dirt visionary

A lil morning stoke

Here is a video using a gimbal at angelfire. Shame it only lasted thru ziggy before I killed it for the 3rd time. But I sure do like the video quality when using it. Just gotta figure a way to stop killing it.

https://youtu.be/zgFxUhf272I
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body.

mtbr member
    Quality is excellent. Might ride AF at the end of the month for the first time.
    The only trace I leave behind is tire marks.

dirt visionary
    Thanks!

You'll love AF if you haven't been. They have trails for all attitudes/skill levels. You would be very hard pressed to ride everything they have in one weekend. I go at least 4 times a year and have 6 days in this year so far.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. It looks massive. Do you wear a full-face helmet or recommend wearing one? I'm no great jumper, but enjoy small jumps and riding drops.
    The only trace I leave behind is tire marks.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Very nice!! It's kinda funny, but the video quality is so good it almost makes your handlebars look fake, like a video game!! I need to check out AF one of these days, looks like a really fun place and I've only heard good things about the area.

Are there enough trails there for a good day riding a hardtail? Or would it just be best to rent a bigger full squish bike?
    I ride the crappy trails so you don't have to
    My Two Schillingsworth

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Reptilian View Post
    Thanks for the info. It looks massive. Do you wear a full-face helmet or recommend wearing one? I'm no great jumper, but enjoy small jumps and riding drops.
    I do ride with my full face. I would recommend it as the speeds you can ride at provide lots of opportunity to smash your face. However if you stick to the easier trails I wouldn't call it necessary. It really comes down to preference and skill.

There are plenty of jumps and drops at angelfire varying in size and frequency. Definitely enough for all skill levels and its easy to work your way up as you get better.

Ziggy is the gateway trail to most of the mountain and is a blue trail. Shortest run down is just under 3 miles longest way down is about 6. Lots of ways to connect your favorite bits of trails into your ideal run down

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by schillingsworth View Post
    Very nice!! It's kinda funny, but the video quality is so good it almost makes your handlebars look fake, like a video game!! I need to check out AF one of these days, looks like a really fun place and I've only heard good things about the area.

Are there enough trails there for a good day riding a hardtail? Or would it just be best to rent a bigger full squish bike?
    Lol yeah I have to agree.

Yes angelfire is awesome and the people are equally as awesome.

Yes you could ride all day on a hardtail depending on your skill or what you like to ride on a hardtail. There are something like 25-30 trails to choose from. Everything from fast and smooth to down right chunky and equally as fast.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    We rode the chair together once 2 or 3 years ago. I remembered the name.
    Michael
    old guy

dirt visionary
    ah yes I believe I remember. If I recall it was during one of my week long stays. Have you been back since then?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Oh yes, many times. Season Pass. I tore my AC shoulder joint at Big Bear but will be headed to AF soon, 2-4 weeks. AF gives me something I don't get anywhere. As mentioned it has so much to do with the non-commercial remote flavor.
    Michael
    old guy

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    John, you will probably want to look at the South Boundary Trail also. One of my favorite XC/Enduro rides in 20 years of riding. Often overlooked because it is a shuttle ride.
    Michael
    old guy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterp2 View Post
    John, you will probably want to look at the South Boundary Trail also. One of my favorite XC/Enduro rides in 20 years of riding. Often overlooked because it is a shuttle ride.
    You can pedal up South Boundary right from Angelfire, then come back via forest roads after lunch and a few beers in Taos, no need for a shuttle. This is Schilling we're talking about after all..

Ridin bikes is fun
    I got to ride Angle Fire this year. I only had one day, but it was good. I have a new bike Yeti SB 5.5. I have never been a jump guy, but after a few runs I was hitting small and medium size jumps like I knew what I was doing or something. Those table tops are very forgiving and after a short while I really gained confidence. I probably won't get back this year, but I really hope I can make it back next year. Love that place.
    Better than most, not as good as some.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sweet Clockwork. That place looks like so much fun.

DFL>DNF>DNS
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrt taco View Post
    You can pedal up South Boundary right from Angelfire, then come back via forest roads after lunch and a few beers in Taos, no need for a shuttle. This is Schilling we're talking about after all..
    South Boundary has been on the list for a while. I thought I was going to have time to add it in on my return from CO a couple weeks ago, but timing didn't quite work out.

I was wondering if it was realistic without a shuttle. Sounds like a fantastic long weekend. AF for a couple of days & SB on the last.
    I ride the crappy trails so you don't have to
    My Two Schillingsworth

dirt visionary
    Check the NM forum . They have a couple routes and options in the SBT thread

dirt visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona View Post
    Sweet Clockwork. That place looks like so much fun.

Thanks! Yeah its tons of fun. Ziggy is only a very small portion of the decent down the mountain and 1 of four ways to drop in off the top to get to get to a waypoint. It takes on average 10-15min if your not racing and even upwards of 30mins to get down depending on route and what you connect together. I am sure you would fall in love with the mountain and surrounding trails if you ever make it their. It takes me just about 10.5hrs on average to get there so I know it would be only be around 8 for anyone in flag.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
    Here is a video using a gimbal at angelfire. Shame it only lasted thru ziggy before I killed it for the 3rd time. But I sure do like the video quality when using it. Just gotta figure a way to stop killing it.

https://youtu.be/zgFxUhf272I
    Which gimbal and mount are you using?

dirt visionary
    chesty with feyui tech g4 wearable gimble.