mtbr member

Little Bear Stoke

Little Bear is an awesome trail. But first you have to get to it. Today's choice for the ascent was grinding up Elden Lookout Rd. First, Mrs. Rockman and I weathered storm #1 at the DH pickup spot. Watched a few DH'rs drop down but only 1 cleared the gap jump. In fact, I was rather disappointed with the effort from some of the other's going by but hey, bad things happen in the air. We were then treated to Joe S and wife nearly getting run over by a jeep hauling ass up the road (no bikes).

But I digress....Catwalk was in great shape and there's a nice line through Organ Doner and Hobbit Forest. Then we had to wait out Storm #2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Little Bear Stoke-sunset1.jpg  

Little Bear Stoke-sunset2.jpg  

Little Bear Stoke-lbear1.jpg  

@trailgrinder
    Wow very cool looking trail, looks like you ha a great ride!

mtbr member
    As we huddled under one of the massive White Firs at the trail junction we debated our options. There was a creek running down Sunset in the Brookbank direction so we decided to stay with the original destination-Little Bear. And all the new work had paid off. There's one large tree down but otherwise, the trail was amazingly well-drained and the views are awesome. Same trail only different. Not as fast because of continual surface sloughing from the hillside but there's also more to look at.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Little Bear Stoke-lbear2.jpg  

Little Bear Stoke-lbear4.jpg  

Little Bear Stoke-lbear5.jpg  

Little Bear Stoke-lbear6.jpg  

Little Bear Stoke-lbear3.jpg  

mtbr member
    I was especially interested in how the work on the drainage crossings had held up during the last month of monsoon thunderstorms. An immense amount of effort went into stabilizing what had once been minor drainages that the trail crossed with little consequence but were now deep gullies.

Kudos to all the effort CREC, ACE, and the FS, and FBO put into this trail to get it reopened. Get out and get some. It needs to be ridden.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Little Bear Stoke-lbear7.jpg  

Little Bear Stoke-lbear8.jpg  

Little Bear Stoke-lbear9.jpg  

Boriqua Puneta
    Nice!!! Ive never been there but Ill be heading there tomorrow. Cant wait!!!
    Only type of shuttle I ride....the ambulance!

mtbr member
    Very nice, thanks for posting.

ben

mtbr member
    Little Bear is BACK! Yes!

Break it, Fix it, Ride it
    Ha! Too funny. I have the same post lined up from my weekend in Flag. I even took a snap of some folks coming down Little Bear and they wanted to get a pic I took. I told them, "I'll start a 'Little Bear Stoke' thread on the forum and you can download from there. They might be disappointed not to find it here so I'll add it if you don't mind, .....But agreed, Little Bear was awesome! I can't wait to get back to ride it again. The rain yesterday was wicked. I got caught in the hailstorm on a hike with the wife. Had to run for the truck to go pick her up!

And a little something extra.
    Today's the day I eat bikes.