mtbr member
    Apr 2008

LBS recommendations near 101 and Scottsdale Rd.

I'll be in town visting family from 12/23 - 12/29, and was wondering if anyone knows any bike shops near the location mentioned. Thanks

mtbr member
    Landis Cyclery and Bicycle Showcase are on the SE corner of Shea and Scottsdale Rd, just a couple of miles west of the 101. Bicycle Ranch is at the 101 and Frank Lloyd Wright, which is a few miles north.

If you don't mind driving a bit, the Slippery Pig is just north of the intersection of Camelback Rd and Central. They have a great selection of mtn bikes and gear. Stuff you won't find anywhere else. It's probably 15 - 20 miles from the others, but worth the drive in my opinion.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I concur with everything said above. Showcase is cool and Ranch is OK, but if you want a shop "experience" drive over to Slippery Pig. Can't say enough good things about those guys.
    d

mtbr member
    DNA Cycles just south of the 101 on West side of Scottsdale Road in the new complex next to Whole Foods.

Specialized concept store but will expertly wrench any need you have. Beautiful store and Bob and Scott are both great guys to work with.

mtbr member
    Since everyone else is telling you to drive- go to Swiss American near 43rd avenue and Bell. Or go to a motorcycle shop! I run a small independent called Ridetime! and we are kind of old school (as in you can walk in, look and not buy anything- and no one will accost you!).. We allow loitering!

I like DNA over near where you are at and have heard good things about the other two.
    Find a ride on FB> AZ MTB

"Uppercase with a space"

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll write them all down. I think I'll stop off at the Slippery Pig on my way from the airport to my destination. You guys talk highly about it, and it won't be taking me out of the way.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwheelin
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll write them all down. I think I'll stop off at the Slippery Pig on my way from the airport to my destination. You guys talk highly about it, and it won't be taking me out of the way.
    Thanks
    Good Choice Those guys at the Pig will take great care of you. Eric (the owner) came back from Interbike with some really cool new stuff. I bought my Fisher X-Cal there a year ago, and am planning to buy my next frame from them. The Pig rocks!!!!
    Making Milk by Day, Beer by Night

mtbr member
    May 2007

don't forget about RAGE

Quote Originally Posted by bwheelin
    I'll be in town visting family from 12/23 - 12/29, and was wondering if anyone knows any bike shops near the location mentioned. Thanks
    RAGE is not too far South on Scottsdale Road since you'll be driving no matter what...., go say hello to Pete and the crew, they are swell
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Slippery Pig is a good shop also, but what do I know, I'm up in Flagpole