?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,860
    nice skillz! It's hard to get the mojo to try everything when you're solo. And no armor or any protection either? Everything is sharp out there.

    I like the transition from the buff, rerouted Mescal section to the Goat DH. Quite the difference in trail character.

  7. #7
    Dirt Bike Craig
    Reputation: FMX_DBC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Air Bud View Post
    Rode Goat Camp for the first time this past Sunday, was blown away by how incredible this trail is. A long climb followed by some insane downhill coupled with perfect weather, I was on cloud 9. Ended up walking a few parts of the downhill which I expected. Didn't clean the spiral staircase which I was bummed out on, kept getting chingered up on the last hairpin This video doesn't do this trail justice, it really is intense pucker factor for several miles. That coupled with the fact that much of the vid quality was lost when I uploaded it to vimeo. Nuff griping, hope you enjoy

    https://vimeo.com/60083070
    You know you can improve the video quality if it was uploaded in HD right? Go to the video settings & click on the video file tab, then look for "Upgrade this video"
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

  8. #8
    NedwannaB
    Reputation: JMac47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,557
    Great vid! It depicted the pucker conditions enuff for me.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

  9. #9
    My other ride is your mom
    Reputation: Maadjurguer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4,407
    Nice video....thanks for the stoke...wish I could get out there more often...it's a far drive from the east side.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GR1822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,139
    Good stuff!

  11. #11
    Kathleen in AZ
    Reputation: DurtGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    nice skillz! It's hard to get the mojo to try everything when you're solo. And no armor or any protection either? Everything is sharp out there.

    I like the transition from the buff, rerouted Mescal section to the Goat DH. Quite the difference in trail character.
    Yea AirBud... too bad you rocketted by my group so fast on the uphill. If you had ridden the DH with us, watching a bunch of middle aged ladies rocking the nasty lines might of given you a bit more courage I also highly recommend armor for your next attempt! We (as in me) have broken bikes, helmets, and bodies on that trail.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Eazy_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,434
    When something looks full retard on a GoPro, you know it's REALLY full retard.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tysonnemb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    nice skillz! It's hard to get the mojo to try everything when you're solo. And no armor or any protection either? Everything is sharp out there.

    I like the transition from the buff, rerouted Mescal section to the Goat DH. Quite the difference in trail character.
    Agreed. I have only done this trail alone. I seem to have less brains when I'm with others. I love that this trail is out my front door. I'll clear it one day.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,806
    Maybe someday I'll bother to drive all the way out there to understand why this place gives people multiple orgasms every time it's mentioned. All the vids and pics so far, more of a halfie.
    Nice KOM, sorry about your penis.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    982
    Nice Skills!!!! I'm preaty sure I walked most of that last time I was out there. Carbon XC race bikes don't like to play well when the chunk gets that ruff. Or maybe it is just my poor bike skills in the tech.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Air Bud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by DurtGurl View Post
    Yea AirBud... too bad you rocketted by my group so fast on the uphill. If you had ridden the DH with us, watching a bunch of middle aged ladies rocking the nasty lines might of given you a bit more courage I also highly recommend armor for your next attempt! We (as in me) have broken bikes, helmets, and bodies on that trail.
    yeah I actually wanted to tag along with you guys but had to make a quick ride to get back to Flagstaff with the wife. Pumped that you ladies are out there tearing this trail up! I must say, I was quite impressed. think I might wear more than a helmet/ gloves next time. Though I didn't have any mishaps this ride, a fall on this trail= hurtin for certain.

    MrWhlr, you just gotta get out there and ride it. The video in all its graininess just doesn't give an even close idea of what this trail is like. It is definitely all rideable but some sections really make you think quickly on which line to take. It will raise your halfie to a full, guaranteed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •