Thread: LBS & fitting

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

LBS & fitting

I want to get a good fitting on a new bike and was wndering what shop does the best? ANy experiences?

SamuraiBunnyGuy
    stay away from the ones that insist on taking a plaster cast of your large intestine for proper saddle fit. its just sales hype.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by longhairmike View Post
    stay away from the ones that insist on taking a plaster cast of your large intestine for proper saddle fit. its just sales hype.
    But what if I like the prostate stimulation?

Blood, Sweat, and Gears
    Exhale Bikes gets my vote but this type of question usually end up in a "my di*k is bigger than your di*k type thing".
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -- Abraham Lincoln

banned
    Jun 2011
    Rob at Mike's bikes chalet in mesa. He seems to know his stuff and he is really nice and cool.

mtbr member
    Depends on what kind of bike your looking to buy. I agree that Exhale does a great job, but if your looking to but a trek, I wouldn't go there. Also, where in town are you. you might not want an Apache Junctin recomendation if you live in El Mirage!

banned
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmelin View Post
    Depends on what kind of bike your looking to buy. I agree that Exhale does a great job, but if your looking to but a trek, I wouldn't go there. Also, where in town are you. you might not want an Apache Junctin recomendation if you live in El Mirage!
    Not sure if I should take that as a dig?

mtbr member
    If you DO happen to live in Apache Junction (or Gold Canyon, which is NOT Apache Junction ) then I would recommend Two Wheel Jones on Signal Butte. If you're up north then I cast my vote for Exhale as well.

It does depend on your location, the bike, and the riding style you want to be fitted for as many have said (see above). Can't help you with the prostate, however (see below).
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Bicycling...is the nearest approximation I know to the flight of birds." Louis Halle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzMntBkr1 View Post
    Not sure if I should take that as a dig?
    I don't know why you would. I dont know you. Do you ride specailized or Trek?
    Or maybe you live in Elmer's Garage and are sensitive about it.
    My point is that sizing isn't standard across the industry, and this is an AZ fourm not Phoenix metro area forum.
    The OP may live in Yuma!!!!!!

Blood, Sweat, and Gears
    Quote Originally Posted by GilaMonster View Post
    If you DO happen to live in Apache Junction (or Gold Canyon, which is NOT Apache Junction ) then I would recommend Two Wheel Jones on Signal Butte. If you're up north then I cast my vote for Exhale as well.

It does depend on your location, the bike, and the riding style you want to be fitted for as many have said (see above). Can't help you with the prostate, however (see below).

Ugh! Thanks for that pic, it actually made me shiver and I'm sure bad dreams will follow.....
    And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. -- Abraham Lincoln

mtbr member
    If you are in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, go see Kevin at Tribe Multisport. If you are in the north valley make an appointment with Wolfgang at Endurance Rehab's north Scottsdale location. They are the two best guys in the entire valley.
    Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

96 Huffy Dr. Shock
    01 Magna girls hybrid

Black and Sticky
    Mary @ Bike Barn.
    "Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission." - Neil Kendall

My other ride is your mom
    The homeless guy living on Hawes has some good advice for bike fitting. I was chatting with him yesterday morning when I first passed him on his way into town for water and food.....he speaks in grunts and looks at you shifty, but his 'Crosseyed and Painless' expression told me that a slightly lower seat position for an ITBS sufferer such as myself is a good thing.

mtbr member
    Exhale Bikes has my vote for sure!! It doesn't matter what brand, style of riding, or type of bike...you will.get an excellent bike fit! Also, I have known people that work at different bike shops that have gone to them for a fit, if that says anything! !!!!

banned
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmelin View Post
    I don't know why you would. I dont know you. Do you ride specailized or Trek?
    Or maybe you live in Elmer's Garage and are sensitive about it.
    My point is that sizing isn't standard across the industry, and this is an AZ fourm not Phoenix metro area forum.
    The OP may live in Yuma!!!!!!
    Hi I'm Elmer and I ride Specialized.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzMntBkr1 View Post
    Hi I'm Elmer and I ride Specialized.
    Specialized or special-ed?

mtbr member
    Bicycle Ranch in Scottsdale have riders come from out of state to get the perfect fit. they have professional racers of every type of cycling go to them. They have different levels of fitting depending on how much you want to spend. Top notch if your serious about fit.
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!