mtbr member

Last minute DC night ride 1/31..

It's a lst minute notice buy if anyone is interested on meeting up with kevhog and I for a DC night ride feel free. We head out from pima canyon and will go to the benches at a minimum, farther if anyone feels up to it. We are usually heading out around 5:45-6:00..
    Post up if we should wait for ya...

Low speed, High Drag
    It's supposed to rain tomorrow, we still riding?

mtbr member
    Unless rain is falling at 6:00 I want to ride.....but that's just my 2c.

mtbr member
    Ok, kevhog is out so I will bring my gear and if anyone wants to meet up reply to the post and I will be there. I'm not dumb enough to go alone so please don't make me do night laps on my road bike

I'm thinking out and back DC, one stop at the benches, and one at the turnaround point at the end..

What, who, me?
    Jul 2006

I'm in!

With about 4 other guys. We can meet you at the watertank, since we come in off of warpaint. Meet maybe at 6:15? 3 of us will be new at nightriding, but with new lights and a full moon it should be fun

Whats up w/ Kevhog? Does'nt want to get his singlespeed muddy?

Mike

mtbr member
    Kevin is under the weather. He's made it out every other week for the past month...
    6:15 should be good, I'll be wearing a yellow jersey and riding an El Mariachi.

mtbr member
    Weather is looking good, I'll see you at the tank 6:15 ish... still be leaving from PC.

Death? Taxes? So ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by theFuzz
    I'm not dumb enough to go alone ...
    It's dumb to ride alone at night? I do it all the time, and if I didn't I'd hardly get to ride at all.

Am I breaking some rule?

BTW, I wanted to ride tonight but I got 'son to scouts' detail. I'll be out on DC about 9pm ...

Low speed, High Drag
    Quote Originally Posted by pool_monkey
    With about 4 other guys. We can meet you at the watertank, since we come in off of warpaint. Meet maybe at 6:15? 3 of us will be new at nightriding, but with new lights and a full moon it should be fun

Whats up w/ Kevhog? Does'nt want to get his singlespeed muddy?

Mike
    Well, doesn't that just figure? The one time, and I do mean the one time you go, and I can't make it?! Damn you Pool_Monkey! I'll be there next time, so go dry up those salty tears.Ha! Take that!

What really sucks is, I was gonna bring out the 6" bike, so I could finish breaking in the front brake.

Next time...........

Low speed, High Drag
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenPHX
    It's dumb to ride alone at night? I do it all the time, and if I didn't I'd hardly get to ride at all.

Am I breaking some rule?

BTW, I wanted to ride tonight but I got 'son to scouts' detail. I'll be out on DC about 9pm ...
    I don't think it's dumb. I ride by myself all the time. As long as your capable of getting yourself out, or calling for help, go for it.

TheFuzz went down on DC, and got hurt. I don't think he wants to be out there alone, all busted up.

mtbr member
    Don't know it is dumb but it's much less likely that someone would find me at night if I did acually crash hard and be stuck. For some reason all of my worst crashes have been on the easiest trails...

It was fun and we'll be out next wed as well.

Low speed, High Drag
    God, I hope I make it, next week. I'm pretty much sick, of being sick. Idiot doctors.

mtbr member
    Ok Ok, not dumb but riskier... And yes I broke my rib on the staircase, but that was during the DAY. I did still make it out to the saddle at the end and back in under 2 hrs...

Death? Taxes? So ride!
    That's a good pace. Next time you want to ride post up, I'm in!

Weds might be harder due to scout detail, but I'll give it a try!

What, who, me?
    Jul 2006

Fun ride for my first!

Had a blast last night on my maiden voyage. I will be out more nights from now on. Good to meet and ride with you Fuzz.

Mike