Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540

    Last Offical Mt. Bike Heaven Sunday Ride

    Well, as some of you know the well known Mt. Bike Heaven bike shop has closed their doors and Rama is moving to Hawaii with Max to enjoy the fruits of his labor. To celebrate the 21 years that Rama has been in business the local mountain bike community is going to do one last offical group Sunday ride on Damifino.

    As many of you know Damifino is an advanced ride that some riders will have to walk several sections to keep from crashing, but if my 59 year old wife can walk those sections and still enjoy the ride maybe you can also. The views are spectacular and the trail has some cool slickrock ledges that will put a smile on your face.

    TD

  2. #2
    Big B's Trails
    Reputation: ImaFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,719
    Always helping
    I dig dirt!

  3. #3
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    613
    Yeah, everyone saw your first post on the subject

    Is It Really Happening?

    and no one replied because no one cares.

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by azbeerguy View Post
    Yeah, everyone saw your first post on the subject

    Is It Really Happening?

    and no one replied because no one cares.
    az:

    Not sure you are entirely correct. We will see how many show up for Sunday's ride. That will be a better test if anyone cares, right? Especially if gmookher and Joey show up.

    TD

  5. #5
    Just A Mountain Biker.
    Reputation: blaklabl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    613
    I misspoke; I should have said that by now you are pretty much on everyone's ignore list, so they probably DIDN'T see your first post on the subject. Now I'm adding you to mine!

    Happy trails

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by azbeerguy View Post
    I misspoke; I should have said that by now you are pretty much on everyone's ignore list, so they probably DIDN'T see your first post on the subject. Now I'm adding you to mine!

    Happy trails
    azbeerguy, plenty of folks do care about the last rider ever from the Mt Bike Heaven shop,,,,,,,,,it's just that most of them don't ever check in on MTBR nor do they need a public forum to be in the know for local rides.I'm making plans to be there if things suss out here @ 7000 ft. I met Top Rama Jon in 1991 right after he had opened up the MBH shop and he's promoted the riding in Sedona for the entire 20 years the shop has been open. Trail Doc has likewise done the same for 2 wheels since he came to town. I'm curious, how often do you ride Sedona? What trails are your favorites down in the Red Rocks?
    2 Wheels Good

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: woahey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,289
    I am certain that the Sunday rides will continue on without MBH. You'll just be meeting up at Basha's or Safeway's parking lots instead...

    Have fun!
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you’ll crash.
    - Julie Furtado

  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation: traildoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,540
    Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66 View Post
    azbeerguy, plenty of folks do care about the last rider ever from the Mt Bike Heaven shop,,,,,,,,,it's just that most of them don't ever check in on MTBR nor do they need a public forum to be in the know for local rides.I'm making plans to be there if things suss out here @ 7000 ft. I met Top Rama Jon in 1991 right after he had opened up the MBH shop and he's promoted the riding in Sedona for the entire 20 years the shop has been open. Trail Doc has likewise done the same for 2 wheels since he came to town. I'm curious, how often do you ride Sedona? What trails are your favorites down in the Red Rocks?
    2 Wheels Good
    er66:

    Thanks for the post. Rama will always be an icon for the Sedona bushwack ride. He is the king of such rides, and he has a very loyal following on those special rides. He and I rarely shared the same political viewpoint, but unlike several other of my once good friends, he never let it ruin our freindship.

    We both shared the same goal of making Sedona a fun place to ride. It will be interesting how the future goes in Sedona without him here to push the envelope. I don't think the FS will miss him as much as hIs friends will.

    Hope to see you on the Sunday ride if it works out with you.

    TD

  9. #9
    Aussie Battler
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    212
    Nooooo!!!! the MBH rides were some of the most memorable rides I've done anywhere in the world.

    Good luck Rama.

    Craig and Kim from Oz.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 11:38 PM
  2. TOC to go thru MT bike Heaven....
    By rollinrob in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 12:32 PM
  3. Henry Coe Fall Circus 2008 - Offical Ride Details
    By BigLarry in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 02:36 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 05:55 AM
  5. Ride Heaven at backdoor
    By trailadvent in forum Ellsworth
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2005, 11:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •